Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is r304 still the latest source for wiiflow we have? I would love to see wiiflow get updated to support d2x with reload blocking and new return to feature.
cool.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
I would love to see wiiflow get updated to support d2x with reload blocking and new return to feature.
cool.gif
+1....i too am a wiiflow user who doesn't want to have to switch to the 'less esthetically pleasing but currently more functional' cfg to have d2x compatibility....

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Is r304 still the latest source for wiiflow we have? I would love to see wiiflow get updated to support d2x with reload blocking and new return to feature.
cool.gif

Agreed. With all the exciting developments occurring with d2x, I regretfully had to switch from wiiflow to CFG and I won't go back until IOS reload block is added to wiiflow. I'm hoping that someone with coding skills can make a quick mod to the source to include this feature.

I'm going to study the CFG code and see where the IOS Reload code is inserted as that would be helpful for adding it to wiiflow.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xfcrowman said:
Skater4599 said:
cool.gif

Agreed. With all the exciting developments occurring with d2x, I regretfully had to switch from wiiflow to CFG and I won't go back until IOS reload block is added to wiiflow. I'm hoping that someone with coding skills can make a quick mod to the source to include this feature.

I'm going to study the CFG code and see where the IOS Reload code is inserted as that would be helpful for adding it to wiiflow.
Well, maybe you can do it together with Pakatus (a member of the wiiflow team), he said he wants to look into it as well.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A quick mod for cover download, ios reload blocking etc. would be really really great.
Btw. there is also a developer description in the d2x thread (1st post).

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
papermanzero said:
A quick mod for cover download, ios reload blocking etc. would be really really great.

Cool - I'll take a look at that and I'll also contact Pakatus to see if he's made any progress. I've made small modifications to wiiflow and other apps in the past, so with luck we can get this working.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, Wiiflow updates. The kids get into so much trouble using CFG. The button assignments in CFG jump around the menus something awful and it looks horrible in comparison.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please PLEASE!!! update wiiflow, this is the only loader i let my son use. it's the easiest for him. i use cfg. be nice to get everything back working on wiiflow.. an blow gx an cfg out of the water.lol...
cool.gif

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xfcrowman said:
papermanzero said:

Cool - I'll take a look at that and I'll also contact Pakatus to see if he's made any progress. I've made small modifications to wiiflow and other apps in the past, so with luck we can get this working.

Sounds fantastic.
I would do it myself, but as usual to little time. -___-

berbere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I tried to modify WiiFlow to make use of the "IOS Reload Block" feature from cIOSX rev21 d2x.
My setup is as follows:
- Wii 4.2E;
- Forwarder WiiFlow channel;
- External HDD;
- WiiFlow on a FAT partition. This is where the boot.dol test file goes. It is compiled to use cIOSX at slot 249;
- My backup copy of Wii Sports Resort on a WBFS partition;
- cIOSX rev21 d2x v5, base 56, on slot 249.

I knew NeoGamma R9beta49 worked with d2x so I searched its source and found out where the call to block IOS reload was. Then I searched for a similar spot on the WiiFlow source and inserted the necessary code there.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
sad.gif

I debugged the code and saw that it was executed like it should but the end result is always a "Go to System Menu" when trying to see the Introduction Video. In NeoGamma it loads the video and returns to the game in the end.

I must be missing something, maybe the code is supposed to go on a different place, maybe something else - I don't know.

Anybody want to help?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this laptop from this church im helping build a website for, so after i get some framing of the site done ill DL the r346 source and add in those patches ASAP. I'm still here, just broke and trying to make some money to get a place to live for my family. WiiFlow just doesnt pay me anything so I have to work on generating income, lol I think I have gotten mb $15 in donations since I said I might not be working on this much due to lack of a home. I guess all the pirates arent even willing to donate to a great loader to play all the games they steal off of the net. If half of the 1.5 million+ wiiflow users sent us even a measly $10 for the 100 hours a week I was putting into wiiflow we could afford to work on wiiflow for years to come, but we need paying jobs for a bit instead.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ohmy.gif

Ouch...sorry to hear that, man.

