Homebrew WiiDoom 0.4.5 Released

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's running under SDL, the hard work is already done thanks to timidity. Just hack the mixer to read from a memory buffer instead of a file to fix the external file requirement.

If this is possible, it would really be great to get the game music incorporated back into WiiDoom, but in general WiiDoom works very well. Took me a while to figure out how to properly load a doom.wad and other .wad files that were over 4 character's long (I needed to edit them to 4 characters, as well pwads need to be in a separate directory and I editted to 4 chrs as well for good measure, would have been good if that directory had already been there, but empty). As well the original doom1.wad (I assume the Shareware wad) would just crash WiiDoom in my environment, so I had to delete it. But after that, it worked well, on my 4.1 IOS modded Wii's .

If we could get the music going it would make WiiDoom really rock en! While your playing :) It would give you that "full game" feel.

Oh question, because it's been a while since I have played dos Doom in general (like 10 years!), did Doom have a jump button ? Some of the wads that I am playing look like I need to jump in parts of the level, but I just can't remember if Doom ever had a jump capability. Using the Wiimote as the control device is well, amazing. It's SOOO much better than the traditional keyboard keys that we are more used to in traditional Doom. Good job on that modification, it really brings this game to life.

IMO, because of the large number of custom user created .wad levels in Doom, it's a better product then DukeNukem from a community point of view, as I don't think DukeNukem had custom wad files like Doom always had. At least not that I saw.

Oh, does WiiDoom have multiuser ability ? That might be amazingly cool and would drive WiiDoom to legendary usage! I bet 3/4's the work has already been done using some other SDK, but I am not a programmer, so I really have no idea (: Unsure if we could tie into online usage of Doom like in Doomseeker (which would be amazing as there are tonnes of Doom servers there) or ZDoom. If WiiDoom went online, to generic Doom servers, well... the experience would be amazing for all. I am sure the Community congrats would be increadable. Unsure if that code could be pulled from somewhere else, like ZDooom for example.

Great Product, good job OAriakoO , kudos

(I understand that this thread is over two years old.... but hey, I don't care, this is an amazing product)

FullMetalEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone port his doom/hexen/heretic to use USB IOS58?!? They still have the old code looking at IOS202 for USB which is pretty much dead
They just crash if you try to run them these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb