Wii U Update 4.0 Out

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent update! Playing wii games without the need for a tv is awesome even if you have to use the wii mote. Baby steps Nintendo. Baby steps.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You still need to use a wiimote with the classic controller. No support for gamepad sticks, dpad, or buttons. Maybe they'll come later in an update, but I highly doubt it.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo have added code to vWii ios (58 perhaps?) so that the vWii display is mirrored to the hardware responsible for transmitting over radio. The gamepad just accepts the radio signal.

That is completely different ballgame than adding gamepad input support (buttons etc) to all vWii software.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just think it's unlikely that Nintendo would spend the effort at this point. If it was simple they'd have done it already.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Being able to use the gamepad controls for games with classic controller support like Mario Kart or xenoblade would be great. Using the wiimote in front of the gamepad makes no sense for me personally. Also I don`t care about the other new features.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I have to say to the complainers is stop hating,it's a neat feature to have and a useful one I might add, why is it useful well I'll give you some examples:your no longer tethered to your tv you can bring your wiiu on trips,in the car or the back yard if you have access to electricity,your wiiu is more portable now with more options of games to play,I remember when I had a screen connected to my gamecube I used to take it everywhere work my family's house and play without bothering anyone good times I must say.also to the ppl banking on remote play with the psvita and ps4 good luck on that front cause you need a constant online connection to even try to do what you can with the wiiu let alone buy a vita separate lol.I know I'm happy with the update and looking forward to more improvements from Nintendo in the future.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just something they missed and will rectify it in a future update and will add 16.9. Remember it couldn't have been easy to get Wii mode streaming to the gamepad and now they have bypassed that they can work on other nifty things for wii mode and gamepad. What we got it more than we got for gc mode on wii.

Already found a way to bypass it for now (installed RetroArch forwarder) :P Looks like an issue with HBC alone since the vWii menu looks perfectly normal. Forwarders are the only decent solution for now, and the RetroArch channel's pretty cool :D

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked before and I think it got lost, has anyone else tried Devolution? I can't seem to get it to work after this update, I've only tried it with USB Config Loader (with forwarder and without). I doubt that makes a difference, I figured asking won't hurt though.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked before and I think it got lost, has anyone else tried Devolution? I can't seem to get it to work after this update, I've only tried it with USB Config Loader (with forwarder and without). I doubt that makes a difference, I figured asking won't hurt though.
Worked fine for me loading through usbloader gx, even sent the gamecube image through to the gamepad

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked fine for me loading through usbloader gx, even sent the gamecube image through to the gamepad

Man, that's pretty sweet, now I need a y-cable for HDD so I can use it on USB loaders :P Haven't tried Wii or Gamecube games yet, but I bet they look pretty good on the gamepad.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Huh, ok...I wonder why I'm not getting it to work then? :P It's good to know it's not having trouble for everyone.

#edit#
I realized what it was...it had nothing to do with the update, something about the flash drive I had plugged into the WiiU now to add a bit of storage (until I can afford a proper HDD for just that purpose) was causing it to have a problem. That's kind of annoying, but at least I figured out why it was having trouble.

MrComputerRevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Interesting thing I noticed is that web browser now reports a resolution of 1280x720 instead of 845xsomething (I don't really remember)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1