Gaming Wii Vs Xbox360

andyc799

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so how does the arguement about analogue sticks come into it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM

no wiimote,no nunchuck,no steeringwheel.

only 1 winner i think.
wacko.gif

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes the winner is the WII unless there is already a perfectly good working version of natal out there , which there isnt , also please try playing multiplayer with natal with its one camera and dodgy depth of view sensors , then try shifting gear in a driving game ( shifting gear or having a quick scratch) , moving out of the cameras view , having the room in todays modern house which are bloody tiny , sorry its no good saying the 360 ( and pc has been announced ) will have natal when its not even completed its like saying the Wii will have 360 style hd graphics sometime soon , its not available so you cant compare . The Wii todate has implemented some of the best control methods available, its just personal preference whether you can adapt to them or whether or not you stay pushing sticks with a reticule the size of a water melon.

BUT !!

As the poster said above the majority of problems on any system are actually game related, the consoles abilities are set in silicon , What developers can do with that is what lets every console down at some point , poor coding, poor gameplay and visuals to an extent are down to the game programmers not really down to the console , my example with the Wii would be RE4 , it looks very nice on the wii in my opinion were as chop till you drop looks like shit , just 2 games were the later SHOULD look much better than the former but doesnt mostly down to lazy bastards who just cant be bothered to try.

D

Deleted User

Xta Large said:
Guild McCommunist said:
If you want a cheap Bluray player and lousy games, you buy a PS3.
Hahaha, that's not cool, you been living under a rock these last two years or something? The PS3 has plenty of great games now, bro. Oh, and, at this point, considering the variety each console boasts, it's not fair to say 'Oh, if you want platformers, go for the Wii' or 'if you want shooters, go for the 360'. The 360 has much more going for it than simply shooter games, and the Wii has plenty of good games that aren't platformers.

Anywhos, I think the 360 beats out the Wii, in just about every facet (except for hackability, haha!). It's just one cool system.
All of this.

I don't know about your (who I quoted) view on the PS3, but I personally prefer the PS3 to the 360, but only very very slightly, thanks to inFAMOUS and LBP which I will never get bored of xD. Wii wins for homebrew, however.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just own a good pc and you can play 95% of the games that are released on consoles on it with better controls, FREE online and better graphics AND a wii to play the rest of the games that aren't!

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to be a devout PC gamer. The excuse that games look better doesn't really hold water with me anymore. Because games on PS3 look just as good as the modern games on PC, with less effort and fiddling about with drivers and settings. Plus I don't have to fork out £300+ every few months on upgrades just to play a more recent game.

Nah. Those days are gone for me. I'll take ease of use over slight graphics enhancements anyday of the week!
tongue.gif

My PC gets used for WoW and that's about it. But my PC isn't exactly shit either. I can play anything thrown at it currently at decent graphics settings. But TBH with WoW, most games don't even get a looking.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
I still update my Wii game catalogue and only load it to test if new games work on it, but I haven't played my Wii for about a year. The system itself is just a let down, IMO. I've been playing my 360 for the past two years. The Wii just isn't fun anymore.

diediedie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both wii and 360 and while the 360 is more powerful, the wii is much more of a communal machine. The games are much more friendly to guests who either don't play games or haven't played a specific game. Also much better for entertaining females while still playin games.

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
360 for me, got that and a wii though so best of both worlds. Admittedly don't use the wii very often.

Gave up playing PC FPS years back, too many people who've been playing it for years/paid hundreds for some fancy laser mouse to the point where there's no point starting out as a beginner. 360 you've got just as much chance of killing someone ranked level 65 on COD as you have of someone on level 10.

Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my 360 last week, and I really don't see myself going back to my Wii anytime soon.

There will be some great games coming out later on down the road, and I'll make sure to rent them when that happens because the Wii offers little to no replay value with it's games.

Now the 360 on the other hand has beyond superior online service (which is what I love), amazing game library (on Bioshock & Castle Crashers right now), and who doesn't love Netflix? I enjoy always being connected through the 360 jumping in from one game to other with a friend is so simple.

dalekdan10

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont know, i havnt had much experince with 360, i went on it a few times at XwardyX 's house, (hes my bst m8t), anywayz, i think the wii, its more of a family console where as the 360 is a shooter, not saying that i dont like shooter games. I like Halo, but i think ill stick to Animal Crossing lets go to the city and brawl!!! So...
WII

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of interest whats up with the wiis online system ? ive never had any problems whatsoever (otherwise you would have heard me moan ) ive always found it to be good and rock solid , i play mostly after work and weekends at different times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: