Wii U Pro controller working on n3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Phanton, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Phanton
    OP

Phanton GBAtemp's Nui lover

Sep 9, 2015
    Argentina
    This might be impossible, or just a silly question but has anybody tried to make a Wii U Pro controller work on a new 3ds? Since we already got video streaming going, this would be a nice addition, or hell even without it.

2. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    ugh the title was misleading made me think this is a release :\

anyway

short answer: no
    medium answer: never ever

long ass answer:
    no, this is not ever possible. The Wii U Pro controller connects through Bluetooth. Something the (n)3DS does not even have at all.

EpicLPer likes this.
  3. Cat Prince

Cat Prince Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    Well I'm pretty sure it'd be possible if you connected it to your PC first and someone made a program to send inputs to the 3DS over WiFi but afaik said program doesn't exist. I'm sure ShinyQuagsire did do something like this using a GameCube controller but it was never released publicly. Plus there was also a bit of an input delay in the tech demos so it wouldn't be as useful as you might expect.

4. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Agreed. The only use for this would be if

1) possible on-the-go (coz after all that's the core idea of 3DS being a handheld)
    2) possible without input delay
    3) possible without extra hardware in between (i.e. PC)

And since 3DS doesn't have bluetooth (to my annoyance, I want to use my bluetooth headset dammit) the controller can in no means directly connect

Cat Prince likes this.
  5. Phanton
    OP

Phanton GBAtemp's Nui lover

Sep 9, 2015
    Argentina
    I understand why a direct connection wouldn't be possible, but since there is a way to send 3ds inputs to a computer (see 3ds controller) doing that but backwards sounded possible (from an ignorant perspective) and since there is a way to use the Pro controller for PC games already...

6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    But What would work....... is a wii u gamepad

7. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Aww I thought this was a release. Try to put a question mark on the end of the title next time please.

8. chaosrunner

chaosrunner Substitute Soul Reaper

Banned
    Sep 27, 2015
    Canada
    Hueco Mundo
    click bait dam it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubsy Bobcat likes this.
  9. 59672

59672 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Canada
    Two totally different situations there. Reading inputs and sending them on the fly to some software listening on an open port of your computer is one thing. Having the 3ds always listening, always using wifi is another. It would either use up too many 3ds resources or have far too much latency, if not both. Adding in controls just simply isn't a good option for a handheld without it being designed with that functionality in mind. Even nintendo's attempt with the circle pad pro was pretty awful in implementation, needing roughly 5% CPU overhead just to implement the damn thing in use.

10. UyakenCracken

UyakenCracken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Damn mother boobin' clickbait

11. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    Dude, come on.