Hacking Wii U wireless controller extender hack

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What im trying to find out is what frequency the Wii U / Gamepad talks on, it could be anywhere in a 700mhz range which isnt helpful for antennas :(
It's a modified 5 GHz WLAN. Some WiFi scanners are even able to see it. So for best results search for 5 GHz only WiFi antennas (not 2.4 and 5 GHz hybrids).

I am so proud of this community.
Adding a reflector is actually a great idea to boost range (in one direction only). Maybe tuning the distance between the antennas and the reflector could give even better results.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a modified 5 GHz WLAN. Some WiFi scanners are even able to see it. So for best results search for 5 GHz only WiFi antennas (not 2.4 and 5 GHz hybrids).

Adding a reflector is actually a great idea to boost range (in one direction only). Maybe tuning the distance between the antennas and the reflector could give even better results.
im trying to find where in the 700mhz it uses or if it uses the whole 700mhz then an antenna tuned to around 5400mhz would be the best option.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Subtle Demise

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Wii U does not use Vertically and horizontally polarized antennas for the gamepad like this guide states, having opened mine up i have found that the Gamepad antennas are both vertical and identical in design.

For some reason or another, the WiFi antennas are vertically and horizontally polarized which makes sense but the two antennas differ in design which would imply they are tuned for different frequency's but im sure the WiFi is only 2.4ghz but if it were using different frequency's having a different polarization for each is a strange one and you would opt for both vertical!

Last edited by steve_fox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi