Hacking Wii Update Modify Questions

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I managed to successfully update my Wii through the Modify any Wii 4.2 & below guide, but I was a bit curious as to what to do here. I know it's a noobish question, but I want to be sure before I continue. I already had a 3.3u Twilight Hacked Wii before. I finished all of the Update steps in the guide, finished reinstalling BootMii as a boot2, as well as the Homebrew Channel (I don't care about DVDX). Now I'm making a backup of my files using BootMii. In the Update part of the guide it says "Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall The Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS's." Now does this mean I only have to reinstall the HBC as well as BootMii, or do I need to finish the job with the rest of the steps from Modify 4.2? Sorry if it seems like a noob question, I just didn't want to screw around with anything that wasn't necessary. The wording just made it seem like I just had to reinstall the HBC and that was it, but the guide makes it seem like I need to install everything, and running on less than 5 hours of sleep makes me confused.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
im not sure what this option relates to, but if you installed 1.0.6 of the HBC on 3.3, i guess hes asking you to reinstall it under 4.2. not sure how this willl help, but some apps might require this particular IOS to run.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I thought that was the case, some of the things in that guide were worded a bit oddly or sometimes unnecessary (installing BootMii as both an IOS and boot2. I can install it as a boot2, why do I need it as an IOS?).

Edit: Ok I have a new problem. I got everything done, but on my Wii Menu, in the box that has the Wii Disc Channel (We have Wii Fit Plus inside the Wii), it says Wii System Update. Okay so what do I do to prevent my Wii from screwing me over? Oh and remember, I need to make this idiot proof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed