Hacking Wii U Title Installer: Compatible games ?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiU title installer only let's you install games or apps that are free on the eshop you can't use it for games you need to buy so it's pretty much pointless as you can get the free stuff from the eshop anyway. That is also why the title installer thread has been locked as it is pointless.

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

TitleInstaller can supposedly install anything you can get from the eShop.
However, with the paid stuff, you need to retrieve a certificate from Nintendo, which NUSGrabber and similar tools are incapable of retrieving (unless I'm missing something, or I'm thinking about the original Wii). Without this certificate, the program cannot be decrypted by the console, and will as such fail to install.

Game updates (and apparently free titles) don't have private certificates, and as such can just be installed directly.

So I'm sorry, but there is no piracy with this. :P

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiU title installer only let's you install games or apps that are free on the eshop you can't use it for games you need to buy so it's pretty much pointless as you can get the free stuff from the eshop anyway. That is also why the title installer thread has been locked as it is pointless.

It also lets you install games you already bought before. (Still pointless)

Last edited by Ryuzaki_MrL,

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
69172814.jpg

Meant as a joke, no offense to OP. I just find it funny (and maybe a little annoying) that people managed to download the software from a closed thread for what little time it was in the limelight, and still try to use it despite it being useless and possibly having the ability to brick consoles.

Last edited by CJB100,
Reactions: AmandaRose

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm guessing that trying to install a game to nand downloaded from nus and using a hex edited tik would more than likely cause a brick? Even tho i have two wiiu console not willing to be a guinea pig

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue, I'm not up to date with the Wii U stuff yet. I'd say air on the side of caution.

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know hex editing a tik or tmd with the nus in the right place key lets you decrypt anything from nus, but the rest of the key is just zeros, bound to brick i'd assume. Normally the tik is created at the time of purchase, and it is made for only that console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D