Hardware Wii U - Missing Disc-Channel?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I want to sell my second Wii U (which I used to test some stuff I made with Unity).
I unlinked my NNID, formatted the Wii U and recognized that there's no Disc Channel o.o

Don't know how THAT could happen, but I can't sell it without recovering the Disc Channel :S
Anyone who can help me out with that?
The console is on 5.5.1E
16508690_140695229266ojk6u.jpg

I checked all pages in Home Menu but no Disc channel is available :(

Ne2buntu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a known issue of RegionHax. If it is your problem, vWii channel should have disappear too.

To resolve that remove RegionHax (replace the regionfree number by your original) and create a new account (or reformat the Wii U again) and your disc Channel should be back.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a known issue of RegionHax. If it is your problem, vWii channel should have disappear too.

To resolve that remove RegionHax (replace the regionfree number by your original) and create a new account (or reformat the Wii U again) and your disc Channel should be back.
Thank your for this info! For EUR it was 4, right?

gildenilson

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Guys,

I want to sell my second Wii U (which I used to test some stuff I made with Unity).
I unlinked my NNID, formatted the Wii U and recognized that there's no Disc Channel o.o

Don't know how THAT could happen, but I can't sell it without recovering the Disc Channel :S
Anyone who can help me out with that?
The console is on 5.5.1E

I checked all pages in Home Menu but no Disc channel is available :(
Have you fixed it? I have the same problem, I just bought my Wii U and I can not use my disk

gildenilson

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yea, it was because I've patched my WiiU to Regionfree via CFW.
After setting it back to default + Factory Reset everything worked fine.
I'll find out how I can do this, it's only been 1 day since I got Wii U and there's a lot I have not learned yet. Maybe the previous owner did something like this.
If I need you could you help me?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! How were you able to do it? What's the procedure? I have the same issue.
You will need to hack the Wii U, assuming it is not currently hacked. Start here: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/
I'm not comfortable writing steps personally since I don't know the methods well enough. You need to edit system.xml in the Wii U NAND and any incorrect changes to this file can brick the console.
Have a look at this for an idea of what it involves: https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/ (you would be reversing the changes so changing the number back to whatever it was originally rather than doing exactly what it says there)
However, this guide is quite outdated and using old methods. The modern way of doing it would be using a FTP server and client to access the Wii U files, rather than using wupserver and wupclient. The old way might still work on current firmware, I'm not sure. Also the steps are not that well explained and assume you already have some knowledge about Wii U hacking. And as said, any incorrect changes to the file can lead to a brick so it's not really a good idea to mess with it without some knowledge.
I couldn't find a better guide. I'm actually impressed the other guy managed to figure it out so quickly as the steps I found are not really noob friendly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to hack the Wii U, assuming it is not currently hacked. Start here: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/
I'm not comfortable writing steps personally since I don't know the methods well enough. You need to edit system.xml in the Wii U NAND and any incorrect changes to this file can brick the console.
Have a look at this for an idea of what it involves: https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/ (you would be reversing the changes so changing the number back to whatever it was originally rather than doing exactly what it says there)
However, this guide is quite outdated and using old methods. The modern way of doing it would be using a FTP server and client to access the Wii U files, rather than using wupserver and wupclient. The old way might still work on current firmware, I'm not sure. Also the steps are not that well explained and assume you already have some knowledge about Wii U hacking. And as said, any incorrect changes to the file can lead to a brick so it's not really a good idea to mess with it without some knowledge.
I couldn't find a better guide. I'm actually impressed the other guy managed to figure it out so quickly as the steps I found are not really noob friendly.
It's actually sysprod.xml . If you mess up the region , the disc channel will disappear. Not sure if apps will work, so he may need to use the recovery menu, which should be able to fix it. I left my regionhax, after it was no longer needed, due to danger, but I did keep the original. Not worth it though as it's not hurting anything.

Wesley_White

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How would I do that, I have the same problem
Post automatically merged:

How would I do that? I have the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over