Hacking WiiD for me :-D

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've FINALLY figured out what mod chip I want to get. I think I want to get the WiiD. It has every feature known on a mod chip for the Wii, and is supposed to work. I haven't read any problems whatsoever about the WiiD. The 4 mod chips I was planning on getting each have some probs except for WiiD. Wiikey has the audio fix problem, and the fact there may never be an update. The Cyclowiz has the problem where the drive doesn't read at 6x. I don't know if this has been fixed, but I don't want to take any chances. Even if it has been fixed, maybe there will still be some probs. I don't know, but it's possible. And open source chips I have to build. I want the OpenWii because the others aren't upgradeable via DVD or aren't popular and I only found 1 store where i can get the OpenWii, and it doesn't look the most reliable. The WiiD on the other hand has working audio fix, runs the DVD drive at 6x, is upgradeable via DVD, has been updated, and you can get it at many mod stores. I found a modder that lives maybe 30-45 minutes away from me that's willing to flash my 360 and mod my Wii for $80 alltogether, though i have to provide the mod chip. Does anyone know of a reliable store where I can order the WiiD from? Thanks

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
WiiD is just Wiinja Deluxe on a PCB. The lamers at Divineo even ripped off his config/update discs. I know for a fact he is trying hard to keep future updates from running on WiiD so, if you really want those features, you should probably go with the original Wiinja Deluxe.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As xiaNiax said, Wiid rips off Wiinja.

So either get Wiinja, but I still recommend an open-source modchip like OpenWii with ATMEGA8L chip.

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the Wiinja was supposed to suck major @$$. I just looked at their web site, and they have like the same exact features as WiiD. I don't get what the differnece is lol. Does Audio Fix work on Wiinja Deluxe? That's the only reason I'm opting to not go with Wiikey because of the horrible audio fix.

EDIT: I just looked at their web site. It says they stopped producing Wiinja V2s. Does that mean they also stopped producing Wiinja Deluxes? I don't want to buy a mod chip that isn't manufactured anymore. They are like the only Wii mod chip site that has updated their site in June. No one else has besides maybe Wiikey, but that doesn't count.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiinja v2 was not regionfree, they stopped production for it.

now they only create wiinja deluxe chips because it has all the features possible.

and wiinja has had working audiofix from day 1. I had wiinja v1, v2 and now deluxe, all working perfect with audiofix
biggrin.gif

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know which games have the audio fix problem. I am going to be playing GC games. And if you're trying to convince me to get the Wiikey, it's not going to work. I'm not interested at ALL. Thanks.

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I though about getting a Wii D, I cant see future Wiinja Deluxe not running on WiiD though...

Guys those of you suggesting the Wiikey, (dont know if your joking) but please dont recommend it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: