Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MADKATZ99 said:
Im in the same boat as BigX.
Really been waiting for this game ever since I heard it was getting released, and since I loved RE4 on the wii so much I thought i'd give another RE a go. I kept putting it off and waiting for it to come to the wii, and its finnally here!

Its not RE4's 3rd person perspective, but it will still surely have the IR aiming thing right?

Would be a VERY lazy port if it didnt...
Nope it plays the same as the original.

As I said in my post nothing has been added. Well maybe just to map the buttons to the nunchuck and wiimote, but there is no aiming or no motion controls.

I think that is why Capcom USA & Europe have passed on this game.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Cyan said:
tomqman said:
so whys this an XXXX
it's nuked because japanese released are Scrubbed.

It could be a good idea to specify it (nuked reason : scrubbed)
because it could be nukked for a bad dump, and if we think it's because it's scrubbed it will not work even if we try it.
just to make differences, if we know it.

I agree.. nuked releases should have a reason on the release description.

And this game was not announced for Europe and America yet.. actually, Capcom USA said that they're not interested in releasing them over here
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Daimakaimura said:
the game hasn't been out for like 4 hours? and already 15 people asking does it work on this or that
i'm getting sick of this even thou i'm from the same region
almost ALL GAMES WORK NOW ;;; YOU HAVE 3 F'N ways of playing it

does it work on 360?

arghhhh for your information there's only going to be a japanese version of this game
so no US or PAL version is/was planned

that made me lol hard XD

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hadrian said:
I think there is an English option, the trailer for this seems to have English voices or text, can't remember.

QUOTE(Seraph @ Jul 8 2008, 11:08 AM) EDIT: Beat me...But the voices are in English...

It's a Resident Evil game! .. EVERY Resident Evil / Biohazard has english voices, text is japanese.
But since this game was release worldwide for the gamecube i can imagine that you can force (text)languages with trucha-signer

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
katsuce said:
capcom said there wouldn't be any localization for this game... which is a good thing if you ask me

Well capcom have a webstore, could always translate and put a limited ammount on there site like nintendo have done. limited 50,000... make the fans buy them quick

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
Afaik only TMD pre scrubbed releases. Someone needs to tell them to pre the full ISO and pre the scrubbed version afterwards.
Not that they care about scene rules or stats (obviously).
Any release that isn't a complete 1:1 dump of the retail disc/cart gets nuked.
SQUARE seems to scrub aswell, for example Totsugeki_Famicom_Wars_VS_JAP_WII-SQUARE, LEGO_Star_Wars_The_Complete_Saga_JAP_WII-SQUARE, Links_Crossbow_Training_JAP_WII-SQUARE. Also releases without grptags like Harukanaru_Jikuu_no_Kade_4_JAP_WII are scrubbed aswell. DMZ scrubs aswell, see Family_Trainer_Athletic_World_PROPER_JPN_WII-DMZ, Fushigi_no_Dungeon_Furai_no_Shiren_3_Karakuri_Yashiki_no_Nemuri_Hime_JPN_WII-DMZ. Caravan scrubs too, Nitro_Bike_JPN_WII-Caravan, altho most releases seem to be either unscrubbed or not scrub-able. Anyway, seeing that TMD/DMZ/SQUARE/NOGRP release like almost all jap games, i still hold to my statement that pretty much every japanese release is scrubbed.

Also, why would they not care about scenerules? There is NO rule that says you must not scrub. I challenge you to show me any official ruleset that has been signed by a significant number of grps that says so. Sorry, but just because you decided that scrubbed == nuke does not make it a scene-rule, lol.

supo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A "scrubbed" release is considered incomplete. If they would label their releases as rip/scrubbed, there wouldn't be an issue.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Nope it plays the same as the original.

As I said in my post nothing has been added. Well maybe just to map the buttons to the nunchuck and wiimote, but there is no aiming or no motion controls.

I think that is why Capcom USA & Europe have passed on this game.
wow, that really sucks.. I wonder why it took them so long to release it? I was reading IGN somewhere it said it wasnt going to come out untill september or something.

Is the game worth playing without any changes?

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supo said:
A "scrubbed" release is considered incomplete. If they would label their releases as rip/scrubbed, there wouldn't be an issue.

considered by whom? i sure don't consider them incomplete, because all the gamedata is there and it plays just like any other rip with the garbage.

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
opcode32 said:
supo said:

considered by whom? i sure don't consider them incomplete, because all the gamedata is there and it plays just like any other rip with the garbage.
the rule says (or so it seems) the dump has to be a exact copy 1::1
so scrubbing is nog exact so it isn't proper .... that's all i believe
hate2.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Where are these Wii scene rules? Must've missed them somehow.

Sounds a bit non-scene-like to nuke scrubbed ISOs, though. As long as they play they should be fine. What's wrong with removing garbage data, as long as your not one of those anal "collectors"?

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
The scene is partially underground, as some of their activities are of dubious legality. Not many people can access topsites or have direct influence on scene rules.

so? then why keeps everyone here saying "it's a nuke because of scene rules"? yet noone has been able to paste these supposedly rules so far. because no such rules exist (atleast no official ones signed by groups that matter). so why not just stop the nuke-scrubbed-releases nonsense, because the scene doesn't really care and no decent group will ever dare to proper (aka dupe) these releases (yet there some obscure -iND "propers" might surface some day).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.