Hacking Wii U pad with vWii?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiilflow crashes when I load it and usbloadergx just freezes(these are the forward channels I'm referring to). Any suggestions?

edit: Never mind, the problem just went away on it's own.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That'd be neat but, if vWii mode runs like a virtual machine. Then it means a Wii U mode hack is required before we can even think of tricking vWii mode that the GamePad is a Classic Controller Pro. But when it becomes a reality, this with Nintendont would give us something really close to a portable GC without any sorts of modding to run everything on a battery.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
vwii bracket.JPG

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Need one for the classic controller.
That's what I thought first ... but I can't imagine where to mount the thing and still balance well.

You'd have to take it apart and re-wire it or something.
(I'm sure there's still a market for a custom classic controller like that, though)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought first ... but I can't imagine where to mount the thing and still balance well.

You'd have to take it apart and re-wire it or something.
(I'm sure there's still a market for a custom classic controller like that, though)

Ugh. Just wondering. Maybe someday emulators will support the Gamepad, but that would require extra programming. :P

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we only need to be patient and the next Nintendo update will likely support classic controller on gamepad in vWii mode.....look Nintendo is showing more and more that they are being 'responsive' to customers desires.....heck people have bitched since its release and they finally got the dual audio output (which helps me a lot actually becuase the HDMI ports on my TV are blown but I have a DVI port and am using an hdmi switcher and an AV switcher to make it all work....all my other devices have dual output so no problem but with WiiU, now solved). They also gave us WiiU pro controller support in the NSMB update which was something people moaned about.....now that we have vWii on gamepad people are going to moan about no controlls and whamo they will deliver it.....it just makes sense and so many people have invested in VC libraries that they are going to want to treat them right. Personally I can't wait because I want sooooo badly to play Xenoblade and 007 again on the gamepad and never got to the last story or pandoras tower...because I have a wife and my ability to play lengthy games offTV is so much greater because I have to share the big screen or leave the room and that doesn't make you real popular....with the gamepad I get to play my console quality games in my hands and continue to feign interest in Sister Wives and HGTV.....brilliant.

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...because I have a wife and my ability to play lengthy games offTV is so much greater because I have to share the big screen or leave the room and that doesn't make you real popular....with the gamepad I get to play my console quality games in my hands and continue to feign interest in Sister Wives and HGTV.....brilliant.

Preach it brother! I'm right there with ya!

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only trouble with using WiiU pad controls on vWii is that it would take over the player 1 wiimote controller slot. There'd have to be a toggle of some kind where it would act either as a classic controller with no pointer or disconnect and allow a real wiimote+attachments to use that slot. I believe this is why Nintendo didn't implement this functionality because the could not figure out an elegant way to do so. Its also possible that vWii is still unaware of the gamepad at all, and the only hooks into the display take place in hardware outside of vWii awareness.

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only trouble with using WiiU pad controls on vWii is that it would take over the player 1 wiimote controller slot. There'd have to be a toggle of some kind where it would act either as a classic controller with no pointer or disconnect and allow a real wiimote+attachments to use that slot. I believe this is why Nintendo didn't implement this functionality because the could not figure out an elegant way to do so. Its also possible that vWii is still unaware of the gamepad at all, and the only hooks into the display take place in hardware outside of vWii awareness.

What if Nintendo did it as an attachment to the Wiimote, so you'd keep player 1 and the gamepad would just implement as a classic controller?

y5xi.jpg

Not practical... But just a thought...

Reactions: Maxternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==