Wii U system update via sd card?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DevilX, Jun 7, 2014.

1. DevilX
    OP

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    Hello everyone just wanted to know if is a way for me to the 4.0.0 update via sd card so i can use the wii u gamepad to see the vwii. currently dumping my vwii nand and i dont wanna turn on wifi so that it updates to 5.0, i have whichever update came with mario 3d world cant check at the moment

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    You're better off updating to 4.1.0, in which case just buy and update with Mario Kart 8, but no, A) you'd have to be in Wii U mode to do any kind of updating and B) you'd probably have to use a USB/hard drive if you were able to do it and the Wii U formats it with an unknown format and encrypts it, so no, for now all we have is disc updates. Dunno what SM3DW has though.

3. DevilX
    OP

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    so for sure mario kart 8 has 4.1?, do any other games have 4.0 or higher?, i know wiiu mode is required =p

4. NWPlayer123

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, it's been confirmed by multiple users that it has 4.1.0. And if you wanted a vague idea of what has 4.0 or higher then just look at the list of games that came out after 30 September 2013, which is when 4.0 came out :P process of elimination.

5. DevilX
    OP

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    thank you sir =)

6. DevilX
    OP

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    screw it im just going to update to 5.0 its safe correct?, hopefully wont block the soon to come wiiu softmods

7. NWPlayer123

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, the bug in the web browser still exists so it's still safe.

8. DevilX
    OP

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    kk thank you very much for your help =), and boy this nand dump takes ages...