Wii U Update 4.0 Out

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What bug are you talking about and what exactly did the update break ?
VC games are way better off at 4:3, the way they were designed, the way they were meant to be played.
I respect Nintendo for finally fixing an issue that bothered me ever since I played the first VC game on my Wii and had to manually switch my TV aspect ratio back and forth every time I wanted to play.
If you are talking about your ability to play homebrew on the vWii at 16:9 , you can't exactly blame Nintendo for not supporting soft mods or hacking of their systems now, can you ?
This update a great, best thing I've heard about the Wii U in a long time.
It seems to me that some people just like to complain about everything and always focus on the bad side of things in life, which must be a very sad life.

But not everyone likes 4:3, that's the thing, but it can be bypassed, so no complaints. They shouldn't allow vWii mode to have both modes if both modes don't work, they might as well grey out the 16:9 TV option in the settings.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But not everyone likes 4:3, that's the thing, but it can be bypassed, so no complaints. They shouldn't allow vWii mode to have both modes if both modes don't work, they might as well grey out the 16:9 TV option in the settings.
Well I guess you have a valid point there.
Personally I cannot stand with the wrong aspect ratio, but I recognize that an option would be fair, make everybody happy.

Reactions: the_randomizer

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What bug are you talking about and what exactly did the update break ?
VC games are way better off at 4:3, the way they were designed, the way they were meant to be played.
I respect Nintendo for finally fixing an issue that bothered me ever since I played the first VC game on my Wii and had to manually switch my TV aspect ratio back and forth every time I wanted to play.
If you are talking about your ability to play homebrew on the vWii at 16:9 , you can't exactly blame Nintendo for not supporting soft mods or hacking of their systems now, can you ?
This update a great, best thing I've heard about the Wii U in a long time.
It seems to me that some people just like to complain about everything and always focus on the bad side of things in life, which must be a very sad life.

if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say it at all.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

4.3 is for old tvs and retro systems, we are talking about a gen 6 console released in 2012, not in 1980s, i hate 4.3, and that is why its a bug because the display has gone nuts.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say it at all.
Funny , you are the least interesting person I've seen on these forums in the last 4 - 5 years, all your posts are angry and meaningless and you are always complaining about something.
Youtube changes it's policies, they are ripping us off !
Nintendo pushes a great update, they are breaking something.
Sony are out there trying to rip us off or something, can't quite remember.
Really, try to think positive for a change, and see the bright side of things !
I don't know why do I bother at all to reply to you every now and then.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Entering Miiverse
Snapshot_20131001_021804.jpg

Entering eShop
Snapshot_20131001_021829.jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot_20131001_021721.jpg
    Snapshot_20131001_021721.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 256

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah same here. You can see it here. I also show the Wii Off-TV Play

That's ok, I don't need to see it in video form as I'm living it right now in real life (I was asking just to make sure I wasn't simply seeing what I wanted to see, new update and all).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Any recommendations to playing the game pad in a more comfortable upright position besides my lap? RA looks really good on here.

all 32GB systems came with a pad stand

you could always use the charger cradle without the power plugged into it
or just let it charge and leave the power in there

Reactions: Snailface

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all 32GB systems came with a pad stand

you could always use the charger cradle without the power plugged into it
or just let it charge and leave the power in there

Uh...about that 32 GB bundle and stand.....let's just say I'd rather not elaborate as to why I don't have a cradle or charge stand on this thread ;) It would be far too embarrassing to explain it here. And I thought keeping it plugged in all the time killed the battery faster (unless is has protection against overcharging)?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • A setting to select which cable outputs sound is available through “TV”
    • Users can choose to output sound through an HDMI cable, non-HDMI cable, or both cables at the same time. Click here for instructions
Finally! I've only been requesting this feature from the start! I can finally play games in 1080p via my HDMI->DVI, while still experiencing game audio as well!!!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So does anyone know how to turn on the developer tools in the browser? I don't really care about the vWii stuff as I just use my regular Wii for USB loading of Wii and Gamecube games but the browser developer options sounds interesting.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! I've only been requesting this feature from the start! I can finally play games in 1080p via my HDMI->DVI, while still experiencing game audio as well!!!

About freakin' time they did that! The PS3 does it, now the Wii U, excellent. B-) This just made it a lot more awesome (as if it wasn't already) :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.