Wii U possible brick. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by s0ul1984, Feb 7, 2017.

1. s0ul1984
    OP

s0ul1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Swaziland
    Hi guys,

I am new to all this and was thinking to use some hacks on my wii u.

I started to try and install some software in my wii u and ended up with code 160-0103. My Wii u is on 5.5.1 firmware.

Okay this is what I did that I think has created this error 160-0103.

I downloaded these softwares;
    WUP Installer Mod Y
    Homebrew Launcher
    HBL CBHC
    HAXCHI

I installed the game called Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day and a video online said you need to install haxchi over the game. I installed the game Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day with cfwbooter and then installed the Haxchi over the game. Then the video said I have to install CBHC. Did it. The video said I have to shut down the console and reboot it again. This is where wii u does not boot again anymore.

It gets to a black screen with error code 160-0103 and that there is a problem with the system memory.

Some people say it's a code that says your wii is dead (Prick).

Any help? Anyone has any ideas how to do anything?

I did remove the battery, nothing happened. I still can't get to wii menu anymore.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    :FACEDESK:

You followed a video which is your first mistake

What bricked you was you installed cbhc on a non legit title. The wii u is booting a non legit title as homemenu without sig patches. Your fucked.

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  3. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Rest in peace Wii U.
    You've seen a better days, before they decided to put CBHC on you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hardmod would work right? Implying that @OP has full NAND backup.

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    No it isn't CBHC's fault. It was the OP being stupid and installing CBHC over a NON LEGIT TITLE

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hardmod should work but chances are they don't have a nand backup. (cause they followed video guide)

jbuck1975 and Felek666 like this.
  5. s0ul1984
    OP

s0ul1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Swaziland
    You mean there is nothing I can do? Is there a way to fully reset the wii u? I mean there has to be something that fully restores wii to what it was. Do you think wii can accept it and repair it? Please go easy on me. :D

6. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    When the video says download a ds game it means from eshop.

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  7. Hikari06

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Unfortunately there is very little chance you are going to get your WiiU back, especially if you don't have a slc dump, sorry.

8. s0ul1984
    OP

s0ul1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Swaziland

What do you mean by NON LEGIT TITLE? I really have no idea.
    Is there a way I can do that hardmod you speak about?

9. Columbo2811

Jul 19, 2015
    It's fucked you need a whole nand backup. A legit title meaning you pay for it from the eshop. That's how cbhc works

10. Hikari06

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    The base game on which you install CBHC must be purchased from the shop. If you install it with wupinstaller it's called 'non legit', meaning it's not properly signed and thus cannot be launched without a cfw, which is not available at boot time. Hence the error.

Last edited by Hikari06, Feb 7, 2017
  11. Columbo2811

Jul 19, 2015
    Show us this video (paste the link here) just so we can see if you fucked up or the guy who done the video. I'm interested:)

weatMod and Reecey like this.
  12. s0ul1984
    OP

s0ul1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Swaziland

And how do I know if I have it or not? I mean that slc dump. All I wanted to do is to install a custom firmware via a video on youtube. I was following all steps very careful.

13. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You would have needed a full nand dump and a hardmod. You likely don't have either sadly :(

Games not bought from eshop
    Chances are you don't have one if your asking.

14. Hikari06

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Well if you don't know if you have it, that means you don't, since this is something you have to do manually.

15. s0ul1984
    OP

s0ul1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Swaziland
    This is the video I tried because of the year. It says 2017 and I thought it is a better way of doing it.

I installed the game using this video: and I also could install many games with the steps from this video.

16. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Aw man. You screwed up by installing non-legit Brain Age and overwriting Haxchi & CBHC over it.
    fw.img is outdated....

Well, SLC is signed to each console? I think slc from other Wii U's won't work on yours so don't go to your friends house to get a slc dump.

17. plastikman187

plastikman187 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    hindsight is always 20/20 but you should have been following this guide https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki. There is a HUGE warning that you should have heeded.

BRICK WARNING
    Coldboothax is dangerous. If things aren't setup correctly before we move on, this will brick your console. Make sure you have done the following:

• Haxchi is functional.
      • It doesn't matter what it's currently booting to. If it boots any kind of homebrew (Homebrew Launcher, RetroArch, Mocha CFW, etc) then you're good.
    • Haxchi is on your internal memory/ sysNAND.
      • This means that your Haxchi title should be on your Wii U. If it is on USB, it will not work.
    I am not responsible if you brick your Wii U.

18. s0ul1984
    OP

s0ul1984 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Swaziland
    Well I do have some games for wii. They are in the USB hard disk. I installed them using wupinstaller which I downloaded with a software called FunKii-UI-2.1.5. I did not get them from eshop.

19. Columbo2811

Jul 19, 2015
    Look what it says 17 seconds into the video. You messed up

20. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Titles of videos can be updated to say it is up to date when it isn't you know.

So you're completely fucked since you installed cbhc over a title that isn't legit. Both videos use sysnand so you have no nand dump

You had to buy the game for cbhc... Otherwise it is a complete brick.