wii u usb 250 gb install help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by boxer29, Nov 26, 2017.

1. boxer29
    OP

boxer29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    hi ,
    got this wii u running CBHC .
    i had a 64 gb usb flash drive on which there are few games its connected at the back usb port .
    now i want to add more storage so i have got a Toshiba 250 gb external HDD and connected it to the front usb ports with a Y cable .the system asked me to format it which i did .
    when i turn the console on its shows booting inot CBHC and then sign on screen ,but after that there is a message on the game pad "please wait " and the bottom right corner the usb log and there is a white wheel circling on it .

1)can the wii u be connected with 2 HDD at one time ..one usb flashdrive and other usb HDD.
    2)how much time it will take for the 250 gb HDD to sync ,there are no games on it . do i have to put games for it to sync ??
    3)do i have to copy all the games from the 64 gb usb flash drive onto the 250 gb external HDD connected with y cable ,,,can i do it via the system management /data management..
    4)how do i copy the games saves the level which the kids have played and saved .
    any recommendations from you
    thanks

2. Kevinpuerta

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    You shouldnt put games on a flash drive. They will later start corrupting. Trust me, I almost lost my entire botw save file.

3. boxer29
    OP

boxer29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    so how do i transfer the games on teh 64gb flash drive to my ext usb HDD ..
    can i copy all the content from the flashdrive to my usb HDD via the pc ,,or it will not work ,
    do you recommend any other way for this ..
    2)the game saves are also on the flash drive ,,how do i transfer them as my kids have nearly finished one game ,,
    thanks

4. music3k

music3k Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2010
    United States
    Plug the hdd into the y cable into the back of the wii u.
    Format.
    Turn off the Wii U
    Plug the flash drive into the front
    Turn on Wii U
    Go to settings and transfer your data from the flash drive to the hard drive.

5. boxer29
    OP

boxer29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    Thanks will give it a try .
    1)Will it transfer the game saves which the kids have played , it’s only for one or two games
    2) there are 2 folders by each kids name , I think this is the game saves , how do I transfer just the game saves as I have done the games by now on the 250 gb ext HDD

Thanks once again

Last edited by boxer29, Nov 29, 2017
  6. Kevinpuerta

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    Saviine or transfering the games also transfers the saves

7. boxer29
    OP

boxer29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014