Wii U pad with vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by zpoyusa, Sep 29, 2013.

1. zpoyusa
    OP

zpoyusa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2013
    United States
    Is it possible (now or in the future) to use the Wii U Pad with the vWii menu? Specifically with emulators in the Homebrew Menu.

I've searched for this but had problems finding anything relevant. I realize that it would be completely ridiculous to use it with regular Wii games, but I think it would be awesome to use it for N64 or SNES emulators. From looking around, it doesn't seem like it is working now but is this even possible?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    In vWii, I doubt it. A WiiU-mode hack would likely be needed.

3. zpoyusa
    OP

zpoyusa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2013
    United States
    That is what I figured but I wasn't sure. Thanks. That sucks then. Oh well. I'll just have to wait for that hack then. Or maybe connecting the pad to a PC and running emulators from there.

4. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I got slightly excited and then I realized this was a question.

5. Anxxxious8701

Anxxxious8701 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I'm looking for that to happen too. If only I had the know how to do it

6. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    These kind of topics have popped up many times before. If you search a little bit you'd learn that accessing any of the new Wii U hardware (which includes the Gamepad) requires a Wii U mode hack. Running emulators on the gamepad is the primary reason I want Wii U mode hacked, and why I hate fail0verflow for their "we don't want warez" standpoint. Newsflash: There are legitimate reasons besides warez and crappy homebrew games to want a console hacked.

7. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    The new Wii U update lets you do this. Be happy.

RedCoreZero and Bobbybangin like this.
  8. OrgaMecha4253

OrgaMecha4253 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2012
    I just came here to say this haha
    Still need wii remote for games but I thought the gamepad controls could work with games that use the classic controller like xenoblade and virtual console

9. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Wait, source plz !?!?!

At first I thought this was just a troll comment but now two people is enough to catch my curiosity ... I didn't think this was going to be at all possible

10. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
  11. Maxternal

Nov 15, 2011
    I was actually thinking the same thing. From what I was TOLD about the way vWii mode works, I couldn't even contemplate how that would be accomplished without a complete redo of how Wii mode works. I hope this doesn't screw up Wii mode homebrew in the process. :(

Ray Lewis likes this.
  12. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, Maxternal, remember Marcan and others saying the screen on gamepad COULD NOT WORK WITH WII??? I guess this shows he was wrong. He said it was a hardware issue. I guess Nintendo put in a work around;-)

RedCoreZero likes this.
  13. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
  14. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    So vWii has now access to Wii U resources? Maybe I'm reading too much in it, maybe it's just another IOS that handles Gamepad, interesting nonetheless, it would be possible that hackers now play with the Gamepad :lol:

15. Maxternal

Nov 15, 2011
    It's possible what it's really doing it running Wii software in a virtual machine while still in Wii U mode (something like that was what I contemplated being the homebrew software version of a fix to this problem but looks like Nintendo may have beaten us to it) but in that case, I would guess there would be a lot of problems with us trying to do ARM side hacking and some direct processor access stuff .. both of which are used in 3-core programming (which is a shame)

... but Wii gamepad support would be pretty spiffy

Ray Lewis likes this.
  16. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Does vWii run in 3-core processor? I though it had an independient embebed CPU.

17. CompC

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    Wii homebrew still works but it's getting squished for some reason. On both the GamePad and the TV, any Wii homebrew (even Wii games started through homebrew like USB Loader GX) are rendered in 16:9 widescreen then squished to 4:3 and displayed with black bars on the sides. :/

18. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Woah really? Any one want to chime in on this?

19. CompC

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    I've uploaded a video for people who haven't or aren't updating because of this. Here's what it looks like:

20. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Ive been looking for a away to play rockband drums without having to haul my drums downstairs all the time. This might just be the ticket.