s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi guys,

I am new to all this and was thinking to use some hacks on my wii u.

I started to try and install some software in my wii u and ended up with code 160-0103. My Wii u is on 5.5.1 firmware.

Okay this is what I did that I think has created this error 160-0103.

I downloaded these softwares;
WUP Installer Mod Y
Homebrew Launcher
HBL CBHC
HAXCHI

I installed the game called Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day and a video online said you need to install haxchi over the game. I installed the game Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day with cfwbooter and then installed the Haxchi over the game. Then the video said I have to install CBHC. Did it. The video said I have to shut down the console and reboot it again. This is where wii u does not boot again anymore.

It gets to a black screen with error code 160-0103 and that there is a problem with the system memory.

Some people say it's a code that says your wii is dead (Prick).

Any help? Anyone has any ideas how to do anything?

I did remove the battery, nothing happened. I still can't get to wii menu anymore.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:FACEDESK:

You followed a video which is your first mistake

What bricked you was you installed cbhc on a non legit title. The wii u is booting a non legit title as homemenu without sig patches. Your fucked.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake
D

Deleted User

Rest in peace Wii U.
You've seen a better days, before they decided to put CBHC on you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What bricked you was you installed cbhc on a non legit title. The wii u is booting a non legit title as homemenu without sig patches. Your fucked.
Hardmod would work right? Implying that @OP has full NAND backup.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rest in peace Wii U.
No it isn't CBHC's fault. It was the OP being stupid and installing CBHC over a NON LEGIT TITLE

Hardmod should work but chances are they don't have a nand backup. (cause they followed video guide)

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

You mean there is nothing I can do? Is there a way to fully reset the wii u? I mean there has to be something that fully restores wii to what it was. Do you think wii can accept it and repair it? Please go easy on me. :D

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
You mean there is nothing I can do? Is there a way to fully reset the wii u? I mean there has to be something that fully restores wii to what it was. Do you think wii can accept it and repair it? Please go easy on me. :D
Unfortunately there is very little chance you are going to get your WiiU back, especially if you don't have a slc dump, sorry.

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Rest in peace Wii U.

What do you mean by NON LEGIT TITLE? I really have no idea.
Rest in peace Wii U.

Is there a way I can do that hardmod you speak about?

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

Is there a way I can do that hardmod you speak about?
The base game on which you install CBHC must be purchased from the shop. If you install it with wupinstaller it's called 'non legit', meaning it's not properly signed and thus cannot be launched without a cfw, which is not available at boot time. Hence the error.

Last edited by Hikari06,

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Unfortunately there is very little chance you are going to get your WiiU back, especially if you don't have a slc dump, sorry.

And how do I know if I have it or not? I mean that slc dump. All I wanted to do is to install a custom firmware via a video on youtube. I was following all steps very careful.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have needed a full nand dump and a hardmod. You likely don't have either sadly :(

Games not bought from eshop
And how do I know if I have it or not? I mean that slc dump. All I wanted to do is to install a custom firmware via a video on youtube. I was following all steps very careful.
Chances are you don't have one if your asking.

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well if you don't know if you have it, that means you don't, since this is something you have to do manually.

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
This is the video I tried because of the year. It says 2017 and I thought it is a better way of doing it.

I installed the game using this video: and I also could install many games with the steps from this video.

D

Deleted User

Aw man. You screwed up by installing non-legit Brain Age and overwriting Haxchi & CBHC over it.
fw.img is outdated....

Well, SLC is signed to each console? I think slc from other Wii U's won't work on yours so don't go to your friends house to get a slc dump.

plastikman187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hindsight is always 20/20 but you should have been following this guide https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki. There is a HUGE warning that you should have heeded.

BRICK WARNING
Coldboothax is dangerous. If things aren't setup correctly before we move on, this will brick your console. Make sure you have done the following:

• Haxchi is functional.
    • It doesn't matter what it's currently booting to. If it boots any kind of homebrew (Homebrew Launcher, RetroArch, Mocha CFW, etc) then you're good.
  • Haxchi is on your internal memory/ sysNAND.
    • This means that your Haxchi title should be on your Wii U. If it is on USB, it will not work.
I am not responsible if you brick your Wii U.

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You would have needed a full nand dump and a hardmod. You likely don't have either sadly :(

Games not bought from eshop

Chances are you don't have one if your asking.

Well I do have some games for wii. They are in the USB hard disk. I installed them using wupinstaller which I downloaded with a software called FunKii-UI-2.1.5. I did not get them from eshop.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the video I tried because of the year. It says 2017 and I thought it is a better way of doing it.

I installed the game using this video: and I also could install many games with the steps from this video.

Look what it says 17 seconds into the video. You messed up

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the video I tried because of the year. It says 2017 and I thought it is a better way of doing it. snip

I installed the game using this video: snip and I also could install many games with the steps from this video.
Titles of videos can be updated to say it is up to date when it isn't you know.

So you're completely fucked since you installed cbhc over a title that isn't legit. Both videos use sysnand so you have no nand dump

Well I do have some games for wii. They are in the USB hard disk. I installed them using wupinstaller which I downloaded with a software called FunKii-UI-2.1.5. I did not get them from eshop.
You had to buy the game for cbhc... Otherwise it is a complete brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+