Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mydog said:
I went a head and made all the changes to the ini file for the themes that I had. Can't promise you anything, but go ahead and check them out to see if they work.

Ini files for wiiflow themes
Just tried your INI for Carbonik but, sorry to say, your INI changes plenty compared to the original theme.

Do you or anyone have a better working INI for the Carbonik theme?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
full covers are only 682 KB (698,894 bytes) in size(size on disk 704 KB (720,896 bytes)) once Wiiflow converts them and are read off the HDD/SD but as for the 500 game thing that's just the limit of the WBFS partition but i sure some loaders have a fix which always more games to be read from a single partition like CFG im not 100% sure, maybe wiiflow needs this fix also

Is this also a problem with FAT partitions? or only WBFS, maybe when r-win is done with FAT support this will no longer be a problem

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:
pepxl said:
full covers are only 682 KB (698,894 bytes) in size(size on disk 704 KB (720,896 bytes)) once Wiiflow converts them and are read off the HDD/SD but as for the 500 game thing that's just the limit of the WBFS partition but i sure some loaders have a fix which always more games to be read from a single partition like CFG im not 100% sure, maybe wiiflow needs this fix also

Is this also a problem with FAT partitions? or only WBFS, maybe when r-win is done with FAT support this will no longer be a problem

Nope, the game limit of 500 games is a limit of the default WBFS. You can get more games on it, if you use Wiimm tools, search gbatemp for more info on this problem. Anyway, FAT and NTFS will not have this limit.

QUOTE(Valguerra @ Feb 18 2010, 05:43 PM)
It will be nice in wiiflow can read more than one HDD connected to the wii.
That's not possible. You cannot use a USB hub, and we can't read from both ports in USB 2.0 mode at once.

mydog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
mydog said:
I went a head and made all the changes to the ini file for the themes that I had. Can't promise you anything, but go ahead and check them out to see if they work.

Just tried your INI for Carbonik but, sorry to say, your INI changes plenty compared to the original theme.

It doesn't change the theme, it just stops the buttons from over lapping each other on the individual game options. This way you can see the ne buttons for the cheats.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mydog said:
jservs7 said:
mydog said:

It doesn't change the theme, it just stops the buttons from over lapping each other on the individual game options. This way you can see the ne buttons for the cheats.
Oh I see. Even though I understand this was done for compatibility, I hope someone can fix the layout of it. Benjay aint touchin it.
frown.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info r-win good stuff, Question though is FAT formated drives have any speed diff of the loading of wiiflow/covers/games etc faster or slower? I remember in GX it was an issue for a while, not sure if its of importance with the way wiiflow works but just wondering as im looking into converting to FAT once its released, thanks!

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yes , i aint touchin it.....
there are 3 different wiiflow builds here that are floating around , and i don't have time to waste to make 3 different versions of my themes.

Try to find some agreement between devs and perhaps i'll udpate my themes.
Personnally , i'm sticked with R25 , which is enough for me , and all my themes work fine on it.....

btw , like i told to jservs7 , my themes are "open source" if i can say , so feel free to modify them yourself....

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
yes , i aint touchin it.....
there are 3 different builds here that are floating around , and i don't have time to waste to make 3 different versions of my themes.

Try to find some agreement between devs and perhaps i'll udpate my themes.
Personnally , i'm sticked with R25 , which is enough for me , and all my themes work fine on it.....

btw , like i told to jservs7 , my themes are "open source" if i can say , so feel free to modify them yourself....

But on the next stable release..can we expect anything new from you?
smile.gif

Personally i'm with violet....but i would like to get some new "Benjay Originals"
biggrin.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
why not.....but i'm not really sure there will be again a stable release with all features inside.....
That's not the way it seems to go for the moment.

fred bloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Been using Conf USB Loader for a while but thought I'd try some of the alternatives.

Trying WiiFlow for the first time with a FAT32 USB HDD comes up with error WBFS_Open failed -1

Any help appreciated,

Fred

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
fred bloggs said:
Been using Conf USB Loader for a while but thought I'd try some of the alternatives.

Trying WiiFlow for the first time with a FAT32 USB HDD comes up with error WBFS_Open failed -1

Any help appreciated,

Fred

WBFS_Open failed -1 means you don't have a valid WBFS partition but you already stated your using FAT?

just wait for the new release of WiiFlow that supports FAT/NTFS

Fusio9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Benjay said:
why not.....but i'm not really sure there will be again a stable release with all features inside.....
I suppose the better thing would be to use r-win's release as unique/stable/default release - and then implement the other stuff in it if possible, if not, well, too bad for the other stuff.
I mean having so many different branches on the same project is just chaotic.
My two cents.

fred bloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
WBFS_Open failed -1 means you don't have a valid WBFS partition but you already stated your using FAT?

Thanks - I thought it already supported FAT the webpage says "Installed on HDD if you have a FAT partition"

I'll wait for the next release.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fusio9 said:
Benjay said:
I suppose the better thing would be to use r-win's release as unique/stable/default release - and then implement the other stuff in it if possible, if not, well, too bad for the other stuff.
I mean having so many different branches on the same project is just chaotic.
My two cents.

My little release is only for hermes v5 compatibility, and i've send the source to r-win for the integration in his next release. I hope in near future this compatibility will be in the official release, with or without my sources, because i think this cioses are a good piece of software. I don't want to compete with r-win, only contribute. I love wiiflow, and appreciate the work r-win do for our community.

sk8skanj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone else have problems saving the settings for this? Function wise it works fine, but I edit the layout settings, hit saves, and it never saves it.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk8skanj said:
does anyone else have problems saving the settings for this? Function wise it works fine, but I edit the layout settings, hit saves, and it never saves it.

Are you trying to edit settings for specific game (ie region) or general settings?

If you click on the gear icon from the main wiiflow 'screen' at lower left and you can modify general settings.
Else, you have to unlock parental setting, click on a particular game and then you will see the gear icon at the right side of screen.
If you click on it, you can edit the settings for that particular game.

It should take.

Pls advise,

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fred bloggs said:
pepxl said:

Thanks - I thought it already supported FAT the webpage says "Installed on HDD if you have a FAT partition"

I'll wait for the next release.

The "Installed on HDD if you have a FAT partition" is referring to the fact that wiiflow itself including all covers etc... can be put on a FAT32 partition on your HDD. FAT32 partition has to be the first partition, WBFS the second

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P