Fusio9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Some update on the IRC channel would be great
tongue.gif

EDIT: what's the official channel ? the one on freenode or on abjects (as stated on the google code page) ?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
panmusic said:
?es,this is really annoying.This is the first glitched Wiiflow release...
I wonder,how soon can we expect a fix version?

That's why a beta tester team is needed, wiiflow should only be released when it is tested properly

While i agree with your statement, if you read the google code page (link on the first post) it says on the front the current stable release is R25 and to feel free to TEST out the newest revisions for bugs.

Perhaps the devs want a beta test team, i for one would be willing to test new releases for bugs
smile.gif

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick (I hope) question. I'm trying to help a friend with his Wii and I have been promoting WiiFlow. He's got a WD My Book Essential Edition, 1 TB. Sometimes when putting games onto his HDD instead of going down from 5 minutes, it can take up to nearly an hour, and when connecting to the Wii it gets choppy, it'll go smooth for a couple seconds (for example, intro to Wario Shake Dimension), then it'll stop for a second, the light on the Wii will flash, then it'll go another couple seconds, stop, flash, etc. It also did this behavior on my Wii, and my HDD works fine on his Wii. To me it sounds like it's going to sleep, but I haven't been able to find a way to disable that. I've looked through the software that came with the HDD, but nothing that's actually to change the settings of it. I suppose this might not have been the correct topic, but I'm not really sure where to go with this. Any suggestions, or where I should post this to get help? Thanks!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a wii i put wiiflow on with that same WD 1TB HDD and i had similar problems, most the time it would'nt even start wiiflow it would reload back to main menu unless i loaded it off the SD card, I believe it has somthing to do with the CDF partition WD snuck into the drives, i found a program on there website that disables it, and it helped but still had some problems, we ended up having to use an SD card full time in tandom with the drive. Needless to say i will never buy a WD drive for a wii again lol

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
I had a wii i put wiiflow on with that same WD 1TB HDD and i had similar problems, most the time it would'nt even start wiiflow it would reload back to main menu unless i loaded it off the SD card, I believe it has somthing to do with the CDF partition WD snuck into the drives, i found a program on there website that disables it, and it helped but still had some problems, we ended up having to use an SD card full time in tandom with the drive. Needless to say i will never buy a WD drive for a wii again lol

Did you try running if of ios222 globally instead of ios249?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Skater4599 said:

Did you try running if of ios222 globally instead of ios249?

Yes i tried both 222 and 249 versions, for some reason the 249 version loaded faster but both worked with the SD fix, its not mine, i use a seagate drive, but i have to say the seagate drive is MUCH faster loading/playing games and gets woke up properly. Maybe its just coincidence but take it for what its worth just thought id share
smile.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The last Wd hard drive i setup for someone had issues like that.
I set it up to run everything off the hard drive.Partition 1 was fat32 and partition 2 was wbfs.I tried both 22 and 249 and both had same results.

Whats weird though is that only happens on the other guys wii.I tried using the hard drive on my wii and the first few times trying to load it through the forwarder channel it would restart but then i turned the wii off and the HD off and then retried it all again and every time since then it would load wiiflow the first time every time.I gave the hard drive back to the guy and it requires wiiflow to be started twice before working.

Both wiis are set up identical.Both updated to 4.2 and hacked using the same methods with the same cios installed.Also running wiiflow from 249 would lock up wiiflow for him a lot.Switched to 222 and it works perfect now with no lockups at all while mine runs on 249 with no issues.Only difference is im using a maxtor hard drive.

I think it's his hard drive causing the issue because of some WD software that will not go away from the drive even after formatting.

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
aye. for all of my wiiware forwarders, they're just the 2d covers but stretched around the whole 3d box, which is odd.
Thanks to Kallstar in the following Triiforce MRC thread, a full wiiware (NTSC) cover set has been created that fixes this problem. A static side seam and back cover have been appended to all wiiware front covers, so that they get stretched and display properly in wiiflow.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184568&st=450

Direct download link for full wiiware (ntsc) cover set to work in wiiflow (copied from kallstars post):

(2d Full-Quick Conversion Pack 512x340 NTSC-U Wiiware Icon Pack 2010.01.18.rar

(Please note the new "Full-Quick" conversion pack is 512x340 instead of 1024x680. Theres two reasons for this, 1) it loads MUCH much faster than the larger covers and 2) its simply my small icons stretched out behind a template so there will be no quality gain going to the larger size.

