wii u logo is final

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The last nail I have with NINTENDO is the price of the Wii U.

I'm sick of their region lock. The Wii U to me is just a bloated PS3 with a horrible looking touch controller, except with highly possible region lock (come on, to the extent of IP LOCKOUT?) and a possible $300 price point.

I'm done with Nintendo if they decide to charge $300> for the Wii U.

Sorry for the shit. In a bad mood today.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

I'm sick of their region lock. The Wii U to me is just a bloated PS3 with a horrible looking touch controller, except with highly possible region lock and a possible $300 price point.

It's only $50 more than the Wii at launch, and it's still much cheaper than the PS3 and 360 at launch.

I'm not sure why you would be done with Nintendo...maybe you want it to be more expensive?

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I'm sick of their region lock. The Wii U to me is just a bloated PS3 with a horrible looking touch controller, except with highly possible region lock and a possible $300 price point.

It's only $50 more than the Wii at launch, and it's still much cheaper than the PS3 and 360 at launch.

I'm not sure why you would be done with Nintendo...maybe you want it to be more expensive?
I won't mind paying $299 for the Wii U, I meant more than that.

Technology is definitely more advanced now compared to 5 years ago. The Wii can never be worth $249, wait... $200 even, including advertising.
$299 for the Wii U is, IMO, the worst they can go. Not that they want to make the same mistake with the 3DS.

I'm against them due to region lock. I just find it awfully silly. They even implemented lockouts for certain online titles when they want to enhance the online experience.

Maybe my words were too harsh, sorry about that.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I BEG YOU DON'T CRY!

;O;

But seriously, stop crying over a name and a logo
Exactly, people here are so ridiculous, saying that it's a doomed console, it won't live up to expectations etc...

While in fact we know next to nothing about the system, the hardware, online, features and more importantly the game library.
Hell, even the controller is just a rumor, for all we know that leaked image could be a controller for developer feedback or simply from an old devkit revision.
You can't labor something as terrible when you don't know how it's going to turn out.

Everything we know is based on rumors, developer comments and Nintendo's rushed E3 2011 conference.
Last week for example Gearbox said that the "Wii U is a powerful, powerful machine", yet people still like to think that it won't be a worthy future competitor for some reason. Of course devs can't speak of specifics yet and of course the devkits are still being tweaked until the last moment as usual.

There is no point in judging it because as of now we only have ports and a confirmed Pikmin game, stuff we got to know last year. What the Wii U will bring us this time remains a mystery until the final reveal of the system.

Reactions: 2 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I won't mind paying $299 for the Wii U, I meant more than that.

Technology is definitely more advanced now compared to 5 years ago. The Wii can never be worth $249, wait... $200 even, including advertising.
$299 for the Wii U is, IMO, the worst they can go. Not that they want to make the same mistake with the 3DS.

I'm against them due to region lock. I just find it awfully silly. They even implemented lockouts for certain online titles when they want to enhance the online experience.

Maybe my words were too harsh, sorry about that.
How is $300 the worst they can go? Especially at launch? For a handheld, maybe, but for a console? Sounds absolutely wonderful to me.

And it's not like Sony and Microsoft don't have region locks, by that logic you shouldn't like any console then.

Anyways, I don't really care about the name of a console, as long as it has good games and it doesn't cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars I'm cool with it. Why a name should turn away anyone is ridiculous.

"I met this really hot chick who's absolutely perfect for me in every way but I decided to hate her cuz he name is Ester". :rolleyes:

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont mind the name.... it's not awesome, but hey.... who the fuck cares? it's just a name
the only thing that could anoy me if they start to name all the games "Name U" (MetroidU, MarioU, F-ZeroU, Star FoxU)
that would be stupid

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is just a name none cares il buy it anyway if E3 proves it to be good.
This year E3 will be one of the best if you ask me.

2i7wboy.gif

shhh stop crying is just a name Catboy

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is a true gamers response
who cares about what the logo looks like or what the name is it will be the games that show what the wiiu is capable of that's what i've keeping my excitement for not this shit.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That maybe true, but honestly I I have not been hyped by the future games to come.
There have been two TWO TWO games actually confirmed for the Wii U.
Maybe three. And I'm excited for both of them.

But it's really just not fair to say "GAMING IS DOOOOOOMED" because we know absolutely nothing about the Wii U other than, apparently, its final name.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, skipping a console just because of the logo of the device is just pure idiotic.

It's not like the gaming experience is gonna suck just because of the logo on the console, and if you are looking at the logo when you are playing then you are doing it wrong.

And the exact same thing can be said about the name.

Reactions: 3 people

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, skipping a console just because of the logo of the device is just pure idiotic.

It's not like the gaming experience is gonna suck just because of the logo on the console, and if you are looking at the logo when you are playing then you are doing it wrong.

And the exact same thing can be said about the name.
Nobody said they were skipping the console because of the name. The reason why the name is getting so much flak is because the confusion that happened with the 3DS at launch.
People thought that the 3DS was just another DS that had 3D as its only new feature, so it's quite possible that people will think that the Wii U is just a new controller for the Wii based on what has been shown. The public can be really stupid about these things.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does make a sense because look at PSX became Ps2 then PS3. Wii is now going to the next generation and it is Wii U. I am glad that they are stick to that logo for the final. Now, I am wait and watch for 3rd party developing for the Wii U before I buy it because I made a mistake for Wii. Not that Wii was bad but I am into HD than Wii version. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol