Hardware wii u usb 250 gb install help

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi ,
got this wii u running CBHC .
i had a 64 gb usb flash drive on which there are few games its connected at the back usb port .
now i want to add more storage so i have got a Toshiba 250 gb external HDD and connected it to the front usb ports with a Y cable .the system asked me to format it which i did .
when i turn the console on its shows booting inot CBHC and then sign on screen ,but after that there is a message on the game pad "please wait " and the bottom right corner the usb log and there is a white wheel circling on it .

1)can the wii u be connected with 2 HDD at one time ..one usb flashdrive and other usb HDD.
2)how much time it will take for the 250 gb HDD to sync ,there are no games on it . do i have to put games for it to sync ??
3)do i have to copy all the games from the 64 gb usb flash drive onto the 250 gb external HDD connected with y cable ,,,can i do it via the system management /data management..
4)how do i copy the games saves the level which the kids have played and saved .
any recommendations from you
thanks

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldnt put games on a flash drive. They will later start corrupting. Trust me, I almost lost my entire botw save file.

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so how do i transfer the games on teh 64gb flash drive to my ext usb HDD ..
can i copy all the content from the flashdrive to my usb HDD via the pc ,,or it will not work ,
do you recommend any other way for this ..
2)the game saves are also on the flash drive ,,how do i transfer them as my kids have nearly finished one game ,,
thanks

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi ,
got this wii u running CBHC .
i had a 64 gb usb flash drive on which there are few games its connected at the back usb port .
now i want to add more storage so i have got a Toshiba 250 gb external HDD and connected it to the front usb ports with a Y cable .the system asked me to format it which i did .
when i turn the console on its shows booting inot CBHC and then sign on screen ,but after that there is a message on the game pad "please wait " and the bottom right corner the usb log and there is a white wheel circling on it .

1)can the wii u be connected with 2 HDD at one time ..one usb flashdrive and other usb HDD.
2)how much time it will take for the 250 gb HDD to sync ,there are no games on it . do i have to put games for it to sync ??
3)do i have to copy all the games from the 64 gb usb flash drive onto the 250 gb external HDD connected with y cable ,,,can i do it via the system management /data management..
4)how do i copy the games saves the level which the kids have played and saved .
any recommendations from you
thanks
Plug the hdd into the y cable into the back of the wii u.
Format.
Turn off the Wii U
Plug the flash drive into the front
Turn on Wii U
Go to settings and transfer your data from the flash drive to the hard drive.

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks will give it a try .
1)Will it transfer the game saves which the kids have played , it’s only for one or two games
2) there are 2 folders by each kids name , I think this is the game saves , how do I transfer just the game saves as I have done the games by now on the 250 gb ext HDD

Thanks once again

Last edited by boxer29,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!