Wii VC save states?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by megaexplosion, Jun 22, 2015.

1. megaexplosion
    OP

megaexplosion Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
    California
    Hey guys, I have never of anything like this and I doubt it's possible but I guess I should ask just to get the possibility off my mind.

So, I'm trying to get into speedrunning a game (Majora's Mask, to be precise) and the best copy of the game to run happens to be the Japanese Wii VC copy. IO have said copy on my Wii and I was wondering:

Is there any way to use some sort tool or hack in order to use a save state feature on official VC titles? If there was it would make practicing later segments a lot easier...

2. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    No, I haven't actually heard of the ability to use save states for official VC games. I do know that certain emulators can, but you stated you wanted to use your Japanese VC copy.

3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    VC tends to be barebones emulation. Besides the controllers you can use and the video output, if the original system couldn't do it then the VC wrapper won't do it. Even then, the VC wrapper still might not do it even if the original system did.