Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looking at r763, I see overjoy did an update for neek2o where r92b12+ is required.
Not having a lot of luck running neek2o through Wiiflow recently, I thought I'd try to chase down a revision newer than b9 from Abz signature.
Is this a closed beta, as I can't find either the source or a compiled version anywhere?
If I'm jumping the gun, just let me know, but I'm merely curious as to why I have so many problems with neek2o and wiiware through wiiflow, where the same titles work ok through neek2o channel. (eg. Bonsai Barber, Swords & Soldiers etc.)

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at r763, I see overjoy did an update for neek2o where r92b12+ is required.
Not having a lot of luck running neek2o through Wiiflow recently, I thought I'd try to chase down a revision newer than b9 from Abz signature.
Is this a closed beta, as I can't find either the source or a compiled version anywhere?
If I'm jumping the gun, just let me know, but I'm merely curious as to why I have so many problems with neek2o and wiiware through wiiflow, where the same titles work ok through neek2o channel. (eg. Bonsai Barber, Swords & Soldiers etc.)

i sent u a link for beta12.

Reactions: 1 person

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey m8's, I am making my own style for the source menu page and can't find were the coordinates for the title "Select Source" is located. I need to move it up and over to the right...
Can ya enlighten me?

CHEERS

EDIT: Nevermind... LOL I am a blind putz :-p

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey m8's, I am making my own style for the source menu page and can't find were the coordinates for the title "Select Source" is located. I need to move it up and over to the right...
Can ya enlighten me?

CHEERS
you'll have to open the ini of your theme. an do all of that changing in the ini. look for these lines in the ini.(usually they are closer to the bottom of the ini..)
you'll need to play around with X and Y.. to get the look you want. hope this helps out.
Code:
[SOURCE/DML_BTN]
click_sound=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=40
elmstyle=
height=48
hover_sound=
texture_normal=
texture_selected=
width=48
x=295
y=200

also drakorex.. droidflow looks nice. great job on it. as far as banners are going. i'll rewrite my ini for it. an see if there is some thing going on with that. my first ini before the change you did. it was working fine on my end.. so adding the extra line might have changed some thing.. not to sure but worth a shot. this will make one hell of a theme if we can get every thing working nice an smooth.... still would like the exit to menu to look like source menu.. :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I don't know what to say and how to say it ... check this out :P

Abz_SM_v2_RC.jpg

Changelog:
* Extended setup icons
* removed many old duplicate icons and replaced many by new ones (using console logo mainly)
* added golden frame for selected icon
* using mastershoes naming convention for easy switching (still, many icons have original naming since they are new to the set)
* many plugins are still not available but I included them anyways
* some icons have white background (look nicer this way)
* I also included a blank white/black icons + CPT file for ease of use

RC because I need to update the ini file later
Please let me know if anything is missing or if any adjustments are needed
Hope you like it: http://www.mediafire...fm46y2y6lmw9yuq

Abz :)

Wow man, now that's what I'm talkin' about.. GREAT WORK Abz!!!!

I'll add the additional names you included for retroarch (the "_R" 's, gambetta, etc.) to the list as the standard.. unless you wanna use "retro_" or "_retro" instead of the "R"? - Any thoughts?
"R" is fine, does the trick :)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can ya enlighten me?

CHEERS
you'll have to open the ini of your theme. an do all of that changing in the ini. look for these lines in the ini.(usually they are closer to the bottom of the ini..)
you'll need to play around with X and Y.. to get the look you want. hope this helps out.
Code:
[SOURCE/DML_BTN]
click_sound=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=40
elmstyle=
height=48
hover_sound=
texture_normal=
texture_selected=
width=48
x=295
y=200

also drakorex.. droidflow looks nice. great job on it. as far as banners are going. i'll rewrite my ini for it. an see if there is some thing going on with that. my first ini before the change you did. it was working fine on my end.. so adding the extra line might have changed some thing.. not to sure but worth a shot. this will make one hell of a theme if we can get every thing working nice an smooth.... still would like the exit to menu to look like source menu.. :)
High praise indeed. Far as banner ans source menu corruption goes, it happened the very first time I tried out droidflow. Thinking about starting it over with a fresh default ini and see how it falls into place. If you like, send me the raw materials and some notes, maybe a mock up of what you're trying to do and I'd be happy to take a shot at it. :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Updated Mega Pack

Changelog:
WF to R766
Neek2o to uNeek2o 92 b12
Source Menu to v2 RC2 (fixed few names Gambetta>Gambatte and sNESR>sNES_R & updated source_menu.ini to standard plugin pack v6 buttons and magic numbers)
Carbonik Abz RC3 + Forwarder channels and neek2o stuff as before

It's in my Sig as usual :)

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I have problem when i try to install Scummvm. My problem is that scummvm not works with Homebrew IOS 58. I known that is a noob question but what i do to solve this problem?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Make WiiFlow Booter
make[2]: `/c/Sources/openwiiflowmod/resources/wiiflow_game_booter/booter.bin' is up to date.
Raw2C by WinterMute
Make WiiFlow Main
svnrev.sh
buildtype.sh
main.cpp
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `c:/Sources/openwiiflowmod/source/loader/external_booter.cpp', needed by `external_booter.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
"make": *** [all] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:23

yikes i cannot compile r766. last working compile was r759, haven't changed anything and i see no updates for devkitpro. whats happened? i see some crazy changes are made but that shouldn't affect my ability to compile.

@Abz holy crap on those icons! you are a beast at image editing.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I have problem when i try to install Scummvm. My problem is that scummvm not works with Homebrew IOS 58. I known that is a noob question but what i do to solve this problem?
Sup bud, does ScummVM work on its own? You need to launch ScummVM from the homebrew channel/ forwarder first, it will create a scummvm.ini which you will need to configure, most importantly setting up the game directory.

You can easily point to the folder which holds all your games or you can add each game individually within the ScummVM setup menu.

After your ini is setup, cut and paste it into root:/wiiflow/plugins where scummvm_plugin.ini should be as well.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MassiveRican Ok!!! I make this and works for me. I install a channel forwarder for Scummvm and now it´s running with wiiflow now. I think that i have the same issue with retroarchi.With scummvm when i try to use with homebrew ios58 i have a error message. For retroarchi i dont have message only a black screen. I suppose the same is happening with the retroarchi, but i installed the channel for retro and not working. Well my retroarchi dont works for me from homebrew and from channel.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Make WiiFlow Booter
make[2]: `/c/Sources/openwiiflowmod/resources/wiiflow_game_booter/booter.bin' is up to date.
Raw2C by WinterMute
Make WiiFlow Main
svnrev.sh
buildtype.sh
main.cpp
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `c:/Sources/openwiiflowmod/source/loader/external_booter.cpp', needed by `external_booter.o'.  Stop.

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:23

yikes i cannot compile r766. last working compile was r759, haven't changed anything and i see no updates for devkitpro. whats happened? i see some crazy changes are made but that shouldn't affect my ability to compile.

@Abz holy crap on those icons! you are a beast at image editing.
I got a different error compiling r766:

linking ... boot.elf
cios.o: In function `GetTMD':
c:/Users/Bob/Documents/WiiFlow_Source/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/source/loader/cios.c:42: multiple definition of `mainIOS'
alt_ios_gen.o:(.sdata.mainIOS+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/c/Users/Bob/Documents/WiiFlow_Source/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/boot.elf] Error 1

Last one I compiled myself was r732.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To both errors:
Seems like SVN didnt update properly, both files mentioned in the error messages doesnt exist anymore, I deleted them. You may re-checkout or manually remove those files.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To both errors:
Seems like SVN didnt update properly, both files mentioned in the error messages doesnt exist anymore, I deleted them. You may re-checkout or manually remove those files.
yes confirm - I had to delete alt_ios_gen.c and alt_ios_gen.h. they had a blue circle question mark on them (i use tortoise) and all worked fine. Make clean doesn't fix it for some reason.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
MassiveRican Ok!!! I make this and works for me. I install a channel forwarder for Scummvm and now it´s running with wiiflow now. I think that i have the same issue with retroarchi.With scummvm when i try to use with homebrew ios58 i have a error message. For retroarchi i dont have message only a black screen. I suppose the same is happening with the retroarchi, but i installed the channel for retro and not working. Well my retroarchi dont works for me from homebrew and from channel.
If Retroarch is black screening when you launch you might not have any cores in the Retroarch-wii folder. Make sure you have at least one core in the apps/Retroarch-wii folder and try to launch again.

I had a similar problem because I put all the RA cores in the wiiflow/plugins folder but if you want to launch RA directly u need at least one core in the apps folder as well.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To both errors:
I ended up deleting all the source files and redownloaded everything. Compiles fine now :)

edit: r766 fails to load - just get a black screen with no wait logo, the drive sounds like it is recalibrating. Works fine with 756.

Get the exact same result with my compiled version and AbdallahTerro's one.

Just trying to boot up regular games, no neek xyz special stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now she knows a tenth percent of what I go through when you send me pms
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you