1. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

United States
    Anyone know if something like this has been made for the original Wii

2. purplegreendave

Newcomer

Canada
    Having the same problem. Half my Wii games end up back on the main page, the other half stay in the folder.

3. vbarros22

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    This is a great app. I would love to see more love with that, very useful

4. oleguer

oleguer Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    @Yardape8000 you know what I need to install/inject game only for one user??? (I think need edit the barista I try to make a backup for my barista file (using ftpiiu everywhere for cbhc) of all three users on wil u and install the games "filtered" for one and recover the barista file on the other two but something is wrong because the barista system show error and when reboot the barista file is the same.... any idea??) my intention is "simple" I want to install games only can display & use by the user make install, no for the others, because the default install option is install for all users.... you knows any option??

EDIT: I think if I can lock the update of barista file using "ftpiiu everywhere" (or any other app) to wiiu can't update the barista file??? (my intention is "simple" I try to lock the barista file of second user and free the one, and install the selected games of user one, to only user one access to this selected games for player one, and later block the barista file of player one and free the barista file of player two, to install the selected games of player two, and this only can be access with user two.... and I got my filtered games for any users :) @Yardape8000 you think this is possible?? I only think but I dont know what I can do to do this! I need you help! thank you!!

Last edited by oleguer, Mar 15, 2019
  5. bengalih

bengalih GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seeing an issue with Wii injected games:

I have several Wii injects I created using the following method:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

These titles get moved to the very end of the list, regardless of their names. They also get *pulled out* of any folder I placed them in.

Based on my troubleshooting it appears this is because the injector scripts names it's Retail Wii titles like so:

Wii Game SW8ENG becomes SW8E. The HEX representation of this is 53573845 .
    It then does
    00050002 + 53573845 = Title ID of 0005000253573845

According to this, 00050002 is the qualifier for Game Demos, and 00050000 is for normal games.

The injector script allows you to set a custom Title ID, so I just went in and changed 00050002 to 00050000 and when I reinstalled with that TitleID your app seems to sort it properly.

Therefore it seems your app doesn't handle "Demo" titles.
    (EDIT: Confirmed this to be the case via a cursory glance at the code).

I don't really have much of an issue modifying the Title ID of my Wii injects...I've only created two so far, so it isn't a hassle.

However, I don't see a legitimate reason you shouldn't recognize the 00050002 qualifier to sort Demo titles alongside normal games. After all, if the demos don't get sorted they will mean that the rest of the titles have to work around them, so the sort order will be off after all.

what do you think?

Last edited by bengalih, Jan 21, 2020
  6. XCHDave

XCHDave Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    This is exactly my issue!! shouldn't be too hard to fix either, just look for 00050000 and or 00050002!

I've got 60 gamecube games already installed and really don't want to start the process over so hope someone updates that line of code...

Edit: Or can someone explain to me the dontmove hex file a bit clearer? can I just block my gamecube folder from the sort?

Last edited by XCHDave, Jan 26, 2020
  7. oleguer

oleguer Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    XCHDave bengalih says if you use any app to make your inject titles (like teconmoon's Wii VC injector) BEFORE you make your title in Gamepad/Meta Options you can manually change the pregenerated title of the game 00050002XXXXXXXX (demo) and change this with 00050000XXXXXXXX (games) and this fix your problem.

BUT I dont know any simple form to make this change after you make your injection.... for this reason I think you need make new conversions, dellete the older games installed and install the new conversions with this fix. ^^'''''

Last edited by oleguer, Jan 30, 2020
  8. bengalih

bengalih GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is anyone having issue with titles falling out of order once they are sorted?

At first, this appeared to be happening only when I changed the drive attached to my WiiU.
    So, if I had 2 drives with games, after switching between them they would fall out of order.
    However, after doing some tests with turning my WiiU off fully and then back on with only one drive connected they seemed to stay in order.

I just turned my system on however after it being off (but plugged in) for a couple weeks and now all my games are out of order and out of all the folders I put them in.

It's extremely difficult to locate one game in a hundred when they aren't even sorted alphabetically.

Thoughts?

9. doino1990

doino1990 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    I've just released a new version(0.2.0) of the script with the following improvements:
    • Added support for demo games(00050002).
    • The script ignores leading "The" in game's name.
    • Build against the latest devkit.
    Since I'm a new member I can't post a link. However you can find under: /doino-gretchenliev/menu_sort/releases/tag/0.2.0 on GitHub.

I will submit it for HB App Store.

10. Masana

Masana Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello and thank you for your contribution.
    I tested the software only following black screen it returns me in hombrew launcher and did not rank in the menu.

11. doino1990

doino1990 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    On app startup, there should be a black screen with some instruction. When you confirm the execution, the app will work for a couple of seconds and will let you know when it's done. After that the titles in the main WII U menu will be sorted.

There is no GUI, only console.

Also, there is already a new improved version 1.0.0 on the Homebrew store, the code is available here: /doino-gretchenliev/menu_sort/releases/tag/1.0.0 .

Masana likes this.
  12. d4mation

d4mation GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do you think that you would be able to add a mode to copy the sort order from one Profile to all other Profiles on the Wii U? I had looked at doing this in the past, but admittedly wasn't able to get very far.

I have all my games and such nice and tidy on my main profile in folders and everything, but it's a mess on the other profiles because I didn't want to redo that work multiple times.

13. doino1990

doino1990 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    Actually that's a good idea and not hard to implement. Check out the new version I just released: /doino-gretchenliev/menu_sort/releases/tag/1.1.0. There is added support for backup and restore of the current state, including folders. You can use those options to:
    • create an initial backup;
    • keep multiple versions of the main menu items;
    • sync main menu items to multiple profiles - requires the execution of restore option into each profile.
    The new version will be available in the store in couple of days. Enjoy!

d4mation likes this.
  14. d4mation

d4mation GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just had a chance to try this out. It worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

doino1990 likes this.
  15. WhenThen

WhenThen Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I see that the content of dontmove.txt is
    ```
    10179B00 # Brain Age: Train Your Brain In Minutes A Day
    10105A00 # Netflix
    10105700 # YouTube
    ```
    Does that mean that it moves system titles and the Homebrew channel now?

16. Masana

Masana Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thank you for your answer, I launched it after installing it by ftp which creates a bug. I restarted the console and it launched correctly.

doino1990 likes this.
  17. doino1990

doino1990 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    No. System titles and Homebrew channel are ignored within the code. They were never part of dontmove.hex file as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted