Wii #XXXX - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (USA)

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was surprised that this game booted up fine even on Darkcorp 1.0. I watched the Wiimote plus tutorial video, then found out that I need it for this game. Well played Nintendo, well played. :hateit:

it's 12.99$ used.. so buy one..
or buy the game :D

W

wii-dog

hi zelda if you cant get it to work no more help...........you must buy it ...................because ..................i got it to work first night..................and i didnt want to hack a wii.............and i only hacked 3 in life after i beat zelda im selling my system for 70 bucks with two joysticks,wheel for mario cart ,one numchuck and its the new black bundle but i sold all games only have new 1tb drive not included,and brand new 4 pack recharge batteries included,separet 1 tb will cost 40 its black with box looks clean and bomb with over 100 games so buy my is best hack out there just kidding.

nyijedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was surprised that this game booted up fine even on Darkcorp 1.0. I watched the Wiimote plus tutorial video, then found out that I need it for this game. Well played Nintendo, well played. :hateit:

it's 12.99$ used.. so buy one..
or buy the game :D
Not only that, but it's very well implemented in this game. It's not a gimmick.

Animatr0nic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Made a thread about this but gonna ask in here as well, please help :(

Hey guys,

I've spent the whole day trying to get SS to work on my Wii. My Wii is 4.1E with neogamma r9 beta b50 & cIOS d2x56 v6 249. I've mounted the game to an 8GB WBFS SDHC.

I managed to view the motion+ video, however when I try to boot the game I get a black screen. I have enabled 'Block IOS reload', I have enabled 'Save Config' but to no avail. I have tried quite a few other loaders and none have worked. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

W

wii-dog

format drive to fat32 then use usbloader cfg v70 then chose ciso 249 v6 then click then zelda works if not your wii is broken

Animatr0nic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
format drive to fat32 then use usbloader cfg v70 then chose ciso 249 v6 then click then zelda works if not your wii is broken

When I try to mount an SDHC card to cfg usbloader it always cannot detect the WBFS partition...will fat32 be detected? And my wii is fine, all the other games AND the SS demo worked fine in neogamma, it's just zelda being annoying :(

EDIT: Got my game to appear in cfg usbloader but same error, completely black screen after booting the game

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii with previously 3.4U and updated to 4.1U with Modmii. Wiiflow 2.1, No fix installed only passed game thru wiibrickblocker. Worked like a charm from the first try. Seems like a great game but I wont be playing it till I get my bundle. Just wanted to try if it worked or not.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi zelda if you cant get it to work no more help...........you must buy it ...................because ..................i got it to work first night..................and i didnt want to hack a wii.............and i only hacked 3 in life after i beat zelda im selling my system for 70 bucks with two joysticks,wheel for mario cart ,one numchuck and its the new black bundle but i sold all games only have new 1tb drive not included,and brand new 4 pack recharge batteries included,separet 1 tb will cost 40 its black with box looks clean and bomb with over 100 games so buy my is best hack out there just kidding.

Proof that our public schools have failed miserably.

Helix94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried booting it on USB GX on all available IOSes, on CFG USB Loader on all IOSes, (even IOS 249 rev 20 base 56 and IOS 250 rev 20 base 57), and it still just goes right back to the system menu immediately upon boot. I'm starting to think that maybe I am using a corrupt file. Is there anything else I should try before I acquire a different one?

jamessh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I went out of my way yesterday to get my system modded. unknowingly I have a "hardmod", the DRIVEKEY, as the mod chip. I am totally new to this, and after using imgburn to burn this to a disc (as far as I know I have to use use disc), I can see the intro screen on the wii channel, but when I click "start", my screen just goes black. I can then eject the disk but everything else is frozen.

I found this forum doing a google search, and hope someone will take pity on a newbie and guide me through this!

PS my firmware, if it makes a difference is Ver 3.4U

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Turns out my only problem was the ISO.Got a different one and it's been working perfect.5 hours through and no problems.

This game is awesome,by the way.Some reviews say it's linear..Don't see how that is.I always found OOT and TP to be linear,however.

jamessh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People still use hardmods???????????? Why?????? Softmods are moar than enough....

UNINFORMED people like myself, that don't do any research still use hard modes, or in this case, bought and paid for an install on one yesterday :/

can I use my hardmodded system with this game?

and is my old firmware (ver. 3.4U) the reason the disc is read, but immediately loads to a black screen?

hope someone can help.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People still use hardmods???????????? Why?????? Softmods are moar than enough....

UNINFORMED people like myself, that don't do any research still use hard modes, or in this case, bought and paid for an install on one yesterday :/

and is my old firmware (ver. 3.4U) the reason the disc is read, but immediately loads to a black screen?

hope someone can help.

what chip r using? what firmware?

I've tried booting it on USB GX on all available IOSes, on CFG USB Loader on all IOSes, (even IOS 249 rev 20 base 56 and IOS 250 rev 20 base 57), and it still just goes right back to the system menu immediately upon boot. I'm starting to think that maybe I am using a corrupt file. Is there anything else I should try before I acquire a different one?

try 222 with base 38

jamessh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

hope someone can help.

what chip r using? what firmware?

I am using a drivekey. not 100% sure what firmware on the mod chip. is there an easy way to tell?

try 222 with base 38

I'm using a drivekey mod. Not sure how to tell what firmware for the chip :? . Wii firmware is 3.4U

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to get my hand on the original disc with the golden wiimote ahah
Are we sure that the save file for this game will work w/ the original disc when it comes out next week? I'm afraid to get too far w/ this version, b/c I have a sneaking suspicion that the save file won't be compatible w/ the "real" version. This version is definitely a little different, considering it has the Japanese sound effects rather than the American ones.

Japanese sound effect??? I don't think so.. it's like wii music and wii party sounds effect ahahah that's not japanease langage...

Anyway, if I have to do it again, I'll stick to this version instead of the "real one".. i think it's the real one because it have french langage (for me) and I don't think french langage will be available in Japan...
The sounds Link makes are DEFINITELY not the same sounds he's made in all of the recent Zelda games. His sounds, as well as those of other characters, definitely have a Japanese styling to them. Listen to the noises he makes when he runs and rolls. They're not "normal" relative to previous U.S. Zelda games.

Link's voice is different in every game - and he has a lot more actions in this game than the others - of course the sound effects will be different. I guarantee you all sound effects will be same in all regions, retail version or not. The previous games also had the same sounds between the Japanese and US versions.

Worked on my cousin's Wii with d2xv6 in slot 249 with base 56. IOS Reload blocked, and Error 002 fix set to "anti"

jamessh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for anyone like myself that is "hard modded". after updating to the latest firmware, the game loads up (I was getting black screen after pressing"start", and seems to play just fine. I went through the wii motion plus tuturial and even saved without issue.

just an FYI for people that are hardmodded with old firmware, having issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I started apple cider vinegar tablets again hope I don't start burping it up