Wii64 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by beegee7730, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    It was included in earlier versions of HBC, and no, I didn't pay for it, I downloaded it from the official site, look it up. What was include was an early alpha release, hell I didn't even knew Wii64 existed till I saw it in HBC magically appears.

I don't pay for Wii, 360, DS and PSP games, why would I pay for a homebrew.

2. smk

smk Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2007
    United States
    Tried a few more games shown as Blue on the compatibility list and... here are the results:

Snowboard Kids 2's menus with the characters or anything 3D are just blacked out with perfect audio. The character select screen only shows the 1P icon and then the rest is black. I didn't try to play because I figured that if I went into the 3D HUB, it'd freeze or all of it would just be black as well. So, this is definitely NOT playable (especially with the opening to the game before the title screen, it flickers between black and showing what's going on constantly).

I tried the prequel, Snowboard Kids, and this one is actually playable. Choppy audio aside, and maybe a little bit slower than normal framerate, it is very playable and enjoyable. Kudos!

Mario Party freezes if you try to start an adventure (going through the pipe in the HUB). Definitely shouldn't be blue.

Mario Party 2 freezes right before you can start a board game AND much like SBK2, is black except for 2D icons and a flickering Toad. Definitely not playable.

As I said earlier 007 WINE has no audio and the gun sprite is not there.

All that said, the only two games I can play with this are SSB64 and SBK for now (which I am happy with). Though, in Beta 2, I hope to see MP, MP2, SBK2, and WINE working 100% perfectly because SBK2 > SBK by a long shot.

Just thought that people should know about these games before trying them.

3. Yyhhggtt

Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2009
    Canada
    In my Wii at Saskatchewan.
    Any way 2 fix the menu over layering in perfect dark? I have to guess where the settings are...

4. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    There was (is?) a pack of homebrew they used to have up, one of which was an old revision of Wii64 IIRC. So anyway, I confirm that he's not lying. [​IMG]

5. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    I hope I'll soon get the Mystical Ninja games up and running in later updates of this emulator, wii64 really making progress I must add! [​IMG]
    Really impressive!

6. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    pokemon stadium 2 does not work for me... when i go into free battle and choose the channgle cups rules my screen turns white... and that's the mode with random pokemon that are choosen for you and your vs buddy.

7. kjaved373

kjaved373 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    I haven't got time to check it out, but it looks good.

How good is it compared to the emulator for xbox1?

8. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    WOW! I held off on testing this...I guess kind of figuring it would be slow. Not at all! Super Mario 64 plays near perfect! Really amazing work. I'll be playing with this one for awhile [​IMG]

9. musicman61554

musicman61554 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2008
    United States
    Illinois
    Yea this rocks. Some of the games that they said dont work work for me. Killer Instinct Gold is rocking. Just some slow down during fighting. Brings back some great times. Cant wait for beta 2.

10. FreytA

FreytA Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2009
    Okay, how long do you wait until the games load? I have tried WWF War Zone (ntsc) and Castlevania (ntsc) but they just seem to hang on the title screen? [​IMG]

Also, how do you return to the main menu? I never seem to be able to :S

Edit: Its all good, i think the WarZone rom was faulty and Castlevania doesn't even work! I got WWF No Mercy to work but the characters don't show up... need more roms i think!

11. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    What games work that you can't already inject? The cool part about this at least, is you can use the wiimote to play so you dont have to do that terrible combination of wiimote and then switch over to classic or game-cube controller

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2009
    Finland
    FreytA, press 1+2 to return to main menu, it's in the readme [​IMG]

13. beegee7730
    OP

beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

Banned
    Mar 31, 2009
    England
    My Xbox1 arrived today, when I get Agent Under Fire and my Action Replay I will compare games.

14. bolex17

bolex17 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    Just finished playing some Starfox 64 and Rugrats Scavenger Hunt both working flawlessly.

15. wurz311

wurz311 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2007
    to be honest, this emulator is not as far developed as surreal on xbox but it has surprised me in the speed it runs. on xbox lots of things need changing to get some of the n64 games like smash bros and perfect dark etc at passable speeds but still not playable without ram upgrade. this has a lot more potential than the xbox one even if some games that the xbox plays dontwork here.

16. IlluminiX

IlluminiX GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    I gotta ask... Has anyone been able to make a working Channel with Wii64 -- forward or direct? All attempts I have tried have resulted in either a black screen-frozen Wii or some Error message leading me to think the issue may be with Wii64 itself.

17. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    WHat "error message" ?
    before blaming Wii64, have you tried loading it through the HBC ?
    Anyway, if it would be Wii64 itself, how do you explain so many people are playing with it right now, through a channel or not ? It's definitively something on your side...

Now, it's a common problem with emulators using DVDX on startup: if you have a bad install of DVDX (for example, one that use a custom IOS), the program will hang when it try to initialize DVDx

Generallly, uninstalling or reinstalling DVDx using the last HackMii installer fix this issue.
    Or it could be a badly formatted SD...

18. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    much much much better, i tried the xbox n64 emulator and 90% of the games don't run or run very slow, the Wii emulator is much betetr most of them run and at full speed too, the good thing about this emulator is that you don't have to mess with settings to get 1 rom working you just load and go.

19. Lynkk

Lynkk Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2009
    I just tried Pilotwings 64. It's basically the same problem as the injected version. There is a graphical bug below the character obstructing the view and there are white bars around the screen. The framerate is cut in half too make it hard to play sometimes.
    Beside that the game runs well, it's a great start.

Mario 64 works perfectly except slow framerate on the title screen and sometimes there is a slight drop in fps in game.

20. Taik

Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2008
    France
    Uh ?
    In the compatibility list ( not the one on GBAtemp, the other one) it says 40 winks and silicon valley both work perfectly but :
    In 40 winks, we can only see the character, the rest is pitch black
    In Silicon Valley, the graphics are all glitchy 0.0

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted