Wii U Update 4.0 Out

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question is...how is it knowing what to force into 4:3 and what NOT to (for example...I tried a Wiiware game, it's widescreen...VC game...4:3 (as it ought to be really)). Figure that out and we know why HBC is getting squashed.

Huh? Could you elaborate? I thought it was a side effect of allowing off-screen play on the game pad.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Could you elaborate? I thought it was a side effect of allowing off-screen play on the game pad.

Well, sure, but there seems to be a reason for what's going on. It squashes VC games to 4:3 for some reason too (which leads me to think it's intended behaviour and for whatever reason HBC got caught in it along with the VC games).

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sure, but there seems to be a reason for what's going on. It squashes VC games to 4:3 for some reason too (which leads me to think it's intended behaviour and for whatever reason HBC got caught in it along with the VC games).

The fact USB Loader GX bypasses this issue is even weirder. Some guess it's related to changes made to IOS59 or something to that effect.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always just install another HB loader, there's a few on WiiBrew. If HBC never gets an update then just use GX or another HB Loader.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always just install another HB loader, there's a few on WiiBrew. If HBC never gets an update then just use GX or another HB Loader.

Trying to figure out how it bypasses the issue, who knows if there will be another update for the HBC installer/hackmii. I never knew USB Loader GX had a homebrew launcher though.

Also, to be clear, it's more that it's the UPDATE than Gamepad/TV mode since it does it with TV Only mode as well.
Right, the issue is present in both modes, kinda annoying, but easily circumvented.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I heard that the USB Loader GX channel there works, anything that doesn't install to the system menu that works though? I kind of doubt it, since if it loads via HBC, thus far it's squashed as HBC is.

Guess I have some things to try. :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that the USB Loader GX channel there works, anything that doesn't install to the system menu that works though? I kind of doubt it, since if it loads via HBC, thus far it's squashed as HBC is.

Guess I have some things to try. :P

He just said it works though, since it seems to have its own app launcher built in. You install the wad for the channel/forwarder and not via HBC.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He just said it works though, since it seems to have its own app launcher built in. You install the wad for the channel/forwarder and not via HBC.

Oh well yes, I know. I meant that loaders that load via HBC seem unlikely to work (I was trying to avoid installing the channel to the system menu). That was worded kind of confusingly on my part, sorry.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow channel will alao load HB and so will Config USB Loader. All in 16:9 as long as they are channels.

Config USB Loader also has a wad for vWii mode or is it more complex than USB Loader GX?

Oh well yes, I know. I meant that loaders that load via HBC seem unlikely to work (I was trying to avoid installing the channel to the system menu). That was worded kind of confusingly on my part, sorry.
No worries :P I really hope there will be a more permanent solution and/or HBC update.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say, is Devolution working for anyone on this update? It just black screens and goes to HBC (or when using the Config USB Loader forwarder, restarts the system). Haven't tried it via anything else yet.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so bout this 4.3 bug, will wii games force into 4.3 too? may have to setup my old wii again because of this problem, sound annoying, can the 4.3 bug be bypassed if you force the ratio back to 16.9 via your tv?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so bout this 4.3 bug, will wii games force into 4.3 too? may have to setup my old wii again because of this problem, sound annoying, can the 4.3 bug be bypassed if you force the ratio back to 16.9 via your tv?

For now, you can try using 16:9 in the settings, if not, using a forwarder or another homebrew launcher fixes it, the issue seems to lie in HBC itself. USB Loader GX or Wiiflow seems to load apps that way, forcing 16:9. It's really weird.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
For now, you can try using 16:9 in the settings, if not, using a forwarder or another homebrew launcher fixes it, the issue seems to lie in HBC itself. USB Loader GX or Wiiflow seems to load apps that way, forcing 16:9. It's really weird.

never installed a forewarder never had the need to so far... from what i have read selecting 16.9 in settings doesn't do anything unless anyone can confirm that it does, there is only one homebrew launcher there is no other apart from the homebrew channel :S like i said before the easiest option right now is dust off the old wii and setup that, less hassle for me imo until something is permanently sorted (doubtful but whatever) this why i hate fk firmware updates, they break more than they are trying to fix.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never installed a forewarder never had the need to so far... from what i have read selecting 16.9 in settings doesn't do anything unless anyone can confirm that it does, there is only one homebrew launcher there is no other apart from the homebrew channel :S like i said before the easiest option right now is dust off the old wii and setup that, less hassle for me imo until something is permanently sorted (doubtful but whatever) this why i hate fk firmware updates, they break more than they are trying to fix.

kongsnutz confirmed to me that it works so ask him about it for more info; I'll take his word for it. It bypasses the issue and allows homebrew to be launched. Stretching can also be done to fill more of the screen too. Wiiflow can be used for emulators too.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What bug are you talking about and what exactly did the update break ?
VC games are way better off at 4:3, the way they were designed, the way they were meant to be played.
I respect Nintendo for finally fixing an issue that bothered me ever since I played the first VC game on my Wii and had to manually switch my TV aspect ratio back and forth every time I wanted to play.
If you are talking about your ability to play homebrew on the vWii at 16:9 , you can't exactly blame Nintendo for not supporting soft mods or hacking of their systems now, can you ?
This update a great, best thing I've heard about the Wii U in a long time.
It seems to me that some people just like to complain about everything and always focus on the bad side of things in life, which must be a very sad life.

Reactions: megazig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.