Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
^^wiirelease-0767^^
We DO NOT host illegal files - please do not ask where to obtain this ISO or give links to places to find this ISO or you will be immediately banned.

This is a scrubbed release (therefore it is nuked), but worth posting.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
I really wish they wouldn't count scrubbed releases as XXXX releases. I bet those Japanese Wii owners will lap this p. See you all online guys.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Auyx said:
I really wish they wouldn't count scrubbed releases as XXXX releases. I bet those Japanese Wii owners will lap this p. See you all online guys.

i dont like scrubbed releases. i know scrubbing isnt bad heh but still
ohmy.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scrubbing means its modified from the original. Despite the fact only zeros have been removed, its still not original. Hence the nuke. Releases must strive to be as close to the original as possible...otherwise we start getting rips posted again like several years back. Man I hated those rips.

ninjya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But honestly, nothing of importance was removed from this release. And a single layer disc is cheaper and writes faster then a dual layer. I understand scene rules are scene rules, but I rather have a faster download for the same content
smile.gif

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
n84 said:
what was wrong with the ones several years back?

...nothing.

If scrubbed releases counted as new 'real', 'official', etc releases - then the scrubbed release of (Wii #0001 Red Steel would count as a new release.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
Yer I guess I was wrong. Dont wanna end up like the GC Scene was. But I totaly agree that this stuff should be posted here the same as the normal release. GBAtemp is the best early warning system going for early releases.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Auyx said:
Yer I guess I was wrong. Dont wanna end up like the GC Scene was. But I totaly agree that this stuff should be posted here the same as the normal release. GBAtemp is the best early warning system going for early releases.

maybe not posted as normal release - but as xxxx release...

jphIf scrubbed releases counted as new 'real', 'official', etc releases - then the scrubbed release of (Wii #0001 Red Steel would count as a new release.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Because the scrubbed games in future could easily be detected and not work since its just a makeshift hack, so they will end up being all released again.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gives the NTSC-U users another option, too.

But I'm definitely not down with the Wii Scrubbing. We don't live in an age where filesize matters that much. Especially if you're scene, you shouldn't be worried.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
n84 said:
what was wrong with the ones several years back?
several years back, when the internet connections had isdn speed most of the games where ripped, so movies and music was downsampled or removed completely.
it was usefull back in these days, but today with everybody having fast inet connections its useless.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProdigySim said:
Gives the NTSC-U users another option, too.

But I'm definitely not down with the Wii Scrubbing. We don't live in an age where filesize matters that much. Especially if you're scene, you shouldn't be worried.
Eh I am perfectly fine with waiting for the USA release. Im a patient person.

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Until scrubbing the releases actually makes a difference in how useful it is, it shouldn't matter.
The other problem is some games may only ever see scrubbed releases, not "legit" ones, and will go unnoticed because of these stupid rules.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jergens said:
Until scrubbing the releases actually makes a difference in how useful it is, it shouldn't matter.
The other problem is some games may only ever see scrubbed releases, not "legit" ones, and will go unnoticed because of these stupid rules.
Or, if we enforce the rules, people will stop scrubbing their damned releases when they can just as easily release a legit one.

When the day comes that it DOES make a difference, I'd rather just have a library of legit scene releases than have to wait for people to make proper rips of everything.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Ninji said:
But honestly, nothing of importance was removed from this release. And a single layer disc is cheaper and writes faster then a dual layer. I understand scene rules are scene rules, but I rather have a faster download for the same content
smile.gif
Um, Mario Kart Wii isn't Dual layer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy