Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Made a tutorial for those who want to change the boot animation: http://gbatemp.net/t...boot-animation/
Hope u like it
:)
+1 for another tutorial man lol.
Now that wiiflow launches in Neek2o I'm not nearly as concerned about the conflicts between Wiiflow and the NAND.

A big thumbs up to Overjoy, Fix and stfour for my new favorite setup for e-NAND compatibility. Neekbooter launches PL4 which auto-boots Wiiflow in all of my NANDS. Or at least I'm about to set them up like this lol.
Looks like I might have to eat my words. Just been testing r593 for a few hours and not one black screen. Cache is reloading ok (although have not tested creation from scratch yet, which was a problem before) and gametdb is loading from the web ok again. No dumps at all so far.
Awesome.
As a huge bonus, DM 2.1 seems to be working MUCH better now and everything seems to be much more solid after some hours of testing.
Thanks devs - things are looking up for my setup now.
Haha really!? Let me ask, are you using Plugins & the source menu with you're setup? I'm still using r590, I already compiled 593 but haven't tested it yet, I'm going to have to retry my previous setup to see if it performs better with 590/593
EDIT: at the risk of sending Fix crazy, the BG music is busted again, but with all the other apparent stabilization I'm happy to go tuneless until he's ready to fix it again.

Yes, BG its busted again :P
By the way I have no issues with the BG music, but I also converted all of my mp3's to .ogg vorbis files since iirc Fix said that Wiiflow works better with .ogg files, currently using r590.
Can someone post r594 please?
It seems that r594 can read real MC for Devolution...
Compiled dol's are uploaded by the Dev's for testing, the fastest way to get new revs is to stop by the IRC channel #wiiflow on abjects.net otherwise you'll have to wait for a post.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen some people making source menu buttons to match particular themes, and was wondering is there a way to make it switch source menus when you switch themes, or can the buttons simply be incorporated into the themes folder? Also I've noticed that some wiiware in 4:3. It'd be nice to be able to force it to 16:9 the same as wii games.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just uploaded wiiflow r594:
http://www.mediafire...dt8ppc3yxpp1pxx
The option to disable memory card emulation should work perfectly now (at least for me the problems are all gone).
So in this version doesn't automatically change the words "NoDisk patch" to "Force Widescreen" when it detects DM v2.1 right?
That's okay, for now I can change it in the translation file.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've hosed something up royally.

I haven't updated wiiflow since before devolution came out. I haven't installed devolution yet. Basically, I haven't made any updates since the beginning of July, so I thought I'd go ahead and update everything.

Installed DIOS MIOS 2.1. Installed devolution. Installed R594 of wiiflow. Boot wiiflow ok. Click on any gamecube game, DSI crash. Downgrade to R590, same result. I figure "huh, maybe my old cache is incompatible." Deleted cache. Wiiflow DSI crashes on boot now. Removed loader.bin from wiiflow folder, still crashes on boot.

HALP!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnqn9d4swg0jg6n/IMG_20120717_200937.jpg

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention. Deleted everything in the settings folder as well. They don't get recreated on boot. Wiiflow crashes as soon as it tries to display boxes.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Delete the wiiflow.ini as well for better testing.
Forgot to mention. Deleted everything in the settings folder as well. They don't get recreated on boot. Wiiflow crashes as soon as it tries to display boxes.
wiiflow.ini is actually in the /apps/wiiflow/ folder so you still might not have deleted that one.

Reactions: 1 person

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried deleting wiiflow.ini as well as the usual cache and gameconfig1 and 2 but I am still having Wiiflow return to HBC when booting SSBB from USB. Any ideas?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Using carbonik-12 modes tested 594 both official and custom boot animation dols gives black screen when trying to load mario kart wii (cache and settings deleted before testing)
590 launched the game with no problems.
I'll test 597 now and report the result

Edit:597 black screened too :(
Edit 2: checked out rev 590 and compiled with new boot logo and all works fine again.
here are my test files best combo so far:
r590 with new boot logo: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?atc0twqf0ouna3q
carbonik 12 modes: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vr84cnvhupjljcr

Bram_Goudeseune

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone knows how to make the Wiiflow mod start with IOS 222 instead of 249? I already got this working for cfg but would really like to use Wiiflow, since my Lacie HDD only works with ios 222. I found older versions that start automatically in 222 but those versions don't incorporate emulators and all.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird problem. Anytime I try and start the homebrew channel from within wiiflow, its starts the hackmii installer, which hangs on its warning screen. Anyone else seen something like this?

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows how to make the Wiiflow mod start with IOS 222 instead of 249? I already got this working for cfg but would really like to use Wiiflow, since my Lacie HDD only works with ios 222. I found older versions that start automatically in 222 but those versions don't incorporate emulators and all.
It's funny that you mention this about 222 because last week or so I kept trying to compile it for 222 becausebI still had some old fowarder ISO for WiiWare and VC games on my FAT partition. a week ago, I changed the 249 to 222 in the makefile and it compiled ok but when I booted the dol, it would tell me to use either 249 or 250. Now since they've changed the code and added basic support for hermes and wanin cIOS in r593. Now the dol will boot but 222 still can't be chosen (for me anyway). Personally I don't really need it anymore because my WiiWare and VC games show up on the other USB partition (just not with the games like they used to) (which I like better anyway) .
So I will upload it so that you can try it but it didn't let me choose 222 as an option. But maybe your setup is different than mine so no promisses here ----
http://www.mediafire...mv5704y3551sg35

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying various intermediate releases up until and including the new r598 release from this morning.

I have deleted my wiiflow.ini and allowed WiiFlow to recreate it, I've replaced my themes/default.ini with the one from the svn.

I am running a 2TB USB formatted as a single FAT32 volume and loading app and wiiflow files from the USB. It is a pretty vanilla setup - I am not doing any NAND emulation - just straight running of the games from the hard disk.

I am (and have been for some time/releases) getting black screens when launching games - all games. I have tried changing video mode options from the default Game to System to NTSC and others and still get black screens.

I have been assuming that it has been just one set of broken releases after another but it seems that others have been getting these newer releases to work so I have to ask the question - is anyone else running a vanilla system like me?

Everything runs perfectly in r523 on the same hard disk. I can leave the video setting to System and all games run fine w/o having to change individual game settings. As things progressed from r523 I had to switch the default to Games to get things to run and then many games required changing the individual game options to System or NTSC to run correctly.

Last night I put r597 on a small flash drive with 25 games on it and it ran perfectly so I am wondering if there is some sort of memory corruption on my monster 2TB system with 1157 games.

Fix - is there any way I can help debug this on my big system? I would really like to use the new banner feature but since it is blackscreening on all games now I can't put it to use. TIA.

Edit: Ok, this is weird... for fun I decided to copy my apps/wiiflow and wiiflow/settings and wiiflow/themes folder from the small flash drive to my big 2TB drive and now it is working. I'm going to swap back the individual pieces and hopefully find what has been messing things up... stay tuned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh