Wii U Update 4.0 Out

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you guys are psyched about this yet the controls on the controller don't work?
What's the point of seeing it on the screen then?

So you can use it when people use the TV? Uh, how else will you play games with motion controls? It has a sensor bar in the controller, it says you have to use Wiimotes.

People are saying vWii is getting forced to 4:3 as well as HBC....bollocks.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So you can use it when people use the TV? Uh, how else will you play games with motion controls? It has a sensor bar in the controller, it says you have to use Wiimotes.

If you set the TV Aspect Ratio to 16:9 in your settings, it'll show that way on the gamepad as well. Some titles (SMAS Wii) force 4:3 though.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you set the TV Aspect Ratio to 16:9 in your settings, it'll show that way on the gamepad as well. Some titles (SMAS Wii) force 4:3 though.

Okay, that's different. My TV is set to 16:9 right now (well, my roommate's LCD TV really), so HBC emulators will be fine then? Because if they are, I no longer will be afraid to update.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Well I think it's a great thing that VC games are finally displayed at 4:3 ( the way they were meant to be ) without having to fiddle with the TV remote.
The fact that the HC also is displayed at 4:3 might be just a collateral damage.
However, I find it really great to be finally able to do Wii off screen playing, it was deemed impossible by all of us just yesterday ( as with the Wii hardware wasn't recognized in GC mode on the Wii , it seems only natural that Wii U hardware is not available on vWii mode ) , but still nintendo pulled it off, and got us all by surprise, out of nowhere !

I must say I'm really impressed by this update, naturally the icing on the cake would be a future update allowing at least CC support on the gamepad, for all we know it might still happen !

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think it's a great thing that VC games are finally displayed at 4:3 ( the way they were meant to be ) without having to fiddle with the TV remote.
The fact that the HC also is displayed at 4:3 might be just a collateral damage.
However, I find it really great to be finally able to do Wii off screen playing, it was deemed impossible by all of us just yesterday ( as with the Wii hardware wasn't recognized in GC mode on the Wii , it seems only natural that Wii U hardware is not available on vWii mode ) , but still nintendo pulled it off, and got us all by surprise, out of nowhere !

I must say I'm really impressed by this update, naturally the icing on the cake would be a future update allowing at least CC support on the gamepad, for all we know it might still happen !

Team Fail said that some things are 16:9 as well, so I guess it depends on how the TV is set. I'm not a big fan of 4:3 on big screen, but on the game pad, I guess it isn't as bad :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No! Install USB GX channel and run HB content from there.

But how, that doesn't make sense. Can you even navigate the menus? How do you know what app you're going to launch? Dammit, I don't have it on vWii yet. What's the best way to install it? Load the channel then what? You can't even load a different app on the fly based off what you just said.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get USB Gx channel from their Google code page (vwii veraion) and install it using whatever way you install .wads. Open it and it'll show you a menu, you van select HB stuff at lower right of menu .

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get USB Gx channel from their Google code page (vwii veraion) and install it using whatever way you install .wads. Open it and it'll show you a menu, you van select HB stuff at lower right of menu .

But don't you have to install IOSes before you install the USB Loader? I really hope there will be another solution soon. I'd imagine there'd need to be a new HBC installer to fix this.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can install a channel without having cios with multimodmanager.

Which I have, found the wad, just gotta install. Dang, but that's kind of a pain. They might need to update the HBC installer to fix it, I wonder how it is bypassing the issue though, there's some weird internal workings, that's for sure.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not hacking my vWii, mostly because I still have my old hacked Wii that I am keeping only for homebrew purposes now. So I can't say if any homebrew works on it or not.

Oh right, forgot about that lol. Turns out using USB Loader GX bypasses it and lets people use 16:9, which is weird. Why would installing a channel bypass the supposedly locked aspect ratio? I'm thinking it was some odd side affect.

Maybe I'll update, still on the fence.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question is...how is it knowing what to force into 4:3 and what NOT to (for example...I tried a Wiiware game, it's widescreen...VC game...4:3 (as it ought to be really)). Figure that out and we know why HBC is getting squashed. Something to do with the game code (or whatever it's called) perhaps (the unique letter/number combo all Wii channels/games has)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1