Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

revol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a disc read error during the cinematic after the tutorial. I'm running it off of a WBFS drive, using a USB Loader 1.6 channel fronter created by Crap.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not downloading this till tomorrow.

Few qustions,guys: Does cIOS Xr20b work for this?

And does a Dual Layered Minus disc work for this game?

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
LocoRoco said:
works fine rev20 base 56.....
And the nub question: I never understand where to install the cIOS properly, another reason why I'll never get Tri running; I just install it to stock settings and never pick where to install them. :\

revol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
revol said:
Just got a disc read error during the cinematic after the tutorial. I'm running it off of a WBFS drive, using a USB Loader 1.6 channel fronter created by Crap.

It happened again, at the same exact spot in the video, but this time I launched it inside of USB Loader GX using the 002 fix.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
3 seeds and 166 leechers.

We're in for a logn week, kids.And even then I've got to get a dual layer DVD for it to work.

Edit: Estimated Download Time: infinite.
Well.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mariosonic said:

Yes DVD-R DL will work, it's the best kind to use for the wii and also make sure you set the layer break to 2084960.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
revol said:
revol said:

It happened again, at the same exact spot in the video, but this time I launched it inside of USB Loader GX using the 002 fix.
no 002 fix needed

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgi said:
jdevil99 said:
fudgi said:
jdevil99 said:
I've burned it to DL's twice, setting the right layer break and bookmark settings and I get disc read errors. Guess I'm waiting til next week to play it.
dont you have an external hd or usb stick or something of that sort you can use?

I have two net books packed with anime that I have no intention on formating and all of my USB sticks aren't big enough because they're mainly used for small files anyways. I've always used discs with 0 issues up until now. I've burned everything accordingly and I'd say a .dvd files wouldn't make a difference since I manually put in the layer break within imgburn anyways. I only use .dvd for burning my 360 games anyways, but thats besides the point. I just wanna know if anyone had actually got this running off a disc yet or is everyone USB HDD
hehe you dont need to format fat32 and ntfs both can be used ^^ just saying in case youre impatient
tongue.gif

You don't, shows what I know. I just assumed because what little reading I did, I saw WBFS used alot and assumed formatting was involved. And yes, I'm impatient, now I need to find a quick and dirty noob faq for installing wiiflow or usb loader and how to get this up and running since I've been running games from neogamma and the disc loader channels respectively since jump street.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of random, but apparently Dolphin plays the game and renders it gloriously in 1080p or higher!
tongue.gif

Screens (WARNING, LARGE SCREENS AHEAD)-
r3oe0176.png

r3oe01166.png

I'll try this in Dolphin (don't have a real Wii), but i doubt i'll be able to play it until i get a better PC. It's absolutely gorgeous in HD though, even though the game wasn't really intended to be outputted to that resolution.
biggrin.gif

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
mariosonic said:

Yes DVD-R DL will work, it's the best kind to use for the wii and also make sure you set the layer break to 2084960.
Okay,thanks.How do you layer break witha DVD-R though?

And in the mean time for everyone including me who is waiting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoBUfBjocdE...feature=related

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
mariosonic said:

I used 2 of my last 3 Verbatims with that layer break and got disc read errors. And I've burned 200+ 360 games on those discs for a few years now and never had a coaster or and issue, so I'd like to know what you did to get a DL to work. Although, this is my first Wii DL game, I know I burned it correctly.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
>190 Users are reading this topic.
>135 Guests

Come and register, guys! We play nice!
In other news: my download is now going to take a slightly less insane 2 weeks and 1 day. Before, it was 3 years. Sounds good to me.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
Kind of random, but apparently Dolphin plays the game and renders it gloriously in 1080p or higher!
tongue.gif

Screens (WARNING, LARGE SCREENS AHEAD)-
r3oe0176.png

r3oe01166.png

I'll try this in Dolphin (don't have a real Wii), but i doubt i'll be able to play it until i get a better PC. It's absolutely gorgeous in HD though, even though the game wasn't really intended to be outputted to that resolution.
biggrin.gif
WOW, is all I can say to that. The game looks AMAZING. I'd like to use Dolphin, but my PC isn't good enough.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mariosonic said:
431unknown said:
mariosonic said:

Okay,thanks.How do you layer break witha DVD-R though?

And in the mean time for everyone including me who is waiting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoBUfBjocdE...feature=related
I use imgburn and it's in the settings some where I'm at work rig now so I can't look and I'm not sure off hand on which tab it is.

I used 2 of my last 3 Verbatims with that layer break and got disc read errors. And I've burned 200+ 360 games on those discs for a few years now and never had a coaster or and issue, so I'd like to know what you did to get a DL to work. Although, this is my first Wii DL game, I know I burned it correctly.

Are you using +R DL or -R DL? If your using +R DL Did you set the book type correctly it should be set to DVD or DVD-rom this is how I burn all my wii games when I burn them on + R DVD media and vie never had a bad burn ever and I use the cheapest shit DVDs I can't buy. Verbatims are the best I do agree, but as long as you burn slow and know what your doing you can use shit brands too.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jdevil99 said:
fudgi said:
jdevil99 said:
fudgi said:
jdevil99 said:
I've burned it to DL's twice, setting the right layer break and bookmark settings and I get disc read errors. Guess I'm waiting til next week to play it.
dont you have an external hd or usb stick or something of that sort you can use?

I have two net books packed with anime that I have no intention on formating and all of my USB sticks aren't big enough because they're mainly used for small files anyways. I've always used discs with 0 issues up until now. I've burned everything accordingly and I'd say a .dvd files wouldn't make a difference since I manually put in the layer break within imgburn anyways. I only use .dvd for burning my 360 games anyways, but thats besides the point. I just wanna know if anyone had actually got this running off a disc yet or is everyone USB HDD
hehe you dont need to format fat32 and ntfs both can be used ^^ just saying in case youre impatient
tongue.gif

You don't, shows what I know. I just assumed because what little reading I did, I saw WBFS used alot and assumed formatting was involved. And yes, I'm impatient, now I need to find a quick and dirty noob faq for installing wiiflow or usb loader and how to get this up and running since I've been running games from neogamma and the disc loader channels respectively since jump street.

in case you need help i pmed you

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One more qustion to everyone: Okay,guys,what setting is currently working for this game if any,and has anybody tryed it on a DVD-R and with the settings used?(i dont use USB loader) And does it work with Rev 20?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello