Hacking Wii U possible brick. HELP!!!

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You know, pulling Wii U's (BIOS) battery is like cutting your head off.
It makes things worse than before.

Usually that works with computers. When I install new ram or graphics card, the motherboard can create some errors and removing battery cleans the bios. Again, I am new to wii u and I thought by removing battery, I could clean this error and maybe the wii u can boot up.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
The gamepad is worth more here in England than the console itself. We can get a replacement console only for like 45 quid. Have a look on eBay for console only deals.

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well..you could give it to some poor kids instead of going bananas :D

I am not going to ask for any money. Some guys I know have wii and maybe they can replace the fans with the one I have or the cd player. I'm not going to ask them for any money for a dead console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The gamepad is worth more here in England than the console itself. We can get a replacement console only for like 45 quid. Have a look on eBay for console only deals.

The only games I like on wii was the mario games. I am more a PC gamer and play many games online. Graphics in wii u is really bad. It's like a pc graphics card that is over 10 years old. An example was playing Sonic all star racing transformer. The wii version has a very bad graphics but on PC it is so clean.

This wii was given to me as a price in a game we played.

I'll see what I can do.

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It never ceases to amaze me how many people follow videos when hacking.
Given 99% of them are full of errors, it's the most stupid thing to do.

I agree with you, I should not have done this BUT a friend of mine has PS3 and he did this via youtube video and it worked. I mean in every video I watched, people did give good feedback.

My problem was with me and not with the person who made the video. I should have not done this. As many people say it here, I should have bought a game via the eshop. I did not do that and boom.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol u don't have to wait til the next year... nothing will revive your console..
Throw it away... and by the way how does it feel to waste 260$?
Hopefully your mom won't kill you

Last edited by MeAndHax,

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It never ceases to amaze me how many people follow videos when hacking.
Given 99% of them are full of errors, it's the most stupid thing to do.
It's dumb unless it's something so little like browser exploit homebrew. A9LH for 3ds is a whole different story. CBHC is so simple if you just look at fix94s thread...you should be able to understand it through text...

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Welp there's nothing more to say about this issue that what is said on the video above.

Ahh come on man. I am not going to die because I got this wii u for free and killed it. I didn't come here to be insulted. I came here to find some help. If you can't help, you don't have to call me an idiot. I am not even thinking twice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol u don't have to wait til the next year... nothing will revive your console..
Throw it away... and by the way how does it feel to waste 260$?
Hopefully your mom won't kill you

I am 32 years old my friend and have my own life. I got this wii u for free 2 years ago and I did not even touch it. It's new. I wanted to try it and faild. Nothing to worry. I can buy 10 more wii u consoles. It's not that I am poor. I came here to see if people have ideas to save the wii u and not save me from buying another one. I don't mind buying another one. It's just I thought maybe people can give me some tips to bring it back to life.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually that works with computers. When I install new ram or graphics card, the motherboard can create some errors and removing battery cleans the bios. Again, I am new to wii u and I thought by removing battery, I could clean this error and maybe the wii u can boot up.
Dude I'm sorry but if you're using "remove the bios battery" as a method for troubleshooting PC drivers then you shouldn't be trying to hack anything! That only resets the bios to factory defaults. You don't have to physically remove the battery to accomplish this.

All I'm saying is, just follow directions to the T. I understand why you would have logic'd (made up word) it out in your head that since you were able to use WUP installer and install other games "hey why do I have to pay for a game from eshop since I know how to make it work?". But this is where your spidey sense should have clicked in and you should have come here and asked.

The reason you have to buy the game is because it has to be able to boot the game with a valid ticket at boot time when no tricks or hacks are in play.

Your other games work because they use a ticket trick to fool your Wii U into thinking that you are playing a game that is on a disc. This won't work at boot time. Simply downloading a non legit version of the DS game won't cut it. Has to be valid and purchased from the eshop. Then installed and tested to make sure the game plays. Only then would you move on to haxchi and CBHC

Last edited by Kafluke,

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I just use haxchi. Dont have to worry about a brick I also get nand backups as soon as I can In case somthing fucks up like This.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is why I just use haxchi. Dont have to worry about a brick I also get nand backups as soon as I can In case somthing fucks up like This.
CBHC is pretty safe as long as you know what you're doing and you are the only user of the console. If it is to be used by kids unaware of the risks, I wouldn't bother installing CBHC. Kids will always find a way to f*c* up things. And really, all CBHC does is save you from clicking the Haxchi title once after booting the console. Risks to advantages ratio not really worthwhile, at least for me.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway the gamepad is worth 60 to 90 euros depending on conditions. Either sell it or keep it as a spare if you're going to buy another WiiU.

s0ul1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dude I'm sorry but if you're using "remove the bios battery" as a method for troubleshooting PC drivers then you shouldn't be trying to hack anything! That only resets the bios to factory defaults. You don't have to physically remove the battery to accomplish this.

All I'm saying is, just follow directions to the T. I understand why you would have logic'd (made up word) it out in your head that since you were able to use WUP installer and install other games "hey why do I have to pay for a game from eshop since I know how to make it work?". But this is where your spidey sense should have clicked in and you should have come here and asked.

The reason you have to buy the game is because it has to be able to boot the game with a valid ticket at boot time when no tricks or hacks are in play.

Your other games work because they use a ticket trick to fool your Wii U into thinking that you are playing a game that is on a disc. This won't work at boot time. Simply downloading a non legit version of the DS game won't cut it. Has to be valid and purchased from the eshop. Then installed and tested to make sure the game plays. Only then would you move on to haxchi and CBHC

Thank you for your best reply. I respect you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la