Wii U SD Slot replacement

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Vinícius, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Vinícius
    OP

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Hello, I recently purchased a used Wii U. The seller did not inform me, but the SD card reader is damaged. During the unlock process, I tried in every way to make the console read the card, but in the end, my suspicion was true and the problem really is the card reader.

After searching, I found the spare part for a very low price. But I have not found anywhere a specific guide to soldering the Wii U SD slot.

Is it the same soldering process as an ordinary SD reader? Does it require any special care?

This video was the most specific and well filmed that I found:

Following his footsteps, will that be how I solve my problem?

Sorry for my bad english

2. Vinícius
    OP

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Well, I opened the console and removed the metal cover from the card reader. Everything seemed normal, only two connectors were looking "crooked", I picked up a needle and gently adjusted their direction, but nothing changed. The console recognizes the card but does not read it.

I already formatted in fat32 in 32 and 64. I have two cards, a 2gb SD that came in my 3DS and a 16gb HC microsd. Both recognize on the computer, both give the same error in the console.

I already bought a replacement part, but would anyone have any other hypothesis of what could be the problem?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted