Hacking Wii vertical placement cause DRE's?

arthurkok2

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I installed a chip, and i was testing some backup games on it. It worked fine, no DRE's with any game.

Then I played them with the Wii in vertical position and then i got many DRE's. Anyone have the same problem?

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds to me like you possibly have a short when you put the wii in the other position, i'd check your connections on the modchip and make sure none of the wires are able to touch each other when you tilt it. only thing i can think of as to cause something like that.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
whats the best method for making sure the wires dont move around once the case is closed? tape work okay?
IMO the best way to make sure is to mount the chip close to the points and use stiff (single strand/solid core) wires, cut them short so they are not dangling in the first place.
Apart from that tape will be fine as long as it's decent tape. Sticky tape or cheap electrical tape can come loose when it gets warm so I'd invest an extra dollar or two on some good tape.
Hot melt glue is easy to apply and remove from a flat surface and should be pretty sturdy too.

cheesyPOOF5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense to me...don't have my cyclowiz yet(still
mad.gif
) so I can't really confirm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum