UgaAga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,
after reading the "Virtual Console - Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) - Wii VC Injection Tutorial" by SaulFabre I started to inject SNES ROMs in Wii SNES VC PAL wads. I trimmed the Breath of Fire 2.wad (zeroing the var, pcm, manual files in 00005 and using another 00004 file without manual button), injected several roms and modified the banners and save icons successfully. I also played around with other wads. I have three questions:

- Unfortunately it isn't possible to inject the new banner in the 000001 file with VCSaveInject5.0 if the wad uses lzh8 or lz77 compression. Is there another possibility?
- I tried to inject Terranigma (EU) into several roms, but I only have sound if I use Kirby Fun Pack / Kirby Super Star. Why?
- It seems that the Nintendo SNES Emulator differs from wad to wad. Sometimes lorom/hirom roms don't work OR if the SRAM of the underlying game in the wad is 0 then roms with higher SRAM don't work either. At least this is my impression. Is there a possibility to modify the config of the emulator (region, Hz, SRAM, etc)?

Thanks!

Last edited by UgaAga,
Reactions: SaulFabre

UgaAga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Does somebody know why VCSaveInject fails to inject the tpl to the 000001.app of a lzh8 or lz77 wad? And even better can fix it?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Does somebody know why VCSaveInject fails to inject the tpl to the 000001.app of a lzh8 or lz77 wad? And even better can fix it?
Tutorial for inject SNES ROMs into WADs:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/virtual...system-snes-wii-vc-injection-tutorial.543469/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,
after reading the "Virtual Console - Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) - Wii VC Injection Tutorial" by SaulFabre I started to inject SNES ROMs in Wii SNES VC PAL wads. I trimmed the Breath of Fire 2.wad (zeroing the var, pcm, manual files in 00005 and using another 00004 file without manual button), injected several roms and modified the banners and save icons successfully. I also played around with other wads. I have three questions:

- Unfortunately it isn't possible to inject the new banner in the 000001 file with VCSaveInject5.0 if the wad uses lzh8 or lz77 compression. Is there another possibility?
- I tried to inject Terranigma (EU) into several roms, but I only have sound if I use Kirby Fun Pack / Kirby Super Star. Why?
- It seems that the Nintendo SNES Emulator differs from wad to wad. Sometimes lorom/hirom roms don't work OR if the SRAM of the underlying game in the wad is 0 then roms with higher SRAM don't work either. At least this is my impression. Is there a possibility to modify the config of the emulator (region, Hz, SRAM, etc)?

Thanks!
Hello @UgaAga! I am the real @SaulFabre, I'm here for help you. Here's the answers to your questions you did to us:
- "Unfortunately it isn't possible to inject the new banner in the 000001 file with VCSaveInject5.0 if the wad uses lzh8 or lz77 compression. Is there another possibility?"
In new WADs which ROM uses LZ77 type 0x11 compression or LZH8, the 00000001.app is compressed using LZ77 type 0x11 compression. For uncompress it and edit the save manually with a hex editor with these (i use HxD Hex editor), uncompress it using wwcxtool (included in wwPacker tool, download link here). Once edited the save title, recompress it using the original 1.app as reference file for compress the new file, using again wwcxtool.
- "I tried to inject Terranigma (EU) into several roms, but I only have sound if I use Kirby Fun Pack / Kirby Super Star. Why?"
Terranigma isn't supported if you inject without a designed patch for that (ex. Canoe patches for some SNES games, which are also compatible with Wii VC). Use Canoe (SNES Classic Mini emulator) patch for Terranigma by sluffy for make it work on Wii VC. Here's a contribution post from @Zorg1996 about this: https://gbatemp.net/posts/9301516/
- It seems that the Nintendo SNES Emulator differs from wad to wad. Sometimes lorom/hirom roms don't work OR if the SRAM of the underlying game in the wad is 0 then roms with higher SRAM don't work either. At least this is my impression. Is there a possibility to modify the config of the emulator (region, Hz, SRAM, etc)?"
It is possible, I think. I said so many times that the SNES VC WAD that has better compatibility is "Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest", but you can test with other WADs such "Super Metroid", "Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire", "F-Zero", "Super Mario World", "Street Fighter II" or "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" for see in what WAD works.
For get 60 Hz in PAL Wiis, I recommend "Mario's Super Picross (PAL)" for get full 60 Hz (60 FPS in PAL60 instead of PAL50 that gains 50 Hz).

Greetings ;)

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: UgaAga

UgaAga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes, uncompressing with wwxctool worked. But I have another problem. If I change the game id of the Terranigma Wad it doesn't work anymore.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes, uncompressing with wwxctool worked. But I have another problem. If I change the game id of the Terranigma Wad it doesn't work anymore.
????
Changing ID of the WAD shouldn't affect the WAD.
An advice from me on WAD IDs: on the last character of the WAD ID, (XXXX, example JTNP), the last letter MUST be the letter of your Wii's region.
Codes:
  • E = USA / NTSC-U
  • P = Europe / PAL
  • J = Japan / NTSC-J
Greetings ;)

UgaAga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've used JTNP as game id and it won't run. Strange!
You can try it by yourself with Terranigma (DE) and Kirbys Fun Pak (PAL)

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey @UgaAga, Terranigma (EU) with Canoe patch runs without the need of any special chip, (acording to post https://gbatemp.net/posts/9301516/), but it also was patched to NTSC, so I think it will be some minor issues but it should work in PAL WADs. Kirby's Fun Pak (PAL) WAD uses SA-1 Chip, but Terranigma doesn't. So I will inject in a DKC2 (PAL) WAD instead. ;)
When i have this working i will send you the WAD in PM (private message).
EDIT: Trying to inject it in DKC2 WAD (PAL50) it has some issues because the Canoe patch is also enhanced with NTSC video that uses 60 Hz instead of 50 Hz. I will try to inject it in Mario's Super Picross (PAL60) WAD which uses the same refresh rate as NTSC so I won't hav those issues. :D

Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I see. Let me try to see if I can inject the German (Deutsch) ROM of Terranigma with that Canoe patch. Wait for me.
Unfortunately the canoe patch didn't work with my german terranigma rom.
I did it. After some research, I used GoodSNES ROMs (specifically version V1.1 of the ROM) for apply Canoe patch in it for then inject it on Mario's Super Picross (PAL60) WAD and I see that works without issues. I think you used bad ROMs for your injecting attempt.
Here's some snapshots:

germanterranigma.PNG

germanterranigma2.PNG

germanterranigma3.PNG

germanterranigma4.PNG

germanterranigma5.PNG

Greetings ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users