Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not scene rules per se, in this case. It's closer to GBAtemp rules.

You really don't understand how the scene works. There's no governing body or anything. Most of its members are organized into loosely knit groups, and stay anonymous by working under the groups' names.

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
It's not scene rules per se, in this case. It's closer to GBAtemp rules.

You really don't understand how the scene works. There's no governing body or anything. Most of its members are organized into loosely knit groups, and stay anonymous by working under the groups' names.

Uhm thank you sir, i acutally understand it quite well. There's pretty much like 3 kinds of rules.
1st - common sense rules: use 100mb files when doing dvd9, rar/sfv iso releases with nfo outside of archives, no m0 compression etc. These can either be traced back to some official rules of the bigger scenes (game iso releasing rules, util rules blah) that got created and signed by groups that mattered at the time (even tho these may not be around). even some common sense rules are not written out, once enough sites start to adopt and enforce them, they become de-facto rules too, because unless you like to get nuked and banned from most sites that matter after a few releases you better follow the common sense rules.
2nd - releasetype specific rules - those are stated in official rulesets. yes, even if the scene is working decentralized groups gather together and work out a set of rules that they all agree on and that shall be enforced on all sites supporting that section. good examples for this are 0day, mp3, dvdr etc rules. Those were created by several groups that mattered at the time and signed by those, meaning the groups obliged to follow these rules. once again, if enough groups sign those most sites adopt to those rules (like you see "RIAA rules are enforced - Nuke 5x" or smth on every mp3site out there) and it'd be not very smart to disobey them.
3rd - Everything else. Once in awhile some people say that releases should follow a certain standard. XPA saying DS should be .rar files, XWar saying console iso releases should not have intros, Caravan starting to tag JPN instead of JAP etc etc. If not enough other groups/sites care/agree these kind of rules will neither become part of some official ruleset or become common rules. So in no way you are obliged to follow those. Same goes for the scrubbed argument. Everyone says "scene rules say that scrubbed == nuke ). Certainly it's not common sense, because neither seems to know the majority of the japanese scene about that, nor do they care nor does any site nuke for this reason at all. Actually most of the unscrubbed "propers" are usually nuked on the spot. They are not part of official rules either, because for Wii, just like the whole console-iso scene no such rules exist. This leaves me with the conclusion that this rules falls into category 3 aka it's not mandatory to not scrub and should therefore not be a reason to auto-nuke every such release on sight.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
mousan said:
what about language? is there an option to get english text on screen?
no, english voices (like in every Resident Evil game)
and japanese text

QUOTE(rolandrd @ Jul 10 2008, 02:37 AM) i red previous post but can't find the answer does work on USA wii or PAL wii?
no

you need the FreeLoader to run it on PAL

I've played the game for like 5 minutes, the controls suck. You better play this game on the Gamecube

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
opcode32 said:
so? then why keeps everyone here saying "it's a nuke because of scene rules"? yet noone has been able to paste these supposedly rules so far. because no such rules exist (atleast no official ones signed by groups that matter). so why not just stop the nuke-scrubbed-releases nonsense, because the scene doesn't really care and no decent group will ever dare to proper (aka dupe) these releases (yet there some obscure -iND "propers" might surface some day).

I know theres no rules or anything, but wouldn't you agree 1:1 copies would be a better idea and let enduser scrub? What if these scrubbed releases become unable to work due to a check, suddenly 90% of the JPN wii releases are completely useless.

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
opcode32 said:
so? then why keeps everyone here saying "it's a nuke because of scene rules"? yet noone has been able to paste these supposedly rules so far. because no such rules exist (atleast no official ones signed by groups that matter). so why not just stop the nuke-scrubbed-releases nonsense, because the scene doesn't really care and no decent group will ever dare to proper (aka dupe) these releases (yet there some obscure -iND "propers" might surface some day).

I know theres no rules or anything, but wouldn't you agree 1:1 copies would be a better idea and let enduser scrub? What if these scrubbed releases become unable to work due to a check, suddenly 90% of the JPN wii releases are completely useless.

yes, i would agree. sites are accepting 20gb unplayable ps3 releases, so i don't think anyone cares about the 1-2gb you can save by scrubbing. i'd rather release them unscrubbed aswell.

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
opcode32 said:
yes, i would agree. sites are accepting 20gb unplayable ps3 releases, so i don't think anyone cares about the 1-2gb you can save by scrubbing. i'd rather release them unscrubbed aswell.
you got a point there
but then gamecube was unplayable untill viewtiful joe came along
aaaaaahh those memories of streaming iso's ^^

monnick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've downloaded this game for my PAL Wii. But when I insert it I get the 'system-update-icon' in the game screen. Is there any way to play this game on my PAL wii?

Anyone tested it?

edddy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
monnick said:
I've downloaded this game for my PAL Wii. But when I insert it I get the 'system-update-icon' in the game screen. Is there any way to play this game on my PAL wii?

Anyone tested it?
have you try with gecko os lauch from front sd?

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone get the update message, I updated my wii to the latest 3.3U but it still promt me for an update. I dont think I can use the update from the disc since its a JP game.

two-rok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gitaroo said:
anyone get the update message, I updated my wii to the latest 3.3U but it still promt me for an update. I dont think I can use the update from the disc since its a JP game.

got the exact same problem, only that i'm on a PAL Wii.

i'm on 3.3E and when i insert the disc it still asks me to update, i guess i'll remove the update from the iso and burn another disc, but it'll probably won't work

any ideas?

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
two-rok said:
Gitaroo said:

i'm on 3.3E and when i insert the disc it still asks me to update, i guess i'll remove the update from the iso and burn another disc, but it'll probably won't work

any ideas?
downgrade to 3.2 and use freeloader
wink.gif

two-rok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DieForIt said:
two-rok said:
Gitaroo said:

any ideas?
downgrade to 3.2 and use freeloader
wink.gif

hi,

thanks for the answer, but how can i do that?

edit:

i've managed to run it on my PAL wii with 3.3E installed, i used TP hack 0.1 beta1 to install the homebrew channel, then i used geckoOS to run the disc. it works without any problems whatsoever, i didn't even needed to force anything like PAL60 or whatever.

but yes the controls suck, CAPCOM really made an awful work porting this one, why not doing like they did with RE4? i love it on the wii, more than on any other platform, but this one was a disapointment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: