Hacking Wii Ver. 3.2U to 4.X

RyanMontez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play wiiware games on my wii. It's version 3.2u and I think you need to update the system to 4.x to be able to play them. I can't find anything related to my question on the internet so I went here to find answers. I don't want to brick my wii, cause it's the source of fun for me this summer vacation. Does anyone know a step by step guide, a video, a link or anything that could help me update my hacked wii to ver. 4.x, that would be greatly appreciated.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you wish to stay on 3.2, just only update your IOSes.
If you wish to use the functionality of the SD Card menu as well, you'll have to upgrade to any version above 4.x

In case you make a mistake whilst doing either of these, I'd suggest doing a nand backup via BootMii first.

RyanMontez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the process of creating a nand backup, i just found out that the reset button of my wii is busted. i don't have a gamecube controller. is it hopeless?

RyanMontez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have anything that has something to do with a gamecube. i jumped from a nintendo 64 to a nintendo wii. :(

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just the outside button broke? to were you see the black dot? use a pen. or a small screwdriver. but don't push to hard otr you'll def brake it., that is if the outer button is not on the wii. if so be very carefull an pull it out.( mine doesn't have the outer button. so i do what i'm telling you to do..( my kids are rough on shit.).
or flip the wii over an take the two small screws that hold the face plate on out an un snap the face plate an do the same thing as above.( i used a small steak knife to take those screws out, before i got my tri wing.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay