Homebrew Wii64 and WiiSX recompiled (Improved USB Support)

wiisixtyfour

OP
Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as both Wii64 and WiiSX were released a year ago and don't have very good USB support, I've recompiled them with the latest devkitPPC and libogc. USB support should be very much improved with these builds; I didn't change any of the actual code.

WiiSX-beta2.1.1.zip
[Mirror]

Wii64-beta1.1.1.zip
[Mirror]

wiisixtyfour

OP
Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't think so; As I said I didn't change any of the code, but when the betas were first released then there wasn't very good USB support so recompiling them now increased compatibility because of the updates to libogc.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry guy but it's useless if you don't use code to support IOS58 or CIOS202 in the file GamecubeMain.cpp

I made both IOS/CIOS USB2 mod when they release the 2.1 version. You could find it with the source at :

Wikitemp WiiSX beta 2.1

Maybe you could try recompiled it for IOS58, i didn't recompile it with latest libogc. Maybe it can improve speed a little but CIOS202 was faster when i made this mod. Maybe now, it's different.

wiisixtyfour

OP
Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
Sorry guy but it's useless if you don't use code to support IOS58 or CIOS202 in the file GamecubeMain.cpp

I made both IOS/CIOS USB2 mod when they release the 2.1 version. You could find it with the source at :

Wikitemp WiiSX beta 2.1

Maybe you could try recompiled it for IOS58, i didn't recompile it with latest libogc. Maybe it can improve speed a little but CIOS202 was faster when i made this mod. Maybe now it's different.
It's not useless, I've only heard good things from the people who've tried it (because they had tried the official ones and it didn't work for them, but mine did). Also, I'm not a coder so that's why I didn't change anything. I could recompile yours too but I'm not sure if the difference would be that drastic.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What matguitaris is trying to tell you is, you have done something that is been there allready for a long time. Instead of doing the same, you better improve.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
does dk64 and banjos run at full speed with this
smileipb2.png

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Support for IOS58" doesn't need to be coded, it's part of libogc. Recompiling is all that is necessary. Speed tests have shown that it's roughly equal with the custom USB2 module, plus it uses an official IOS, supports both slots and hot-plugging. Is that "improvement" enough?

wiisixtyfour

OP
Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
What matguitaris is trying to tell you is, you have done something that is been there allready for a long time. Instead of doing the same, you better improve.
As I said before and what tueidj said, the fact that it's compiled with an updated libogc improves the already existing code.

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Jun 6 2011, 11:48 PM) does dk64 and banjos run at full speed with this
smileipb2.png
Like I said, I didn't change any code so it runs games the same as the official builds. The only thing different is the improved USB support (like running from USB and loading ROMs/Saves from USB).

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS!
I was driving myself crazy trying to figure why wiisx & wii64 errored when accessing the usb drive. For some reason my wii addresses my usb drive in wii exlporer as usb1, thougth that was the problem but it didn't seem to affect my other emulators. I used the latest recompile and it fixed those issues. Now if I could just figure out how to load an iso in wiisx... My directory structure is correct and I load my .bin but when I go to play it freezes! any advice? thanks for recompiling.
smile.gif

I have had a chance to use these a little and have found that the new compile doesn't work with my forwarder wads for both 64 and SX.
unsure.gif
I unistalled and reinstalled the wads and the .bin files but didn't make a difference. So I downloaded the .bin files from homebrew and they worked with my forwarder wads again. something definitly gliches with those .bin files and forwarder wads. But I like the USB support these files provide.
nayps3.gif

wiisixtyfour

OP
Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Shag said:
THANKS!
I was driving myself crazy trying to figure why wiisx & wii64 errored when accessing the usb drive. For some reason my wii addresses my usb drive in wii exlporer as usb1, thougth that was the problem but it didn't seem to affect my other emulators. I used the latest recompile and it fixed those issues. Now if I could just figure out how to load an iso in wiisx... My directory structure is correct and I load my .bin but when I go to play it freezes! any advice? thanks for recompiling.
smile.gif

I have had a chance to use these a little and have found that the new compile doesn't work with my forwarder wads for both 64 and SX.
unsure.gif
I unistalled and reinstalled the wads and the .bin files but didn't make a difference. So I downloaded the .bin files from homebrew and they worked with my forwarder wads again. something definitly gliches with those .bin files and forwarder wads. But I like the USB support these files provide.
nayps3.gif
For the ISO (bin) loading problem, try getting the BIOS [SCPH1001.bin] and using that. Place it in SD:\wiisx\bios\ and then in WiiSX settings where it says "Boot through Bios" select "Yes". I'm not sure about the forwarders because I never use them..

thunderspider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, wiisixtyfour, may be you can answer me.. how can i fix a input problem with the need for speed for wiisx? the first need for speed, the game apparently runs well, but isn't reckognize the controls, no matter the config

wiisixtyfour

OP
Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
thunderspider said:
Hello, wiisixtyfour, may be you can answer me.. how can i fix a input problem with the need for speed for wiisx? the first need for speed, the game apparently runs well, but isn't reckognize the controls, no matter the config
What controller are you using?
Also, have you tried changing the configuration? Go into Settings and then Input and then Configure Buttons.

Cospefogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sire,

I wonder if it is possible to add a FILTERING ON/OFF switch?
It could be wonderful to have the games running on sharp pixels!
That bilinear/blurry mode makes me feel like I need glasses!

Also, a 240p mode just like the SNES, NES, GEN and PCE emu could be AWESOME!

Thanks so much!
Best regards,
Cospefogo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night