Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

hitori kuroi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used the package of 222 posted on the Wiiflow site and it works perfect except for the fact that you have to plug in the hdd every time and its so annoying....

so i downloaded the beta version on this post and it woke it up on entry but my games hang i know a little so im not a total noob but i dont have a clue how this can be related..

the games hang on hermes 222 on the beta version more specifically the sakura wars one

4.1u

with every thing on pimp my wii

mounting games from a skandisk

help would be most appreciated

im at a loss...

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues with the channel loaders. If I have wiiflow setup to load at start-up (by-passing the system menu when I turn the wii on) the official ones will not load, just simply reboot the wii. If I boot to the system menu and load wiiflow using the forwarder, they work. I'm not sure if this is just how it works, or if i'm doing something wrong. I have used the "modify any wii 4.2" tutorial to get everything up to date. What other things should I take a look at?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
hitori kuroi said:
i used the package of 222 posted on the Wiiflow site and it works perfect except for the fact that you have to plug in the hdd every time and its so annoying....

so i downloaded the beta version on this post and it woke it up on entry but my games hang i know a little so im not a total noob but i dont have a clue how this can be related..

the games hang on hermes 222 on the beta version more specifically the sakura wars one
WiiFlow is not designed to run games on a usb stick, it is designed to be ran on a HDD. Most likely its hanging on trying to read from the stick and thr stick is too slow.
222 is also slower than 249, so if possible try install ciosx r19 with base 38 and running the latest 249 version of wiiflow.

QUOTE(hybridLearner @ Jun 26 2010, 12:13 PM) I'm having some issues with the channel loaders. If I have wiiflow setup to load at start-up (by-passing the system menu when I turn the wii on) the official ones will not load, just simply reboot the wii. If I boot to the system menu and load wiiflow using the forwarder, they work. I'm not sure if this is just how it works, or if i'm doing something wrong. I have used the "modify any wii 4.2" tutorial to get everything up to date. What other things should I take a look at?
Hmm, this may be useful information you have provided here. We are well aware of an issue with loading channels, but we couldnt track it down. r-win is planning on rewriting the channel loading entirely for other reasons but that should fix this issue.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Gassy said:
Is there some documentation somewhere on how to use WiiFlow with FAT?

Thanks,
Gassy
http://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki/

just format your whole drive to fat32 using Wii Backup Manager, and add your games to it with Wii Backup Manager. Then you can put everything from your SD card onto the hard drive too. After that, make a new fresh install of WiiFlow by deleting anything in usb:/apps/wiiflow, usb:/wiiflow, sd:/apps/wiiflow, and sd:/wiiflow and getting the 2.0 download or the beta dols on irc and put them in your HDD. Start wiiflow and dl the covers and titles and GG.

recommend using wiiflow 249 version and cios 249 rev 19 with 38 as base.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:
hybridLearner said:
I'm having some issues with the channel loaders. If I have wiiflow setup to load at start-up (by-passing the system menu when I turn the wii on) the official ones will not load, just simply reboot the wii. If I boot to the system menu and load wiiflow using the forwarder, they work. I'm not sure if this is just how it works, or if i'm doing something wrong. I have used the "modify any wii 4.2" tutorial to get everything up to date. What other things should I take a look at?
Hmm, this may be useful information you have provided here. We are well aware of an issue with loading channels, but we couldnt track it down. r-win is planning on rewriting the channel loading entirely for other reasons but that should fix this issue.
MMM, i don't think so, i use the same setup and Cios rev19 249.
Don't have that problem i think, gonna test it tonight and let you know. I will include a syslog file of the IOSes i have installed.

Edit: For the full picture - Also used a "modify any wii 4.2" tutorial from wiihacks, after that updated my wii with pimpmywii (i know, don't use that anymore).

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
Gassy said:
Is there some documentation somewhere on how to use WiiFlow with FAT?

Thanks,
Gassy
http://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki/

just format your whole drive to fat32 using Wii Backup Manager, and add your games to it with Wii Backup Manager. Then you can put everything from your SD card onto the hard drive too. After that, make a new fresh install of WiiFlow by deleting anything in usb:/apps/wiiflow, usb:/wiiflow, sd:/apps/wiiflow, and sd:/wiiflow and getting the 2.0 download or the beta dols on irc and put them in your HDD. Start wiiflow and dl the covers and titles and GG.

recommend using wiiflow 249 version and cios 249 rev 19 with 38 as base.

Now, this might not be a problem any more, but I seem to recall with Monster Hunter Tri, to play online you needed to have 249 installed as base 37. Am I wrong on that? Did it get fixed? Or is it just recommended for the general populace to use base 38, while if you really want to play MHT online you can install as 37? Thanks!

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schroder08 said:
Now, this might not be a problem any more, but I seem to recall with Monster Hunter Tri, to play online you needed to have 249 installed as base 37. Am I wrong on that? Did it get fixed? Or is it just recommended for the general populace to use base 38, while if you really want to play MHT online you can install as 37? Thanks!

Monster hunter tri will run with any cIOS that uses IOS37 as a base. With wiiflow, you can use waninkoko's cios rev19 with a 37 base, or hermes 223 with a 37 base. The game freezes up in any loader if you use a cios that has a 38 base.

So long story short, use IOS223 or wani's rev19 with a 37 base.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xfcrowman said:
schroder08 said:

Monster hunter tri will run with any cIOS that uses IOS37 as a base. With wiiflow, you can use waninkoko's cios rev19 with a 37 base, or hermes 223 with a 37 base. The game freezes up in any loader if you use a cios that has a 38 base.

Exactly,

We recommend installing Waninkoko ciosx 249 rev19 with a 37 base into slot 250 (using a wad), or use Hermes rev5 with base 37 installed into 222 or 223. You can choose which IOS the game should use, so for MH3 you have to specify another IOS.

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Theme to update for :

CODE[SYSTEM/VER_SELECT_BTN]
background_texture=
color=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
font=
font_line_height=
font_size=
height=
style=
width=
x=
y=

[SYSTEM/VER_SELECT_MINUS]
click_sound=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
height=
hover_sound=
texture_normal=
texture_selected=
width=
x=
y=

[SYSTEM/VER_SELECT_PLUS]
click_sound=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
height=
hover_sound=
texture_normal=
texture_selected=
width=
x=
y=

[SYSTEM/IOS_SELECT_BTN]
background_texture=
color=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
font=
font_line_height=
font_size=
height=
style=
width=
x=
y=

[SYSTEM/IOS_SELECT_MINUS]
click_sound=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
height=
hover_sound=
texture_normal=
texture_selected=
width=
x=
y=

[SYSTEM/IOS_SELECT_PLUS]
click_sound=
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
height=
hover_sound=
texture_normal=
texture_selected=
width=
x=
y=

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
mugotu said:
hybridLearner said:

Don't have that problem i think, gonna test it tonight and let you know. I will include a syslog file of the IOSes i have installed.

Edit: For the full picture - Also used a "modify any wii 4.2" tutorial from wiihacks, after that updated my wii with pimpmywii (i know, don't use that anymore).
I was wrong, if i bypass the system menu i can only start homebrew channels
CODE
sysCheck v1.6.1 by Erik Spyder

Region: PAL
The system menu v482 is running under IOS36 (rev 3351)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 72233482
Boot2 v4
Found 96 titles
Found 28 IOS on this console
Found 10 IOS Stubs on this console

IOS (revision)
IOS4 (rev 65280)
IOS9 (rev 778)
IOS10 (rev 768)
IOS11 (rev 256)
IOS12 (rev 269)
IOS13 (rev 273)
IOS14 (rev 520)
IOS15 (rev 523)
IOS16 (rev 512)
IOS17 (rev 775)
IOS20 (rev 256)
IOS21 (rev 782)
IOS22 (rev 1037)
IOS28 (rev 1550)
IOS30 (rev 2816)
IOS31 (rev 3349)
IOS33 (rev 3091)
IOS34 (rev 3348)
IOS35 (rev 3349)
IOS36 (rev 3351)
IOS37 (rev 3869)
IOS38 (rev 3867)
IOS50 (rev 5120)
IOS51 (rev 4864)
IOS53 (rev 5406)
IOS55 (rev 5406)
IOS56 (rev 5405)
IOS57 (rev 5661)
IOS60 (rev 6400)
IOS61 (rev 5405)
IOS70 (rev 6687)
IOS202 (rev 65535)
IOS222 (rev 65535)
IOS223 (rev 65535)
IOS224 (rev 65535)
IOS249 (rev 17)
IOS250 (rev 65535)
IOS254 (rev 31338)

Report generated on 2010/06/21

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
win32rcbot said:
Does this also solve the "prince of persia the forgotten sands launch problem", the most difficult game for usb loader to launch ?

No. To play PoP Forgotten Sands, you have to set the options "disable return to" to ON and "disable dvd patch" to OFF in the game specific settings. Then you can use any cIOS to play it. Personally, I use hermes cIOS 222 v5.1 with base 38 to play this game, but waninkoko's cIOS will also work.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
Etheboss said:
mugotu said:
hybridLearner said:

We have a pattern here, what version of priiloader do you have?

Seems something is different in memory that the channels dont like if you autoboot into something other than sysmenu that would have to be patched. The good neews is this whole feature is going to be rewritten soon which makes this a null issue.

Also, EtheBoss, DOP-Mii generates a much more useful report, just an fyi.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:
Etheboss said:
Etheboss said:
mugotu said:
hybridLearner said:

We have a pattern here, what version of priiloader do you have?

Seems something is different in memory that the channels dont like if you autoboot into something other than sysmenu that would have to be patched. The good neews is this whole feature is going to be rewritten soon which makes this a null issue.

Also, EtheBoss, DOP-Mii generates a much more useful report, just an fyi.

Priiloader version 0.4 Rev.78 (latest a.f.a.i.k.)
Would you like a DOP-Mii report then??? (btw. I left stuff out of the report, only showed you the iso versions.)

Edit: just saw i am a bit behind, i am gonna try a new Priiloader rev. soon.
Edit 2: Found out i have the latest downloadable version from the google website..

robink93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have obviously missed something, but wiiflow freezes when downloading covers
mellow.gif

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
xfcrowman said:
schroder08 said:

Exactly,

We recommend installing Waninkoko ciosx 249 rev19 with a 37 base into slot 250 (using a wad), or use Hermes rev5 with base 37 installed into 222 or 223. You can choose which IOS the game should use, so for MH3 you have to specify another IOS.

Okay, now I've been searching and I just want to make sure that this is accurate... If I install cIOS base 38, then use bluedump to dump the 249 to a wad, remove 249/250, reinstall base 37, remove 249 and install the base 38 249 from wad, that would get me to where you guys recommend? Thanks for your patience with me, and thanks for continuing to keep this fantastic program alive!

edit: had it backwards, whoops!

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
schroder08 said:
Okay, now I've been searching and I just want to make sure that this is accurate... If I install cIOS base 38, then use bluedump to dump the 249 to a wad, remove 249/250, reinstall base 37, remove 249 and install the base 38 249 from wad, that would get me to where you guys recommend? Thanks for your patience with me, and thanks for continuing to keep this fantastic program alive!

You seem to be making it way over complicated, you basically want to install Wanin's IOS 249r19 in to slot 249 with base 38, and do another install to slot 250 with base 37. All my installs were done using the Network, I guess using a wad makes it quicker, but it doesn't take that long anyway, I'm sure someone will correct me if there's another reason for using a wad over downloading them other than time.

Once they are done change the game you are having issues with to use IOS 250 and you should be good to go.

Plasma

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.:Plasma:. said:
schroder08 said:

You seem to be making it way over complicated, you basically want to install Wanin's IOS 249r19 in to slot 249 with base 38, and do another install to slot 250 with base 37. All my installs were done using the Network, I guess using a wad makes it quicker, but it doesn't take that long anyway, I'm sure someone will correct me if there's another reason for using a wad over downloading them other than time.

Once they are done change the game you are having issues with to use IOS 250 and you should be good to go.

Plasma

Ok, when I've installed 249r19 I don't recall an option to select what 250 should be. I only remember their being the option to select what base overall, which is why I'd be going the long route I outlined.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...