Wii VC framebuffer and deflicker gone is that possible?

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to use the framebuffer mode also for the Wii VC mode and also use the deflicker mode? I mean Wii VC Injection

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Framebuffer: I don't think so.
Deflicker: ROM hack. Don't have exact steps but what I understand from https://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-to-disable-the-wiis-de-flicker-filter.477163/ is that you need to use wiiscrubber to extract the main.dol from the .iso, then hex edit it to disable the deflicker and finally reimport that into the .iso.

Note that I never did this nor did any other Wii ROM hacks, so all I said is highly theoretical.

Reactions: XDeltaOne

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Framebuffer: I don't think so.
Deflicker: ROM hack. Don't have exact steps but what I understand from https://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-to-disable-the-wiis-de-flicker-filter.477163/ is that you need to use wiiscrubber to extract the main.dol from the .iso, then hex edit it to disable the deflicker and finally reimport that into the .iso.

Note that I never did this nor did any other Wii ROM hacks, so all I said is highly theoretical.
I'm aware that this is an old post, but I think that framebuffer (displaying "only" eFB) would be possible if we make the xFB match the eFB resolution, right? I think evWii can do this, but not sure if it works like that. I think the resolution there need to be set 640x448 to match the framebuffer, but I'm not sure, I don't know why it's 448 instead of 480.
Deflicker-disabling on the on the other hand is not supported by the plugin, which is a shame because it looks really nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-