biggrin.gif

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
23 October 08: Nintendo has (finally) released an update which blocks fakesigning on all IOSes. As usual, updating is not recommended until further details and implications regarding homebrew are examined.

QUOTE said:
* This blocks new installations of anything fakesigned, that is, Homebrew Channel (both new installs and updates), unofficial wads (legal and illegal), Starfall, cIOS, BootMii, anything that installs IOSes secretly like AnyRegion Changer or AnyTitle Deleter, xyzzy and DVDX (used for apps which have DVD support). This list is not exhaustive, but please add to it if you think of anything else.
* This also blocks access to /dev/flash in all IOSes but IOS30, IOS31 and IOS37. This means raw nand dumping utilities, for example Yet Another Wii NAND Dumper, no longer work, since by default homebrew uses IOS35
* If something is already installed then it isn't affected, like Homebrew Channel, etc.
* The homebrew developers are already planning how to work around this update.
* You currently need this update to access the Wii Shop Channel.
* If you already have the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, and aren't planning to install anything big that will affect your Wii, then you are most likely unaffected. Normal everyday apps such as Homebrew Browser are completely unaffected as long as you already have the Homebrew Channel.
* It updates all IOSes with the fakesigning bug, and adds IOS51. .

Source: Wiibrew.org

The System Menu is still 3.3

To regain access to the shop channel without updating to the new 3.3, use these installers:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

If you updated and have a cIOS, you can try using waninkoko's IOS Downgrader v1.0, to regain the IOSes with the signing bug.

turkish_punch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn't seem to post any information about patches, although fixing issues around hacking would either be secretly fixed or under the heading 'Minor security issues fixed.' If they did have a list of specific fixes I would feel compelled to test it out.

PKInferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During the update that tried to kill the Twilight hack, I remember the screen detailing the features of the update mentioning "fixed a data corruption problem with Zelda: Twilight Princess save". Why such a wonderful hack would be considered 'corrupt data' is a mystery...
rolleyes.gif

The last update didn't remove already installed Homebrew Channel, so I don't think the update will be a problem
/speculation

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I suppose this will fix "corrupted channels created by modified save data" or something like that if it does anything bad.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shop channel is saying that there's an update to the shop channel. And you can't go in with out it. So, who wants to take one for the team?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol