Wii U USB DRIVE NOT RECONGIZED BY COMPUTER

packattack77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a Wii U on system version 5.5.6 and Every time I put A USB in The port, the wii u wants me to format it. if i format it on the wii u, then the computer will want to format it and thats a problem, especailly since i want to homebrew it. any help or suggestions?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal, the Wii U uses it's own format for hard drives that isn't compatible with PC. You're not supposed to plug it in PC there's no reason to. You can't use it for ANYTHING else except the Wii U regardless of how big it is. You add games by adding them to the sd card and installing them not by plugging the hdd into the PC. If you bought a huge HDD thinking you can use it on both Wii U and PC you're incorrect you cannot. Not possible. If you agreed to format it on the PC after formatting it on the Wii U all the games on it are gone.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As already everything is said, this is Nintendo`s anti piracy protection. The WiiU uses a own decrypted filesystem thats incompatible with other operating systems. Once a drive is formated to be used on WiiU it cannot be read and used anywhere else. Homebrewing the WiiU changes nothing in this case.

So for use on vWii you will need a second drive or you need to inject all games seperatly to the WiiU drive which is limited to 300 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality