Wii won't read some dvd

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by utah, Apr 7, 2009.

1. utah
    OP

utah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Italy
    hi, i need a quick help (a think)
    after update succefully my 3.3e wii to 4.0e whit this guide i can't anymore play my old backups like excite truck or zack & wiki, even if i lunch those whit gecko os (it said when i lunch it no dvd!)
    but everything else is working, like original old wii games, newest backups games, hbc and wads.

i installed cIOS rev9, no use, i tried to downgrade to 3.2e, no effect. so, what i must do? i'm a huge lurker, i use to serch before asking, i search for like 20 pages, but i don't find anything like my problem.
    now i have the wii whit 4.0e and cIOS rev9, maybe the problem is i have isntalled to much unnecessary ios?

update
    i tried more games, but the strange thing is that wii music ask me to update the console while i'm on 4.0! wtf?

please help! thanks

2. controlio

controlio Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2006
    Australia
    Hello...are these games you tried trucha signed? but you should be able to play those through GeckOS
    I only have problems with trucha signed disks, when i want them to play with the disk channel...oh, and i also can't play rips of trucha signed disks with the USB loader.

3. utah
    OP

utah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Italy
    hi
    no, they are not thruca signed...
    if i lunch some of them via gecko os it said no dvd, some can reads them but the wii give me dvd error
    i reapet, the strange think when i insert wii music it give me to update the console!