Gaming Wii U just lost another exclusive

Does this bother you?

• Yes, I'm outraged by their disloyalty. **** you developers.

• No, I'm glad more people can enjoy it and the developers make some extra cash.

• Dont care, Wii U is hot garbage.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been going on for years. Devs touting X game as exclusive to a console, while there's a pc version. No one seems to have taken an issue with it before, don't see why it should be different when it happens to the Wii U.
If Nintendo can port their exclusives to PC I'll never need to buy consoles again

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/799742819321737216

The developer argues there is still Wii U exclusive features. I'm still gonna pick up this game physically and buy it on steam when it goes on sale.

make poll please.
1)care, this is outrage
2)don't care, better for dev to have more than one platform so in the future they can make better games
3)wii u sucks

If Nintendo can port their exclusives to PC I'll never need to buy consoles again

CEMU IT UP

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see how it matters, i don't think people were buying the Wii U for the two exclusives mentioned in this thread.
But its not just these two games. Wii U has been losing lots of exclusives within just a few months. It makes the console have less value when the user could simply just get a PC in the first place that has a much larger library of games to play. Nintendo games are the only reason I still own Nintendo systems, without that I'd be pure PC gaming.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
But its not just these two games. Wii U has been losing lots of exclusives within just a few months. It makes the console have less value when the user could simply just get a PC in the first place that has a much larger library of games to play. Nintendo games are the only reason I still own Nintendo systems, without that I'd be pure PC gaming.

At this point though does it really matter? The Wii U is end of life and production is going to end. If the Wii U was going to sell much better it already would have.

All the Nintendo exclusives alone still make the Wii U a worthwhile console in my opinion, plus it's great for local 4 player gaming, something you don't really get on other current generation consoles or the PC.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Runbow isn't a garbage game! It's an awesome competitive multiplayer game. It reminds me of the fun times I had with the original mario party.

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
This is completely natural. When a 3rd party exclusive game becomes rather successful, it starts flying off to other platforms. Remember when Resident Evil 4 got released on PS2? Every other Resident Evil game that came out on the Gamecube before RE4 just didn't make the cut... And at some point the monetary benefits of going multi-platform outweigh the benefits of the exclusivity contract... This is the reason why Sony had to make sure that both PS3 and PS4 just had to have better hardware than their peers... They learned their lesson the hard way after GTA San Andreas got released on Xbox, which was followed by vice city (At the time they were among the best selling video games of all time, while still PS2 exclusives). Most of the time one could count on a game being completely exclusive for 1 console either because it was made by a first party developer, or because it was't exactly a "smash hit"... The problem with exclusivity contracts is that they have a time limit... That being said, I still think it's worth it, because I for one really appreciate playing games as soon as they're released... So sometimes what we'd be getting at the end out of a "3rd party exclusive" is a decent head start, which is something that I completely appreciate...

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Devs have to eat lol. Just putting this out on Nintendo's platforms is financial suicide.
3rd parties have it really rough on both Nintendo platforms right now.
Just be thankful 3rd party games besides Shovel Knight and Lego release on the 3ds/U at all.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So? Exclusives are shit. Maybe this is just me, but if a game can be put on multiple console why don't they make it for multiple platforms?

I'm totally with you on this, the problem is it can not actually be proven. As much as most of the time multi-platform games are generally better most of the time, still some of the best games EVER were exclusives. One just can not put their finger on it... At the end of the day, all what it takes is for a hefty group of people to become so crazy about one particular game, no matter how much the rest of the world thinks it's complete garbage, that they'd be willing to throw 300$ just to get their hands on that one game. I for one would love to see all video games going multi-platform, and every one gets happy, but the world just doesn't work out that way... unfortunately :(

Devs have to eat lol. Just putting this out on Nintendo's platforms is financial suicide.
3rd parties have it really rough on both Nintendo platforms right now.
Just be thankful 3rd party games besides Shovel Knight and Lego release on the 3ds/U at all.

I blame Nintendo. I remember the Gamecube being superior to PS2 in terms of hardware (800 MHz vs 300 Mhz processor). The gamecube had all resident evil games on it... Starting with wii onwards, Nintendo's systems couldn't handle such high end titles anymore, or at least we could assume that porting games such as RE5 and 6 to wii/wii u would have been too costly for the developers....

Last edited by naughty_cat, , Reason: Added info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.