*empties paypal account*

Hmm30 euros may not be that much (I hope paypal knows how to handle the conversion thing)...but it's better than nothing.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$ sent, not much, but it's what I can give right now. Hopefully others will do the same. I know I have gotten a LOT of use out of this program, and would like to help you the best I can.

Here is that link again to the development team:
WiiFlow Team

Thanks again Miigotu!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
I've been using this laptop from this church im helping build a website for, so after i get some framing of the site done ill DL the r346 source and add in those patches ASAP. I'm still here, just broke and trying to make some money to get a place to live for my family. WiiFlow just doesnt pay me anything so I have to work on generating income, lol I think I have gotten mb $15 in donations since I said I might not be working on this much due to lack of a home. I guess all the pirates arent even willing to donate to a great loader to play all the games they steal off of the net. If half of the 1.5 million+ wiiflow users sent us even a measly $10 for the 100 hours a week I was putting into wiiflow we could afford to work on wiiflow for years to come, but we need paying jobs for a bit instead.

Sent both you and r-win $10 each.

I know its not much but something is better then nothing.

Enjoy.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Miigotu - Im sorry to hear that man, I'll see what i can do and see if i can't donate some for you as well. I personally know (From all the time i talked with you on IRC) you have spent a shit ton of hours coding wiiflow for free, you and r-win both deserve donations.

@berbere - Can you PM me your source? (Actually I think its best if we donate to/wait for miigotu since we dont have the latest source to wiiflow, we only have up to r304) I guess its a moot point anymore since miigotu would know how to do it in like 15 min with all new d2x patches and proper detection of the cios/base etc. but I had started a similar thing... Didnt have time to get to far. But i think you may be better off looking at CFG source, I've never looked at neogamma source actually, but i know CFG has similarity's to wiiflow inner workings.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:

Hi man, sorry to hear that you were not able to get your life back on track yet, if i could miss the money i would donate some for sure, but at the moment i'm still paying a dept to my father for repairs on my car, as soon as i can i will donate some money. Hope you get things in order soon...

berbere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
@berbere - Can you PM me your source? (Actually I think its best if we donate to/wait for miigotu since we dont have the latest source to wiiflow, we only have up to r304) I guess its a moot point anymore since miigotu would know how to do it in like 15 min with all new d2x patches and proper detection of the cios/base etc. but I had started a similar thing... Didnt have time to get to far. But i think you may be better off looking at CFG source, I've never looked at neogamma source actually, but i know CFG has similarity's to wiiflow inner workings.

I agree with you. Better to have a real WiiFlow programmer doing this. I was just giving it a shot, knowing the programmers were going through hard times in their lives, and had no time for this.

Oh, and I looked at the CFG source too.
wink.gif

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
@berbere - Can you PM me your source?
What do we have here? Is this the same person that complained every time (figuratively) I asked for source?

anyway, warez is srs bsns
100 hours a week, damn. Let's do some maths. There are 168 hours in a week, he spends 100 of it working on his project, that leaves 68 hours. Let's say he sleeps 9 hours a night. per day that's (168-100-7*9)/7*60=42.9... That means he spends less than 43 minutes a day doing something other than working on wiiflow or sleeping. SRS BSNS

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega191 said:
Skater4599 said:
@berbere - Can you PM me your source?
What do we have here? Is this the same person that complained every time (figuratively) I asked for source?

anyway, warez is srs bsns
100 hours a week, damn. Let's do some maths. There are 168 hours in a week, he spends 100 of it working on his project, that leaves 68 hours. Let's say he sleeps 9 hours a night. per day that's (168-100-7*9)/7*60=42.9... That means he spends less than 43 minutes a day doing something other than working on wiiflow or sleeping. SRS BSNS

All I have to say is LOL... Here's the difference between me and you. Someone was trying to help by adding some changes into wiiflow, and asked for help, so unlike anything you have ever done I OFFERED TO TRY AND HELP. I did not come on trollin in threatening to get wiiflow taken down cause he didn't want to post his source code hahah. Don't worry im sure its not your fault you can't read, right.

As far as your math equation bullshit w/e kindergarten trash you posted above, its not worth my time to even bother reading, much less bother with a reply.

Why you insist on trolling/starting more shit in other threads is beyond me. Especially when w/e point you tried to come up any moron can see how far you had to reach to come up with that one... LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game