Wii VS. Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by BillandAlisha, Dec 15, 2008.

Dec 15, 2008

Wii VS. Xbox 360 by BillandAlisha at 1:26 AM (5,600 Views / 0 Likes) 60 replies

1. BillandAlisha
    OP

Member BillandAlisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes Yes I know Xbox graphics can be eye droping amazing...but my wife loves the interactive of the Wii...reason why I am comparing is because the house has an xbox 360 and I have an Wii, I would like not to disappoint the xbox 360 fans.

Are there any more decent Interactive Wii games out there?

We have Wii sports,... which is good.
    Sonic unleashed........ play is ok, the story is almost as bad/cheesy as any Saturday night Sci-fi movies...
    Wii play................... sucks monkey balls.
    Quantum of Solace...the game is ok, the controllers are a bit awkward
    Guitar hero 3...........awesome, but getting tired of playing it.
    Endless ocean..........good for a kid when they had a very stressful day
    Zelda.................... no zelda game has let me down yet.

About to try

House of the dead 2 and 3
    Mario galaxy
    Mario sonic Olympics
    Mario Party 8
    No More heros
    Wareland shake it

...will I be disappointed?

What games do you prefer for interactivity for all ages, and for adults.

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    wii doesnt have rrod, online play is free, 95% of the games on xbox are shooters which get very boring after you've played a few their all the same.

3. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    [​IMG] Lol bias.
    The threesixty has oblivion/fallout, condemned, gta, pop, left4dead, COD4, and lotsa other stuff.
    It is true True a lot of it can be played on the pc...

But yea, I only own a wii, so I cant judge for sure, but the 360 is a decent console, not the pos you make it out to be.

4. LagunaCid

Member LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    WiiPC is the best console evar

5. Dedale

Member Dedale GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It looks like a fanboy discussion... I don't think this is the prupose of this thread [​IMG]

I think you should at first give a shot to Mario Galaxy and Wario Shake It.
    I sold my wii because the ratio of showelware is too impressive in comparaison of the good games.
    Still, I think you can find some very awesome games like Mario Kart or Smash Bros, which I recommend.

For the 360, as said Shadowboy, most of the games are port to PC. I know that too but I prefer play with a console, I'm lazy and I don't want to invest in my PC just to play GTA IV.
    Plus, you have a good choice in 360 library with titles like Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Blue Dragon, Forza 2, etc...
    You should take a look of some reviews and videos on gaming websites.

6. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Atari Lynx beats my wii hahaha

7. DrHectic

Newcomer DrHectic Advanced Member

Australia
    On the Wii, you won't find any worthwhile titles outside of the ones developed by nintendo or a second party developer. Galaxy is good fun, mario party is very mediocre - almost a chore by yourself. As a console I think the Wii is clearly geared toward a more casual audience - so you won't see many "hardcore" games on it (not saying there aren't).

The Wii shines the most at multiplayer fun since most people can join in on the fun even if they don't play games. But in my opinion, the wii always seems to get the short end of the stick on across the platforms releases and gets buckets of shovelware puked all over it every month.

The 360, in my opinion, provides an excellent gaming experience with single player games that are geared more towards the "hardcore gamer" - I think the 360 offers more challenging and time consuming games. Also, although wii online is free it's bollocks compared to xboxlive.

Basically, I think that the wii is more suited either to little kids or casual gamers, adults in the workforce who might not have too much time to invest in games and thus can gain enjoyment out of the wii's (generally) easier (and cheaper) titles.

By the way, I own a Wii and I'm planning on getting a ps3 when I have accumulated sufficient funds.

8. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    To be honest with you, I'd buy both, if I had the money. They don't cancel each other so much as the 360 and the PS3. In fact, they complement each other pretty well. You fancy some quick, easy games? Then you play the Wii. You fancy something more serious? You play the 360. Obviously, there are serious games on the Wii and casual games on the 360. But you get what I mean ^^

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    don't bother with Mario sonic Olympics and Mario Party 8, they are both crap and boring.

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    House of the dead 2 and 3. Enjoyable but doesn't have much replayability and needs a proper lightgun. Worth it if you play its with friends though.
    Mario galaxy. Classic game.
    Mario sonic Olympics. Meh.
    Mario Party 8. Crap
    No More heros. A flawed classic.
    Wareland shake it. For some reason these are never as good as the handheld versions, but its good.

Some games you may wanna play:
    Call of Duty: World At War. Sure its eclipsed by the 360 version but its a great version anyway.
    de Blob
    Bully: Better than the 360 version.
    Scarface. Best version.
    Resident Evil 4. Best version.
    Godfather. Best version.
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Better than HotD wii.
    Okami.
    Blast Works.
    Excite Truck. Don't care what anyone says, its better than Mario Kart Wii.
    Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Classic game that no one really bothered with
    Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

If you have the spare time & cash then get both, to me its worth having a Wii and another console just because the games for the Wii are mostly different. You may actually spend more time with a 360 though.

11. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    sorry wii cant hold xbox 360 jock strap, but maybe 2009 will be different, because the wii have absoulately nothing come out for it this year i mean nothing... what mario kart. Xbox 360 had at least 10 excellent titels, and 5 which could be game of the year.

12. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    We all know the differences between the consoles, iv'e had a 360 & PS3, PS3 cains the lot by.........MILES
    But since I'm a wii lover...(sometimes) haha, and like some of the homebrew that can be achieved, with such a small console with pathetic but reasonable hardware, it still has a place for me....
    I'd say Mario Kart as always the best game for the full family to have a good blast or Mario Sonic at Olympics, Best game out on the wii is easily COD5 i cain ass online [​IMG]

13. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I hear that the 360 has some awesome games.

As for the wii, hell i don't play many games at all (partly because of my small collection lol).

Without being a fanboy, i can still say the the Wii has the best hacking/homebrew scene out there [​IMG]

14. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I couldn't agree more. And as a matter of fact, I have both. The Wii is awesome for local multiplayer with friends. Nothing beats a four-player game of Mario Kart Wii in front of a big TV. The Xbox 360 offers really good online multiplayer and a great library of games. I actually bought my Xbox 360 primarily because of XBLA and its shmups, but there's plenty of good racing games, RPGs and Third-Person-Shooters, if you're not into FPS.

15. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    Exactly you don't buy a wii for graphics and the quality hardware, you buy it because it's fun, the best homebrew console, and it's like a all in one Nintendo console!

16. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    touche...but if you love competiting, XBOX 360 is for you since it is mainly shooter games as previously noted by someone(and beware, that can be very addicting...) Other than that, they have their on strength in different places XBOX 360= vibrant games and mainly competitive online games, but also noted earlier, most of the 360's games are ported to the PC. Playing on the counsole is preferred but remember, not neccessarily exclusive.

17. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Only thing I buy and play on my Xbox 360 is what I consider to be A+ titles. Lots of sports, action and shooters. This includes my favorite racing sims... love my Mario Kart, but for me nothing compares to a racing simulation with a force feedback wheel. I also buy lots of arcade titles on my 360... lots of great pick up and play games on the XBLA.

My Wii (modded) plays lots of party games (mario party, boom blox, monopoly, tv show king, etc), on-rail shooters (can't wait for new House of the Dead), and a few sports games (I love Madden on Wii... it's best version of all systems IMO).

Overall... if I had to keep one, it'd be my 360. It gets lots more play time compared to my Wii. Graphics is not worth comparing... but I will not buy a 360 game based on graphics... games are always bought based on enjoyment from gameplay. Graphics may help in first impression towards decision for purchase, but never the defining reason.

18. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I have both and I've probably spent more time playing my Wii than my 360 [​IMG]

Graphics are TOTALLY useless if the game is boring [​IMG]

I've completed more games on my Wii than on my 360. A lot of them just get boring after a while.

19. Xta Large

Member Xta Large GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why does everyone say that? I mean, yeah, it's true, but then at least you have a boring game that's pretty to look at. Most of the games on the Wii library are boring AND have awful visuals.

I'm not accusing you specifically of saying this, but honestly, I've had enough of the 'graphics versus gameplay' argument, because that got old a year ago when it became evident that the 360 and PS3 would best the Wii in both.

And don't get me wrong - I love the shit out of my Wii. It had so much potential... it's just plain not a competitor now, though. It's got some great AAA titles, but not as many as the other two systems have. It's online play is a joke, and while it does embrace local multiplayer (a forgotten art on the other two systems), honestly, how many local multiplayer games are there on the Wii that are worth playing?

With that said, 360 > Wii.

20. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Because I've played games like Mirror's Edge and found it TOTALLY boring. Yeah, it's nice and it's eyecandy, but sincerely, i prefer playing old DOS CGA-graphics games than that [​IMG]

I could list at least other 20 360 titles which I started to play just to be left there, unfinished. A pleasant surprise was Dead Rising, THAT was an enjoyable game (one of the few which I've actually completed on 360) [​IMG]

Yeah, the Wii doesn't have as much "AAA" titles as the 360 has, but every single of those few games the Wii had to offer were much better than three 360 games.

This is all [​IMG]