uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind ISO loading so long as I didn't have to verify all the discs I already own ;)

Games copy to HDD on PS4 and XBOX, but they require disc to verify.
I wish there was a legit way for the console makers to allow you to copy games to HDD without disc/online verification, but greedy people just want their money.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games copy to HDD on PS4 and XBOX, but they require disc to verify.
I wish there was a legit way for the console makers to allow you to copy games to HDD without disc/online verification, but greedy people just want their money.

Well, if it was a one time verification, but still, it's a PITA. I just hope the Wii U gets some public hacks and eventually a new HBC.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I wouldn't mind ISO loading so long as I didn't have to verify all the discs I already own ;)
A way could be verify the disc just after the app dump the image, also with Devo you only need verify once. I'm not sure if I want an straight ISO loader, it just open the door for piracy.

Anyway don't to turn this in a piracy topic :P, just wanted to say that Nintendo should able you to download the same game free, if you already have the retail copy.

Reactions: NEP

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the SHA1 hash of this key doesn't match with any fail0verflow hash.
It's either fake, or some private key that only works with devkits (most likely).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That "Mario" key is used to decrypt the partition info, title.cert,tmd,ticket and update partition of the super Mario 3d world ISO.
You still need the wii u common-key to decrypt the game data.

So, this release was useless in and of itself, esp. since we need the Wii U common key.

D

Deleted User

So, this release was useless in and of itself, esp. since we need the Wii U common key.

Espresso Wii U ancast key (11 days)

2ba6f692ddbf0b3cd267e9374fa7dd849e80f8ab
Found in the Espresso’s key fuses/OTP. Used to decrypt the Cafe OS kernel at load time. Disabled by the boot ROM until reset.

Note that the previous two hashes are contained in this file, and it is the SHA-1 hash of that file that we posted on the 11th day.

Wii U common key (30 days)

6a0b87fc98b306ae3366f0e0a88d0b06a2813313
Found in the Starbuck’s OTP. Used to decrypt the specific title key for every Wii U application (this is done at installation time for system firmware and installable titles, and at load time for disc games). Note that Cafe OS and Starbuck binaries are double-encrypted with their own ancast keys too.

https://fail0verflow.com/blog/2014/console-hacking-2013-omake.html

Do you think these keys will do the trick for decryption of ISO dumps?

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exciting stuff! i remember back when the ps3 sdks got leaked and now we have cobra firmwares.

I'm ok with ODE's, I hate having to spend a ton of money but I do like the convenience of playing digital media rather than discs.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sylantemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marcan and his friends are smart.
They got to the bootrom, etc first.

I wonder who else is interested in hacking the Wii U like marcan and his friends?

I've been studying what information is available, but I don't have the time to work on anything because of school conflicts... Nor am I near as skilled as people like Marcan. Still, I want to be able to contribute some sort of knowledge this summer.

Marionumber1 up there claims to be working on something, and is backed by some pretty credible people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh