Wii U Update 4.0 Out

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question is, can you use the gamepad controls to play wii games, that dont have any need for motion control.
Man it would be awesome if that would work and we were able to use the second stick to map the controls for camera to. (much like psp games on the vita)

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Posted with my Wii U! I mean the Image.
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01117.jpg

Reactions: T Link7

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question is, can you use the gamepad controls to play wii games, that dont have any need for motion control.
Man it would be awesome if that would work and we were able to use the second stick to map the controls for camera to. (much like psp games on the vita)
No you have to use wii remote.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, Marcan said Wii mode could NOT be ran with the screen on. He said it was a hardware issue. I guess this update shows he was wrong on that point. I looked around and you do need the Wii mote to run games for Wii on the gamepad.

Reactions: the_randomizer

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the Homebrew channel right now on my gamepad (and tv, you can do both at once)!

On both screens it is centered (rather than widescreen like the standard wii menu).

(And for the curious, both the gamepad and console-linked sensor bars are powered)

Reactions: futaris

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still need a Wii mote to play games on the gampad. THIS is sort of toning down the excitement on other forums.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still need a Wii mote to play games on the gampad. THIS is sort of toning down the excitement on other forums.
I don't see why. Baby steps. Seeing as this wasn't expected, let's see where Nintendo takes it next. Most importantly, homebrew status seems OK?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update is nice, just tried devolution withit and had burnout 2 streaming to the game pad, should give a nice preview of what gamecube vc could do

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I got a legit question: will Wii games actually look better on the WiiU gamepad? Games like Skyward Sword turn into a pixelated mess because of the Wii's poor video resolution, but I was wondering if the smaller screen would somehow benefit the games better.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I got a legit question: will Wii games actually look better on the WiiU gamepad? Games like Skyward Sword turn into a pixelated mess because of the Wii's poor video resolution, but I was wondering if the smaller screen would somehow benefit the games better.

Considering the highest res the game pad supports is 480p, Wii games should look great on it

Anywho in other news apparently the eShop and Miiverse are getting an update as well tonight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