Hope this helps!

SwansonE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emg said:
uberbdon said:
aye. for all of my wiiware forwarders, they're just the 2d covers but stretched around the whole 3d box, which is odd.
Thanks to Kallstar in the following Triiforce MRC thread, a full wiiware (NTSC) cover set has been created that fixes this problem. A static side seam and back cover have been appended to all wiiware front covers, so that they get stretched and display properly in wiiflow.

Direct download link for full wiiware (ntsc) cover set to work in wiiflow (copied from kallstars post):

(Please note the new "Full-Quick" conversion pack is 512x340 instead of 1024x680. Theres two reasons for this, 1) it loads MUCH much faster than the larger covers and 2) its simply my small icons stretched out behind a template so there will be no quality gain going to the larger size.

Hope this helps!

Woah, wait. I can launch Wiiware games via WiiFlow? How does one pull that off?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SwansonE said:
emg said:
uberbdon said:

Hope this helps!

Not realy, sorry...it's just an Forwarder-ISO that loads your WiiWare/VC from your SDCard/HD, using Triiforce (the ISO works with every USB-Loader, btw). So, some games won't work, and you would have to create an ISO for every game, and install the game on the SD and install the ISO, etc...it's too much work for nothing, in my opinion...

SwansonE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Not realy, sorry...it's just an Forwarder-ISO that loads your WiiWare/VC from your SDCard/HD, using Triiforce (the ISO works with every USB-Loader, btw). So, some games won't work, and you would have to create an ISO for every game, and install the game on the SD and install the ISO, etc...it's too much work for nothing, in my opinion...
Ah, I see. Seems like too much of a hassle then. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not that bad with the packs available for download. I had everything working in USB Loader GX in under 30 minutes. I prefer to use SNEEK2 to load Wiiware though. Its easier and much cleaner.

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SwansonE said:
Yes, you can. If you look in that thread, Kallstar has made a .iso for every ntsc wiiware game that you can install with wbfs manager. All wiiware games show up in wiiflow, with full covers, and grouped together since they are titled WW-.

The iso launches the game via triiforce in the background, which you never see. It's quite nice.

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
All of the work has already been done. You can download the complete iso packs from Kallstar.

Look at his post in the following thread:

8th post down

"The old forwarders are now history...."

SwansonE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emg said:
Blue-K said:
All of the work has already been done. You can download the complete iso packs from Kallstar.

Look at his post in the following thread:

8th post down

"The old forwarders are now history...."

Ah thanks. I got the the WiiWare ISOs on my WBFS partition, and the forwarders in my SD card. Loading the WiiWare through WiiFlow threw an error for me. From my understanding it will only load WiiWare from NAND dumps and not from the NAND on my Wii?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has been asked before but i cant seem to get it to work, ive spent some time attempting. Is there a way to have wiiflow find the cover off sd or usb so i can put my own covers in wiiflow that are not on wiitdb.com?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
I know this has been asked before but i cant seem to get it to work, ive spent some time attempting. Is there a way to have wiiflow find the cover off sd or usb so i can put my own covers in wiiflow that are not on wiitdb.com?

Just stick your covers in the same folder that wiitdb uses to download covers to.
As long as your covers are correctly named they will show up fine.

usb:\wiiflow\boxcovers
usb:\wiiflow\covers

or

sd:\wiiflow\boxcovers
sd:\wiiflow\covers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the baker appears
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so i signed up for a library takeout box a few weeks ago, and a couple weeks ago i got the takeout box
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    now stick with me
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i got a small bag of fritos, a tea bag of earl gray, a sticker of pixelated pepe the frog, a blue pair of sunglasses, and 2 books
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teabag the fritos
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    one was a book called gone which is about everyone 15 or older suddenly fucking disappearing, and the other was fucking delicious in dungeon/dungeon meshi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will try making one of the recipes from it, substituting the dungeon/fantasy ingredients for real world equivalents (like replacing basilisk with chicken)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No substituting allowed.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Biden drools, Trump grabs them by the pussy.... Ughh lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Felon VS Meth overlord who will win
    My date tonight has 34 H boobs 🥰
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden trips walking on stage rush to hospital Trump sneakingly lays Legos around Biden potum
    Lol I want them to play board games against each other
    Checkers, Monopoly, connect four lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No matter, afterwards Trump will claim he won, and Biden won't even remember what happened or who he is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Company Secret flavoring
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kfc did it must be the 11th spice
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Kfc did it must be the 11th spice