Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Downloading the Wii-IND release this very moment. 2,64 gigs of 7,46 gigs downloaded so far. I hope this works because I only can download 100 gigs a month...

I'll test it on USB loader GX

Panaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two minutes until the .wbfs file is on my drive. Will edit this post with my settings and what loader I used if I get past the infamous baby scene. Hopefully that's not too far from the beginning. Wish me luck my fellow Metroid enthusiasts.

Tonindo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bgbrendan said:
Tonindo said:
Works on my 3.2E Wii with Wiikey 1 running it trough Gecko OS 1.9.3.1. Used a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc with layerbreak 2084960. So happy! I was super worried that it wouldn't work.

did you do anything special like brick blocker or regionchanger etc or did you just burn it as is?

only got 1 dl disk left so dont wanna waste it =b your system is same as mine =D
No, i just burned it as it is. I do have a couple IOS installed on my Wii though; IOS 56, 58 and one more, don't remember which one. Maybe that helps.
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Magus said:
Thug4L1f3 said:
I've just ordered a Wii and HDD for this game (and a few others) not had a Wii since launch!

ahahahahahahah i still remember the metroid fusion thread!
good old times

Haha that was an epic thread! I read that Other M has hints of Fusion style so am looking forward to this!!!
Also have not played Corruption.

Anyone tried scrubbing it yet?

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_Predator said:
Hello,

I have registered here in order to ask you people for help, I pray that you will be able to help me out.

To be honest, I haven't yet tried burning the game as I'm not done downloading yet, but since I only have a small amount of DL DVD's I want to double check stuff with people who are better at this than me.

I have softmodded my 4.2. Wii according to this guide:

[url=http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...ny-4-2-wii.html]http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...ny-4-2-wii.html[/url]

I boot games via Neogamma R9 and I have cIOS249-rev17. My Wii is somewhat older console with a D2C chip.

The discs I have are Verbatim DVD-R DL 4x

I have read a lot of burning recommendations, from setting it to incremental to setting the layer break (Which apparently isn't possible on -R DVDs). Some people however posted on various forums that they did not specify a layer break.

Will this work? Do I need to update my booter / cIOS? Any specific burn settings?

I'd appreciate if people would refrain from telling me to get an USB loader since I do not own an external HDD.

Thanks in advance.

Just want to update this post by saying that I bought a couple of DVD+R's but they only had some shabby brand, Pro4Media. I did manage to run Sin & Punishment on a DVD-R SL of this brand. Every suggestion and advice is more than welcome.

EDIT: The Pro4Media seem to be using a darker dye than Verbatim -R's from what I can see with the naked eye.

Panaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, didn't expect that many posts after my last one so I'll just update here. I'm up and running past the baby's cry signal on Configurable USB Loader under ios 249.

My wii is at 4.2 U.

I got the [Wii] Metroid Other M [NTSC][MULTi3] release and I removed the update partition and converted the .iso to .wbfs with wii backup manager and moved it to my usb thumb drive using the same program. The size, as others have confirmed, should be 7.26gb.

Hope this helps other people.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i removed the update partition and burned it to a dual layer but i still get the freeze :/
my iso is 7,92 GB (or 8.306)
i'm using neogamma
i'm on 3.2E

copy_zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone know how to get through this part?

After you drop trough the middle of the big tree thing, and, when you land, you are forced into 1st person mode, what do you scan? I've checked the entire room and found nothing.

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the removal of the update partition mandatory? Because my neogamma has disc updates disabled, would that be enough? All the scrubbed images I've burned so far were just a simple extract->burn job. Do I need to anything else with this one aside from removing that partition and setting the layer break?

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay,guys,my download wont be done till later today,or maby even tomorrow.But has anyone got it working fine on a DL disc?And what about this .wbfs thing?

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh maaan. Seem to have another freezing problem now.

how do I use spoiler tags?

well anyway ***LITE SPOILERS***

I just found the green blood on the ground that belonged to the the lil bunny creature, which is now a husk and out of which popped god knows what. Adam asks me to follow it so I go through that door and Samus jumps down the long elevator shaft, walks up a hallway talks a bit and then someone comes in over the radio and says: "Samus!" and then the sound cuts out entirely but the scene continues playing, then it zooms out and I'm sposed to have control again in a hallway but I can't do anything, no wiimote button is responsive including power, just had to pull the power out of the console... I just booted my save and tried it a second time but it happened again

I'm pretty sure some of you guys have gotten past this far, but I dunno..not working for me atm
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol