Wii U modding : noob question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TheMynx, Jun 11, 2016.

1. TheMynx
    OP

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    Hey y'all
    My Smash DVD and Monster Hunter 3 U DVD recently stopped working, and I'd like to dump the content, but I was wondering, since the games are unplayable would the dumps be also unplayable?

Ty in advance

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    "Stopped working" or "doesn't work" are not helpful when you are trying to explain your problem, please explain exactly what doesn't work and what happens when you try to play the games. Maybe there is a solution to your problem.
    Are you talking about Brawl or Smash 4? Because Wii U games don't use DVDs and Brawl is well known for having read problems on Wiis due to being dual layer, which might also apply to the Wii U. I assume you meant Smash 4 since MH3U is obviously a Wii U game, just making sure.
    Either way, if the games won't work you probably wouldn't be able to dump them either.

3. TheMynx
    OP

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    By won't work, I mean :
    MH3U , I can launch the game but at times like fightingthe Alatreon the game stops reading
    Smash 4 , I can't even launch the game, the logo won't show up and the game disc won't reaad.
    Also I'm used to calling Blu-rays DVDs, I know they're two different things though

MegaSuperab2 likes this.
  4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Umm, if the wii u cant read the disc, i dont think a dump will help you, since the game cant be dumped if it cant be read. But well, just try it.

5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    I have had the Sm4sh disc not work for a bit after modding it incorrectly. So can you give more information? Like what were you doing before this? I have heard (and it actually works in my experience) that when it says can't read disc, take the disc out and blow into the disc slot. Insert the disc and see if it loads. It might not read disc if your going into Smash menu or Online and just do the same thing over again.

6. TheMynx
    OP

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    First of all, thank you for the support.
    Next, I have not modded Sm4sh before, I bought it end of 2014 and it only worked for 4 hours which after it won't let me launch the game at all. I'm confident the game itself works, but it won't let me start it. I'll try blowing into the disc reader although I doubt that'll work, but hey, I got nothing to lose

7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Then You should have give the Game back lol

8. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Well, all I can tell you is good luck.

9. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Let me try and answer your question.

You can dump all the content with DDD. You haven't lost anything. But you will need a playable disc to perform the dump. Borrow, rent, buy and return, whatever you have to do to get a disc temporarily long enough to dump with DDD. The disc is required.