Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
If you know how IRC works i suggest you come to #wiiflow on irc.abjects.net.

Most of the time there is someone that would like to help you with setting up.
One tip: after you have asked your question, don't expect to get an answer right away, please wait at least half an hour for a responce.
Ah....

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
I am really pulling my hair out here. I can get all my emulators working fine, snes, nes, gb, genesis, master system, and all display covers no problem. But movies are eluding me completely. movies are on usb1 in "movies" folder, and then in subfolders, and boxcovers are on "sd/wiiflow/boxcovers/mplayerce". paths are set in mplayerce.ini. Until recently the only problem I had was I could see the movies, but not covers, but now I cannot see either. I've tried moving everything to usb too, but that didn't help.

Can some kind soul please help, or I may just scream like a girl. TIA.

dawinsch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am really pulling my hair out here. I can get all my emulators working fine, snes, nes, gb, genesis, master system, and all display covers no problem. But movies are eluding me completely. movies are on usb1 in "movies" folder, and then in subfolders, and boxcovers are on "sd/wiiflow/boxcovers/mplayerce". paths are set in mplayerce.ini. Until recently the only problem I had was I could see the movies, but not covers, but now I cannot see either. I've tried moving everything to usb too, but that didn't help.

Try to put your movies into the movies folder without subfolders, that worksfine for me.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country

Try to put your movies into the movies folder without subfolders, that worksfine for me.

Thanks, but thing is, subfolders were working fine before, just not the covers. I'd really rather not move them out of the folders unless I really have to.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on sd card open the wiiflow folder .(not in apps). in the cover folder, make a folder an name it movies.(or what ever). in the plug in ini for mplayer. just put the name of the folder were it needs to be.( coverfolder=?name here?). i know i spent alsmost a whole week trying to get mine to show up. the image that finally worked for me was a 224x224. png. with the name of the movie+ format.
so lets say.. X men.divx. make sure the name matches the spelling of the movie.. like this.. xmen/ cover will be xmen.avi. or X men/ cover will be named the same way+.avi..
still would like to know how they got the bigger covers to show though..(masterjakeway/mastershoes) cause i can olny get 224x224 to show.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
on sd card open the wiiflow folder .(not in apps). in the cover folder, make a folder an name it movies.(or what ever). in the plug in ini for mplayer. just put the name of the folder were it needs to be.( coverfolder=?name here?). i know i spent alsmost a whole week trying to get mine to show up. the image that finally worked for me was a 224x224. png. with the name of the movie+ format.
so lets say.. X men.divx. make sure the name matches the spelling of the movie.. like this.. xmen/ cover will be xmen.avi. or X men/ cover will be named the same way+.avi..
still would like to know how they got the bigger covers to show though..(masterjakeway/mastershoes) cause i can olny get 224x224 to show.

Thanks shortz1994, will try resizing the covers when my daughter finishes playing snes games, but the more pressing problem at the moment is that I can no longer get the movies to show at all, with or without covers.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks shortz1994, will try resizing the covers when my daughter finishes playing snes games, but the more pressing problem at the moment is that I can no longer get the movies to show at all, with or without covers.
may need to press 'b' on config icon while in movie mode to refresh the cache or

go to you wiiflow/cache/lists folder and delete you mplayer list or

delete categories.ini and/or wiiflow.ini - but back them up first in case you have things setup to your liking. Wiiflow will remake fresh ones.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country

may need to press 'b' on config icon while in movie mode to refresh the cache or

delete categories.ini and/or wiiflow.ini - but back them up first in case you have things setup to your liking. Wiiflow will remake fresh ones.

Yeah, thanks, thought I'd done that already, but lo and behold it worked. Am I thick or what (rhetorical question :-) ). Now just have to try shortz suggestion regarding resizing the covers, cos I checked, and the ones I have are huuuuuge!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, thanks, thought I'd done that already, but lo and behold it worked. Am I thick or what (rhetorical question :-) ). Now just have to try shortz suggestion regarding resizing the covers, cos I checked, and the ones I have are huuuuuge!
if you need i have some covers already done. with the correct size.though you might need to change the extensions.but at least it's a start. all the hard stuff is done. can't find these covers on spiffy. ( their dvd covers are very limited..).
http://www.mediafire.com/?yt2dv9dx0taqj9x

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you have to have Master in your name :P in all seriousness, i just put them in a folder in boxcovers pointed the ini there and resized them to 1090 x 680. Oh, with the matching name of course!. They look awesome like that! Not sure which flow is best yet though...

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep seeing this problem come up, and I don't know why others are having this issue. I have my movie covers set up the same way as emu covers, 1090x680, with the filename+extension+png and they show up just fine. Movies are in subfolders and everything works.

While we're on the subject of covers, I've been having problems with cross platform game covers showing up correctly. I have mortal kombat for genesis and snes, but the snes covers show up in genesis mode. My covers are separated. Even with all games zipped, it should follow the specified cover folder path. I tried putting an extra space in the game/cover name, and that worked. Guess I'll just have to do that for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work